Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Article:sindoor dubbed in China

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Red alert in China

Zee TV's Sindoor will be dubbed in Chinese. Gurdeep and Tanvi Azmi went to China to promote the serial

Back to Section Stories Posted On Monday, July 23, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Kavita Shyam

Gurdeep Kohli
Zee TV's popular daily Sindoor - Tere naam ka went off air about two-and-a-half months back. But it caught the fancy of our Chini Bhais. The show will  now be seen and heard by the Chinese viewers as well. This will be the first Indian show to be dubbed in Chinese and shown in China.

Sindoor was the story of Vedika (played by Gurdeep Kohli) who had the phobia of the traditional symbol of sindoor, besides, it also dealt with her marriage to a sane man.

The actors have already got the required popularity during their recent trip to Changsha (China). Gurdeep Kohli and Tanvi Azmi travelled to China recently for three days to promote their show in a big way. The actors got an opportunity to meet Chinese actors and have online chat with the viewers there.

Tanvi, who played Vedika's mother-in-law Kavita Raizada in Sindoor for one and a half years, says excitedly, "We were told that our show Sindoor will be dubbed in Chinese. This is the first time that Indian actors have been invited to China to promote their show. So Gurdeep and I went there for the promotion. We had web chats, live stage interaction with the audiences and met the Chinese actors.  I had a great time interacting with the audiences there. The Chinese people were kicked about the entire show and this will be quite a break through. We were taken aback with the kind of excitement the show created. We were wondering if the Chinese would be remotely interested in our shows."

Tanvi Azmi
Adds Tanvi, "While walking the streets of China a few Chinese girls were running behind me for autographs and they were click pictures. People are really watching the promos out there and our posters were plastered all over Changsha. It was amazing to see that they identify with our emotions and I'm sure they will be comfortable understanding the family dramas. Sindoor was different from the regular soaps on television and it was very realistic. The mother-son relationship and the family oriented premise appealed to the viewers. It did not sensationalise the saas bahu drama. Besides Zee is now reaching out to the Chinese people. I am really excited about the show gaining popularity with the International audiences."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aisha_95 thumbnail
wow! 😛 Great! 😳 .. thanks for sharing.. 👏
Rinkalp90 thumbnail
wow amazing..

thanksss
Sannu_726 thumbnail
wow thats good..
nice article..
tfs
Yasmeen786 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow dats so cool! 😛
thanxs 😛
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

wow! is that cool or what? i think it's really amazing that a hindi show has got so much of recognition in a country like china.👏👏 all the best to sindoor, may it do well in china & i hope to see more hindi soaps dubbed for the chinese audience.😛

cheri thumbnail
Kasia ye pyar hai should be dubbed wonder how chinese ppl say 'kaisa ye pyar hai' 😆 😆