Chicklet Books?

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Like chicklet films, chicklet books have a market too. alk into any book store and the counter with most girls buzzing aroudn it(prolly even giggling) would definitely be stacked with chicklet books.

They're fun to read, they're dreamy and definitely a welcome change after a hardcore classic or high-funda literature book. So tell us-

1. Do you read Chicklet books?
2. What's your fav. chicket book/series and why?
3. Or do you consider chcket books a waste of time?
4. Other comments you'd like to add.

For those who're curious about what makes up the chicklet genre, check this out- http://www.chickletbooks.com/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cool_pooja thumbnail
I went to the website but i still dont get what r chicklet books... πŸ˜•

This is all i got:

Chicklet Books has been a 'dream come true' for owner, Deb Hunter… AKA Top Banana. After a year of plotting and planning the doors to this FUN & FUNKY Book Boutique opened in December of 2004. This awesome web site launched exactly one year later.

The store is unlike any other bookstore in the area. Hot Pink, Purple, Apple Green, Turquoise are just a few of the bright colors to put a smile on your face as you enter. The many windows allow plenty of natural light for reading and tons of sunshine for the trees and plants to thrive. Two comfy chairs and a dozen window seats invite you to stay a while and relax. There is even a bright Beta fish to watch swim around his tank.

All books are discounted 20% to 50%... EVERY DAY! We have magazines too. Greeting cards, handmade jewelry, tote bags, and book marks are just a sampling of wonderful gift ideas available.

So am i to understand dat chicklet books is like a store which sells books? πŸ˜•
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Pooja, lol, you're confused!!

Chicklet books are like 'How Opal Mehta Got kissed, got wild and got a life', and like 'Sweet Valley' and 'Princess Diaries' 😳
cool_pooja thumbnail
Omg!! U mean they are the teenage kind of books.. I love them!! I just read dem bec i prefer light reading!! Didnt knew dey were called chicklet books!! πŸ˜†

1. Do you read Chicklet books?
Yup bec they are light-reading and intresting and make up the teenage genre

2. What's your fav. chicket book/series and why?
Princes Dairies by Meg Cabot bec Meg has written them in a way we can all relate to. The character of Mia touches the hearts of everyone wid light touches of homour.

3. Or do you consider chcket books a waste of time?
Well dey are good if ur a teenager however once u get older you would prefer reading something more heavy.

4. Other comments you'd like to add.
They are defintly not for guys! πŸ˜†
RamJr. thumbnail

* Viewbie's note: Use of only emotions in a post are not allowed on IF.*

Edited by cool_pooja - 16 years ago
cool_pooja thumbnail
^^Omg!! U havnt read dem.. They are light-reading books and feel good type in touch wid reality! They are like the best... πŸ˜ƒ
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cool_pooja

^^Omg!! U havnt read dem.. They are light-reading books and feel good type in touch wid reality! They are like the best... πŸ˜ƒ

then i must search for them...i have never noticed them anywhere...πŸ˜†

cool_pooja thumbnail
Chicklet books is just a name given to this genre of books for teenagers like princesses Dairies by meg cabot, sweet valley by francine piscal.. Mary-Kate and Ashley.. etc im sure u must have heard of them! 😳
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cool_pooja

Chicklet books is just a name given to this genre of books for teenagers like princesses Dairies by meg cabot, sweet valley by francine piscal.. Mary-Kate and Ashley.. etc im sure u must have heard of them! 😳

have seen the movie princess diaries..both parts.  but have not read books like sweet valley etc... i dont even read mills and boon..find them rather stupid!! no offence meant
cool_pooja thumbnail
^^ Even i dunt read mills and boons.. Not bec i find them stupid but bec i usually dont like the content in dem! 😳 Anyways if u found the movie Princesses Dairies intresting u will defintly love the books! πŸ˜ƒ