Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: Bonheur

In my school years:

Thomas Hardy's Jude the Obscure
Henry James' Portrait of a Lady

In recent years:

J. M. Coetzee, Disgrace
Khaled Hosseini, Kiterunner

Wow The Kite Runner was such an AMAZING book! I was almost in tears when I read it. It was really powerful though.
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Cirque du Freak... in this a boy dies but he doesn't really cuz he can see what's happening with him after he dies. He sees how his parents react to his death, how they talk to him cuz they think he's dead and all. Damn sad.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini. It makes me cry everytime I read it 😭
cool_pooja thumbnail
The Kite Runner.. Why? Which part of it made u cry.. 😳 ..Awww! 😳
ppanache thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I went through a phase where i only read romance novels..that was a few years ago...'n the one story that made me cry was a stupid Mills & Boon Story..i don't even remember the title now...

The other one that touched me was Memoirs of a Geisha...One of the most touching books that i have read in recent times...

Gone with the Wind - Makes me choke up everytime i read it..Esp..When Rhett walks away and Scarlett proclaims "After all, tomorrow is another day!".
I love that sentence...
cool_pooja thumbnail
^^ I still read mostly Romantic Novels.. But nt mills and Boons dat much.. Though some of them i have read have been absolutly Fantastic..
xChandnix thumbnail
I can cry easily but I can cover it which I always do. When Sirius died, i was sad, not sure i cried 😊
madsoul0226 thumbnail
ne1 read the childrens book old yeller??
haha i just rememnber the poor dog [who got rabies and got shot] cuz he was on tv in the movie old yeller.
i read it in like 5th grade but it still touches my heart.
😭
sweetshine thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well, like almost others hp books were the ones that brought me to tears especially in bk6 where ofcourse Dumbledore dies and in bk7 where Fred,lupin and tonks die.but it didn't make cry literally, it's just made me really sad and some tears did well in my eyes. i never felt that bad for Sirius in the bk when he died but after seeing the movie the way he just vanished behind the veil it made me feel so sad and sorry for Harry.
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: panache

I went through a phase where i only read romance novels..that was a few years ago...'n the one story that made me cry was a stupid Mills & Boon Story..i don't even remember the title now...

The other one that touched me was Memoirs of a Geisha...One of the most touching books that i have read in recent times...

Gone with the Wind - Makes me choke up everytime i read it..Esp..When Rhett walks away and Scarlett proclaims "After all, tomorrow is another day!".
I love that sentence

Hey, can you tell me what she means by that sentence? I thought it prolly means that she's still not learning from her mistakes and still is the naive person and thinks there's another day to come when she'll have the opportunity to get Rhett back.

How did you understand that?