"I was the guinea pig on the sets. Por me

kanchi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
"I was the guinea pig on the sets. Poor me!"

By IndiaFM News Bureau, August 11th, 2004 - 0930 hrs IST

Vivek Oberoi talks about the love syrup Kyun! Ho Gaya Na

Yuva may not have fetched him a hit, but Vivek doesn't seem to care. With Kisna almost complete and Kyun! Ho Gaya Na up for release, his career has a different story to tell. In an interview with IndiaFM at the Inorbit mall, this Masti-man spills movie tidbits.

How does the audience response feel?

It has been an exceptional experience. It is for this moment that all us artists work. This kind of audience appreciation and adulation is what I feed on. The people here have been unbelievable. Showering so much love and affection, makes me feel very special.

Your play the character Arjun. What is he about?

My character is that of a fun, flamboyant, masti-bhara guy. He thinks this luv-shuv is complete humbug and it will not keep him happy. He believes that arranged marriage is the way to go. Its then that he meets Dia [Ash] and their contrasting characters inject fun and frolic into the film.

What was it like working with Mr.Bachchan?

Oh , he has always been my idol. The ultimate screen-god. It was incredible. His professionalism can put us youngsters to shame. Getting to share the same frame with him is an experience that I will carry to the grave. Fantastic in one word.

You are good friends with your director Samir Karnik. Did you try to take advantage of the friendship?

Madam, you have completely wrong reports. Ulta, I was the guinea pig on the sets. I used to report earliest on the sets and was the last to leave. I was called first on the sets but my shots used to be canned last. Yeh halat thi meri! Aapko kya sunao mere dukhde…

What do you think about your chemistry with Aishwarya?

I think we look good together. But so has been the case with my previous co-stars. Be it Antara in Company, Rani in Saathiya or Dia in Dum. I guess I am like water, mix it with wine, rum or beer, nasha toh chadta hi hain. What do you guys think? Aapko kya lagta hain? [smiles]

What do you think is the secret behind successful on-screen pairing?

I think comfort is a big factor that brings about chemistry and positive vibes on screen. If the artists are comfortable working with each other and share an enjoyable equation, that shows on-screen.

How did the Kyun! Ho Gaya Na team vibe off-screen?

We had a rollicking time! All the artists, technicians, stars, crew members every single person on the set gelled very well. It helps create a high-energy work atmosphere where we can give our best.

The music is by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. How do you like it?

Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy are a talented bunch. They create magic with Javed Akhtar. To me Kyun! Ho Gaya Na is their best work . I totally love the music for the simple reason that there isn't any repetition. The music runs parallel with the script and doesn't break the narrative. And most importantly, the songs aren't forced and don't stare at you.

More on Kyun! Ho Gaya Na

Wallpapers Screensaver Movie Preview Movie Stills Music Review Dia Mirza in Kyun! Ho Gaya Na… Close Up in Kyun Ho Gaya Na Kyun! Ho Gaya Na premiere in UK & USA On The Sets Kyun Ho Gaya Na : A Curtain Raiser The First Look : Kyun? Ho Gaya Na…! Aishwarya smooches Vivek in Kyun…? Download Movie Trailors Broadband: Vivek and Ash enthrall fans at Inorbit Stills: Vivek and Ash enthrall fans at Inorbit : Page 1 Broadband: Samir Karnik on Kyun! Ho Gaya Na Broadband: Ash speaks on Kyun! Ho Gaya Na Broadband: Vivek Oberoi talks on Kyun! Ho Gaya Na I bullied Vivek a lot!" - Samir Karnik Aishwarya Rai talks about the love-pill this august, Kyun! Ho Gaya Na
  • Vivek Oberoi talks about the love syrup Kyun! Ho Gaya Na