Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Puraani Kahaani - Relive the magic - Page 2

ishan2003 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 16 years ago
Kiran (Om) and Surbhi (Shilpa) both remained silent throughout the scene, yet they stole every frame they were in...their expressions were absolutely mindblowing. Edited by ishan2003 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^What scene was that, Ishan?

I have to say, I never really realised it at the time, but I agree with you about Babuji being a real chauvinist. The way that he was going on about Parvati as if she wasn't there was despicable. And then, when Krishna-ji and Dadi decided to support Parvati, he went into sulk-mode. I really liked Krishna-ji telling him (in private) that if he threw Vandy out (as he had done Paro), he would have to throw Preeti, Mitali, his own mother and herself out too. She shone in that scene, which is why I am even more sad that these days the oldies have nothing to do.

I also really liked Mitali - in the scene where Avantika and Shilpa blast her for "going against the family", she was wonderful with her comeback. I really miss these older characters, who had some sass and backbone 😳 even Neeraj and Kamal didn't makeany blind decisions to support Babuji or Om - they were confused because both of them were seemingly right in their place.

The funny thing is, Babuji will go on and on interrupting and disputing Paro if and when she ever tries to say something in her defence, but when it comes to listening to Pallavi's crap or Ambika/Mallika's threats, he stands there in one corner, shaking his hea but not making a stand. I wonder what pathological need he has to put down his bahus and support people he's known for all of five minutes?

Paro was too cute when she was investigating though πŸ˜† πŸ˜† and the slap she gave to Mallika was on form as usual.
ishan2003 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: psawyer

^^What scene was that, Ishan?

I have to say, I never really realised it at the time, but I agree with you about Babuji being a real chauvinist. The way that he was going on about Parvati as if she wasn't there was despicable. And then, when Krishna-ji and Dadi decided to support Parvati, he went into sulk-mode. I really liked Krishna-ji telling him (in private) that if he threw Vandy out (as he had done Paro), he would have to throw Preeti, Mitali, his own mother and herself out too. She shone in that scene, which is why I am even more sad that these days the oldies have nothing to do.

I also really liked Mitali - in the scene where Avantika and Shilpa blast her for "going against the family", she was wonderful with her comeback. I really miss these older characters, who had some sass and backbone 😳 even Neeraj and Kamal didn't makeany blind decisions to support Babuji or Om - they were confused because both of them were seemingly right in their place.

The funny thing is, Babuji will go on and on interrupting and disputing Paro if and when she ever tries to say something in her defence, but when it comes to listening to Pallavi's crap or Ambika/Mallika's threats, he stands there in one corner, shaking his hea but not making a stand. I wonder what pathological need he has to put down his bahus and support people he's known for all of five minutes?

Paro was too cute when she was investigating though πŸ˜† πŸ˜† and the slap she gave to Mallika was on form as usual.

The scene where Ambika was exposed

psawyer thumbnail
^^Right. Yep, I agree.

Have to say, the Shruti-Sonu scene was so cute. Wonderful perfomance by Shweta Prasad - it was a total foreshadowing of their relationship after the leap (first leap). Shruti really was protective of Sonu and Krishna, of course - to the extent that she would support them both over her own parents...loved that.

Just a small doubt - Sonu is older than Krishna, isn't she? As far as I remember, it was Shruti, Sonu then Krishna, and then the other kids - right?
ishan2003 thumbnail
Shruti, then Sonu, then Krishna, then Monalika
eklayvafan1 thumbnail
I totally agree guys on Babuji; he was acting like a complete fool and rather insensitively towards Paro. I guess they hated Pallavi so much that they couldn't even imagine the sight of Paro linking with her, and also they were practically misled by there own daughter. I loved the dialogue Babuji said 'No matter how much we say, but when it comes to matter of trusting your own daughter or your Bahu, we will always choose our own daughter'. Its reality and it happens again and again. I guess that summed it up all well.

I completely loved the way Paro steadily and mutely walked away from her family, especially from Om and Babuji, when really she wanted to be with them. I loved it how her self-respect which was insulted by everyone was the aspect that made her walk away. And Babuji your Bahu is to big hearted not to forgive you, have to say his apology really mellowed down my anger towards him to say the least.

How adorable and cute was Om when he says 'Right or wrong, from what I have learnt about my relationship with Paro, I can only conclude by saying I cant live without her', and Paro looks at him tearfully, with so much admiration and love for her beloved, I absolutely adored that scene and Paro conveyed everything just with her eyes. And the scene when Om argues against Babuji on why Paro can't be forgiven, when he says I canchange my mental perspective or outlook, but not the heartbeats that beat for Paro, he was too cute. Loved the little Shruti and Om scenes, and indirectly Om's advice coming from what he learnt from Paro. And was Shruti fierce or what even when she was small, loved the way she is so adamant whilst talking to Om that she wont talk to anyone who is annoyed at her Mom. That scene was so sweet. And Paro's nani, really adore the fact that anything that happens to Paro, the first person she thinks of is Om, she really treated him like her son.   

About Kamal Vasu, I guess to certain extent Pallavi was right, (though I love how Kamal supports Paro/Om), but from what I have seen Kamal has never done anything on his own merit. She completely hated the fact Kamal did everything blindly for Om/Paro, why he could not take decisions individually. Personally I believe Kamal was prosperous with his family relationships in the sense he had good rapport with his family members, but some way down the line he fell weak as a husband, who was not self-regulative enough, for a person like Pallavi. Just a Q, was there a point in time where Pallavi actually loved Kamal???

Ambika/Mallika she was amazing, it was so funny the way she tried to lure Om, and equally funny was Om's shock and horror style expressions. It was good to see that even after being defeated she didn't let Garauv slap her, and even had the audacity to threaten him. Guys is this the end of her though??? Do we not see Ambika again??? The actress was really good.

Overall I absolutely loved the eps, every character right or wrong played there part with conviction, and shared equal footage and importance.
Edited by eklayvafan1 - 16 years ago
psawyer thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: eklayvafan1

I completely loved the way Paro steadily and mutely walked away from her family, especially from Om and Babuji, when really she wanted to be with them. I loved it how her self-respect which was insulted by everyone was the aspect that made her walk away. And Babuji your Bahu is to big hearted not to forgive you, have to say his apology really mellowed down my anger towards him to say the least. I loved that bit too - she didn't just stand around waiting for them to take her back. She retained her self respect, she did what she said she would and left. She knew that Om would convince her to stay, and she knew that Babuji would too, but in a way, it seemed as if she decided not to go back until someone came and got her. And I don't mean that she was calculating, and waiting for an apology before she deigned to return, simply that she  put her self-respect before her love for her family, and made sure that the "inner Parvati" was satisfied.

How adorable and cute was Om when he says 'Right or wrong, from what I have learnt about my relationship with Paro, I can only conclude by saying I cant live without her', and Paro looks at him tearfully, with so much admiration and love for her beloved, I absolutely adored that scene and Paro conveyed everything just with her eyes. And the scene when Om argues against Babuji on why Paro can't be forgiven, when he says I canchange my mental perspective or outlook, but not the heartbeats that beat for Paro, he was too cute. Loved the little Shruti and Om scenes, and indirectly Om's advice coming from what he learnt from Paro. And was Shruti fierce or what even when she was small, loved the way she is so adamant whilst talking to Om that she wont talk to anyone who is annoyed at her Mom. That scene was so sweet. And Paro's nani, really adore the fact that anything that happens to Paro, the first person she thinks of is Om, she really treated him like her son.    I absolutely loved Om. Especially when he asked Babuji why there was a difference between sons and d-i-l's in their society and house. Its not something you would expect a son to say, you'd expect a woman to come out with that line, but Om was so sensitive towards the feelings of EVERY bahu, not just his own wife. At that point, you could see even Avantika and Shilpa a little shame-faced. Loved the bit when Nani came into the house, and Om sped out of his seat, worried for her, and then immediately agreed to go and find Paro. Not only did Nani treat him as her son, but Om treated Nani like his own mother/nani as well. Loved the actress who played Nani - that character was strong and well-etched, and aside from Narayani Devi now, she was the only character who was a REAL mother-figure to Paro. I don't count Dadi or Krishna-ji, because they kept changing their minds/remaining mute and not offering her their unmitigated support.

About Kamal Vasu, I guess to certain extent Pallavi was right, (though I love how Kamal supports Paro/Om), but from what I have seen Kamal has never done anything on his own merit. She completely hated the fact Kamal did everything blindly for Om/Paro, why he could not take decisions individually. Personally I believe Kamal was prosperous with his family relationships in the sense he had good rapport with his family members, but some way down the line he fell weak as a husband, who was not self-regulative enough, for a person like Pallavi. Just a Q, was there a point in time where Pallavi actually loved Kamal??? There was a point earlier on, before this track happened - when Kamal started to get involved in the business, and smartened up - thanks to Pallavi. When Paro brought Pallavi back home after she was first thrown out, Pallavi and Kamal started getting closer, to the point that Pallavi would support Kamal over Shilpa and Gaurav. Even when Krishna was born, and Pallavi found out, she loved him like her own son (after she got over the shock, of course), and even tried to be involved with Kamal. It was after Khushi's rape track that Pallavi turned evil again, and lost all love for everyone in that family except Krishna (and later Monalika). One question - why haven't they shown baby Krishna yet? He's been born, but he never gets talked about nor do they show him...

Ambika/Mallika she was amazing, it was so funny the way she tried to lure Om, and equally funny was Om's shock and horror style expressions. It was good to see that even after being defeated she didn't let Garauv slap her, and even had the audacity to threaten him. Guys is this the end of her though??? Do we not see Ambika again??? The actress was really good. Definitely not the last of Mallika, she'll be back soon. Rajeshwari was brilliant as Mallika, but Tisca Chopra was wonderful as well. She comes in after the first leap, and its one of those rare occasions when both the original and the replacement actor do justice to their role. The character did not suffer from the replacement.

As for Om, the thing that I loved most about that scene was his absolute disgust at himself. He wasn't like other "faithful" husbands, who succumbed to the charms of another woman simply because she was crying in his arms (here I am thinking of Mihir) - in fact the whole charade backfired on Mallika. Loved how he kept saying - "How could I betray my wife, my Parvati?" It wasn't even simply about being a good husband, it was his utter disbelief - he couldn't even CONTEMPLATE being with someone who wasn't Parvati. That was beautiful. And not once did he lay a hand on her - she touched him, but he didn't push her nor did he touch her in any other way. He simply backed himself up and chastised her. Brilliant!

I was looking through the character list, and I noticed that Kuljeet Randhawa originally played Meeta - I vaguely remembered that another actress had essayed that role before Tanaaz, but had no idea it was Kuljeet. For those who are confused, Kuljeet played Shaina in Special Squad. That was an "OMG, really?" moment for meπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by psawyer - 16 years ago
eklayvafan1 thumbnail
Thanks Vasu for the clarifications. On Mallika I meant, will we see rajeshwari anymore as Mallika in this leap??? Or does the character of Mallika come back now only after the leap??? Yeah I agree yaar Tisca did a absolutely a wonderful job aswell, really loved her role.

I know yaar Om's character was amazing not only with Paro but every other character. His disgust was clearly evident in the Ambika scene, you could really see he felt sick that Ambika would even think like that. Loved the scene when he tell Ajay/Garauv that above traditions are relationships, be it in the form of brother/sis, mother/son, or husband/wife (him/paro), and he suddenly stops there and remembers her. Om was really amazing how he wanted to be with Paro really badly, but also not to upset his so-called family by this decision. He really played it beautifully.

With Kamal/Pallavi I dont know why but I always tend to be with Pallavi, just in there relationship alone. I think what really made me like Pallavi was when she whole-heartly acceped Krishna as her own son, and gave him all the love and affection. Her accepting Krishna despite what kamal did, was definetly the most defining moment in her character.

Just re-watched the Paro scene when she has told everyone about Amibka and she goes to the mandir. Wow was that a scene or what, Saakshi really protrayed so much hurt, relief, pain, and happiness all in that scene. She was mindblowing.

What is the next big track that's coming up?? Does Ajay die first or is it Babuji???

P.S. Kuljeet from SS that's a shocker yaar, totally loved her in SS as Shaina, she was one fiery, gutsy actress, she really rocked for sure. What role did she play in kahaani???
psawyer thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: eklayvafan1

Thanks Vasu for the clarifications. On Mallika I meant, will we see rajeshwari anymore as Mallika in this leap??? Or does the character of Mallika come back now only after the leap??? Yeah I agree yaar Tisca did a absolutely a wonderful job aswell, really loved her role. I think we do see Rajeshwari in this gen - in the track when her sister Ashlesha comes by...can't remember though, maybe she changed before the leap itself....in any case, Mallika will be back, in one form or another...

I know yaar Om's character was amazing not only with Paro but every other character. His disgust was clearly evident in the Ambika scene, you could really see he felt sick that Ambika would even think like that. Loved the scene when he tell Ajay/Garauv that above traditions are relationships, be it in the form of brother/sis, mother/son, or husband/wife (him/paro), and he suddenly stops there and remembers her. Om was really amazing how he wanted to be with Paro really badly, but also not to upset his so-called family by this decision. He really played it beautifully.

With Kamal/Pallavi I dont know why but I always tend to be with Pallavi, just in there relationship alone. I think what really made me like Pallavi was when she whole-heartly acceped Krishna as her own son, and gave him all the love and affection. Her accepting Krishna despite what kamal did, was definetly the most defining moment in her character. Absolutely. Any woman who can wholeheartedly accept and love a child who is a constant reminder of her husband's affair with another woman can't be all that bad. That's why, despite my hating Tulsi with a vengeance, I always loved her relationship with Karan (not any more), and that's why, I could never hate Pallavi fully, like I could hate Aparna, or Komolika or Mandira. Pallavi stayed away from Krishna for 20 years, and he wasn't her biological son, yet she still loved him fiercely all her life. Contrast that with Aparna, who raised Prem/UD for 20 years - you'd think she'd have a TINY bit of love for the child she spent the majority of her life with. But she didn't think twice about using him as a tool and then discarding him.

I also couldn't hate Pallavi fully because, on some level, I could understand her. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I supported her actions, but I could understand that the betrayal she faced when she was married to house-servant Kamal instead of hot-shot lawyer Ajay, and I could see her frustration with Kamal always "Yes bhabhi, no bhabhi"-ing and never speaking up for himself or for her, and I could understand her anger in the way the family treated her when reg. Krishna. And no matter how evil she got, no matter what she did, she always referred to Parvati as "bhabhi" and Om as "bhaiya". Even years after she was divorced from Kamal, she retained that respect for Paro, if only in name. Pallavi knew Paro's strength - never did she underestimate her. She truly was a worthy adversary. And unlike Trishna, Pallavi never used Paro's children against her - apart from Monalika, that is - I think Pallavi even loved Shruti to some extent, despite being the one who had her kidnapped. In any case, Pallavi is such a multi-faceted, strong and complex character, that I couldn't help but love her anyway. I can't stand the one-dimensionality of chars like Komo and Aparna (though I love Komo purely for the comic factor with Indro), who want revenge for no reason in particular. But like all the other chars of the first 2 gens, Pallavi was more grey than black or white, and she was lovingly etched and wonderfully essayed.

Just re-watched the Paro scene when she has told everyone about Amibka and she goes to the mandir. Wow was that a scene or what, Saakshi really protrayed so much hurt, relief, pain, and happiness all in that scene. She was mindblowing.

What is the next big track that's coming up?? Does Ajay die first or is it Babuji??? Ajay dies first. Babuji dies sometime after the leap. THe next big track, acc. to my memory, is the crescendo and culmination of Ajay's affair with Meeta, and his death. That should be interesting, though who-dunnit mysteries are always a little boring, especially when you already know "whodunnit"!πŸ˜†

P.S. Kuljeet from SS that's a shocker yaar, totally loved her in SS as Shaina, she was one fiery, gutsy actress, she really rocked for sure. What role did she play in kahaani??? I loved the actress, but by God, did that character irritate the hell out of me or what?! Always shouting for no reason, being so antagonistic towards everyone...Kuljeet was originally Meeta, Ajay's boss and later mistress, though it was Tanaaz playing the role when the affair started.

Edited by psawyer - 16 years ago
eklayvafan1 thumbnail
I totally agree, Pallavi had her share of strengths and weaknesses. One strength being her undying love for krishna, and also hated the way the agarwals treated her regarding the whole krishna aspect, and how they never saw the genuine love Pallavi had for krishna.

Yeah the Ajay track should be interesting as long as they dont stretch it too much like always. As long as there is alot of Om/Paro/Shruti scenes in between I am all up for it.

P.S. I know what you mean, Shaina did shout a hell of lot πŸ˜† , even when she could clearly put her point across calmly. What I loved about her character was her dont give damn/ dont mess with me attitude, she was definetly a very unique character to ever hit onscreen.

Another Q, who was Sasha and his crew related to from the AG family??? Was it Neeraj???