Puraani Kahaani - Relive the magic - Page 6

Posted: 16 years ago
😊 Hey Vasu, Urooj n Ankit...was going thru' your views on the character of Janki being more real than that of Parvati...so i thought i'd chip in with my views as well! πŸ˜‰

Well, first n foremost i have simply loved the way the character of Parvati has evolved and matured over the years πŸ‘ ...not once did Parvati take hasty decisions without analysing n getting into the root of the problem...this shows that Parvati is not just emotional, but also very practical...she knows what she's doing, and will make sure her family is protected n gets only the best! She's been a wonderful daughter(to her Nani),loving D-I-L, a devoted wife n friend, a caring "bhabhi", an ideal supermom, & a dedicated homemaker....and yet has'nt lost her identity in the process πŸ‘ . Whenever the AG Parivaar faced a problem she stood up for them...she has always fought for what is right and maintained her independence.

I simply loved the characters of Swati Dixit n Janki Devi that Parvati adorned 'coz she brought out her power, dominance, attitude, patience, perseverance, and strength thru' them... πŸ‘ each of the characters that Parvati took up during the course of her life has taught her how to handle situations better, each one was a learning experience about the kind of people who exist in the world n how they are to be dealt with, she grew stronger by the years n learnt to stand up for her rights n also show others what it means to receive pain (that she went thru' for 18 long years for no fault of hers!)

Even Sakshi, in one of her interviews has said that a character like Parvati is too good to be true in reality...Parvati is too sacrificing...only a mother can be so sacrificing, she said. Very true...but at the sametime when characters like Pallavi n Shruthi are likely to exist in reality, characters at least one-pinch of what Parvati is, may also exist though not completely... 😊 If there were more people like Parvati in this world, then the world would've been a much better place to stay in, would'nt it? 😳 πŸ˜‰

Relating to that..., Ekta n other actors who have known Sakshi for long, have said that Sakshi is an extremely genuine people-person who is very sensitive. 😳 In fact, Ekta has even said that Sakshi is the only actor who comes closest to the character she plays on screen πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ , at times Sakshi can get very emotional / sensitive n cry over little things...it seems when Kiran n Sakshi had their scenes together, they have'nt used glycerine in over 80% of their emotional scenes 'coz both of 'em would actually go thru' the emotions of the character themselves!!...So, after hearing that, at least I've begun to believe that a character like Parvati can actually exist 😳 ...and none other than Sakshi herself is the biggest proof to it!! 😳 πŸ‘ 😊

P.S: No offences meant to anyone guys!! Just my views.. 😳

Originally posted by luv_sakshi

😊 Hey Vasu, Urooj n Ankit...was going thru' your views on the character of Janki being more real than that of Parvati...so i thought i'd chip in with my views as well! πŸ˜‰

Well, first n foremost i have simply loved the way the character of Parvati has evolved and matured over the years πŸ‘ ...not once did Parvati take hasty decisions without analysing n getting into the root of the problem...this shows that Parvati is not just emotional, but also very practical...she knows what she's doing, and will make sure her family is protected n gets only the best! She's been a wonderful daughter(to her Nani),loving D-I-L, a devoted wife n friend, a caring "bhabhi", an ideal supermom, & a dedicated homemaker....and yet has'nt lost her identity in the process πŸ‘ . Whenever the AG Parivaar faced a problem she stood up for them...she has always fought for what is right and maintained her independence.

I simply loved the characters of Swati Dixit n Janki Devi that Parvati adorned 'coz she brought out her power, dominance, attitude, patience, perseverance, and strength thru' them... πŸ‘ each of the characters that Parvati took up during the course of her life has taught her how to handle situations better, each one was a learning experience about the kind of people who exist in the world n how they are to be dealt with, she grew stronger by the years n learnt to stand up for her rights n also show others what it means to receive pain (that she went thru' for 18 long years for no fault of hers!)

Even Sakshi, in one of her interviews has said that a character like Parvati is too good to be true in reality...Parvati is too sacrificing...only a mother can be so sacrificing, she said. Very true...but at the sametime when characters like Pallavi n Shruthi are likely to exist in reality, characters at least one-pinch of what Parvati is, may also exist though not completely... 😊 If there were more people like Parvati in this world, then the world would've been a much better place to stay in, would'nt it? 😳 πŸ˜‰

Relating to that..., Ekta n other actors who have known Sakshi for long, have said that Sakshi is an extremely genuine people-person who is very sensitive. 😳 In fact, Ekta has even said that Sakshi is the only actor who comes closest to the character she plays on screen πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ , at times Sakshi can get very emotional / sensitive n cry over little things...it seems when Kiran n Sakshi had their scenes together, they have'nt used glycerine in over 80% of their emotional scenes 'coz both of 'em would actually go thru' the emotions of the character themselves!!...So, after hearing that, at least I've begun to believe that a character like Parvati can actually exist 😳 ...and none other than Sakshi herself is the biggest proof to it!! 😳 πŸ‘ 😊

P.S: No offences meant to anyone guys!! Just my views.. 😳

Hi Chandrika! totally agree with each and every word u said in the above post πŸ˜³.No second thoughts yaar that paro is one of the most well sketched character in the history of indian television.Though the character is unrelistic,but there is somethimg which makes it really adorable and lovable,which i think is the case with zillions of people for whom this character is an inspiration and which had played a lion's share in taking kggk to golden heightsπŸ‘.Absolutely if we have people who possess even 10% of paro's character in them,the world wud have ben a better place to live in.πŸ˜ƒ.Non doubt we don't have characters like her,but she does set a parameter for every bahu of india.Even my mother and the aunties who watch this show say ,that though paro is unrealistic,she does give them a strenght.an inspiration to successfully handle the crises which they faceπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†.Yeah! in kwk she mentioned that she cudn't identitfy with the role and had actually refused ekta three timesπŸ˜†.Her principles,values and the character of swati dixit and janki devi has taught her to be more strong and she has learned to handle the situations more skillfully.See even 2day when she faces any crises she retains that janki attitude to tackle them and morever she has learned to give it back to people who trouble her even if they are her family members.

Cud anyone plaese update me on what happened in the last episode of kggk(utsav episodes).?

ANKIT 

I just catched up with some utsav videos.As usual kgk was rocking πŸ‘ .Finally the ajay's murder track is slowly coming up,probably one of the best storylines so far.Ajay seems to ahve been bitten by pallavi's bug and he is coming up with some really intresting tricks,so that he can go to his flame meeta kapadia πŸ˜† ,but paro has come to know abt this affair and now we will have some intresting"parvati's pravachan" πŸ˜† .Seriously guys whats wrong with aggarwal family πŸ˜† .The aggarwal men fall in love with some other women working in their office and we have other successful men falling in love with aggarwal women πŸ˜† πŸ˜† .Guys though ajay was shown dead ,but did they ever found his body?may be he was alive.Cudn't watch the full episode,just saw the last part when paro caught ajay and meeta getting cosy with each other.Guys can we have a short update for utsav episodes just like we have for current episodes? πŸ˜‰

We can indeed, but last week's Utsav eps have not been uploaded πŸ˜• 😳 , so as of yet, I have no clue what's going on (on an ep-to-ep basis)...don't know whats going on with Saara...

As for Ajay - I don't think they ever found Ajay's body, and there was a time when we thought he might come back (when Monalika came to AG House after the leap), but nothing transpired from that...

All the AG men, except Om have had two women in their lives - Babuji, Gaurav, Ajay, Kamal etcπŸ˜† I don't count Trishna for Om, because he didn't have any relationship - physical or otherwise - with her.

Edited by psawyer - 16 years ago
Yeah! even i was hopeful that agetr monalika's entry we cud see ajay returning from dead,but that never happened.But what hurts me more is the way the writers completly wiped off ajay's family from the frame.Avantika was killed in the blast with sambhav(my fav characters) and the last time i heard of monalika and her son siddharth was when she went on some"tirth-yatra".I was really excited with her pairing with soumil(shabbir of kayamath) 😳 ,but i guess we wud not see any more of her in kggk. 😭

ANKIT
Originally posted by ankit rocks

Hi Chandrika! totally agree with each and every word u said in the above post πŸ˜³.No second thoughts yaar that paro is one of the most well sketched character in the history of indian television.Though the character is unrelistic,but there is somethimg which makes it really adorable and lovable,which i think is the case with zillions of people for whom this character is an inspiration and which had played a lion's share in taking kggk to golden heightsπŸ‘.Absolutely if we have people who possess even 10% of paro's character in them,the world wud have ben a better place to live in.πŸ˜ƒ.Non doubt we don't have characters like her,but she does set a parameter for every bahu of india.Even my mother and the aunties who watch this show say ,that though paro is unrealistic,she does give them a strenght.an inspiration to successfully handle the crises which they faceπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†.Yeah! in kwk she mentioned that she cudn't identitfy with the role and had actually refused ekta three timesπŸ˜†.Her principles,values and the character of swati dixit and janki devi has taught her to be more strong and she has learned to handle the situations more skillfully.See even 2day when she faces any crises she retains that janki attitude to tackle them and morever she has learned to give it back to people who trouble her even if they are her family members.

Cud anyone plaese update me on what happened in the last episode of kggk(utsav episodes).?

ANKIT 

😊 Yeah...well said Ankit! πŸ‘

Utsav Update (Recent Epi) : In the Aug 06 epi in KGGK (old), there was a really touching scene b/w Babuji n Parvati... πŸ˜­ where Babuji tells Parvati that she holds a very imp place in the AG Parivaar...😳 n even though Babuji tried to forget her when she was'nt around, he simply could'nt for the simple reason Parvati is that strong link of the "mala" of their household, that even if Parvati is gone for a day, that link will break off...he's grateful to Parvati for her patience n care for the family... πŸ‘ he tells her that she is not his bahu but his very special bet, n Babuji also promises never to do such a thing to parvati again..😊

Meanwhile the AG's are preparing for Avatika's celebration party at home...😊 Parvati remembers that she has forgotten to buy a gift for Avantika...Parvati wants to make this party special for Avantika 'coz she feels that she may have caused a lot of pain to Avantika by suspecting the affair of Mita n Ajay (which is true!  )...Not being able to decide the best gift for Avantiks, she calls Ajay to find out what Avantika would like best for her b'day gift....πŸ˜• Ajay however, is in a hotel with Mita n his driver picks Ajay's cell (which he has left back in the car)...Parvati decides to walk up to his room (where she was told that a meeting with Mita is in progress) ..to ask him abt the gift...however nobody opens the hotel room n so Parvati comes outside the hotel room only to spot Ajay n Mita getting intimate..πŸ˜• Parvati is shocked n the epi ends...πŸ˜•

Originally posted by luv_sakshi

😊 Yeah...well said Ankit! πŸ‘

Utsav Update (Recent Epi) : In the Aug 06 epi in KGGK (old), there was a really touching scene b/w Babuji n Parvati... πŸ˜­ where Babuji tells Parvati that she holds a very imp place in the AG Parivaar...😳 n even though Babuji tried to forget her when she was'nt around, he simply could'nt for the simple reason Parvati is that strong link of the "mala" of their household, that even if Parvati is gone for a day, that link will break off...he's grateful to Parvati for her patience n care for the family... πŸ‘ he tells her that she is not his bahu but his very special bet, n Babuji also promises never to do such a thing to parvati again..😊

Meanwhile the AG's are preparing for Avatika's celebration party at home...😊 Parvati remembers that she has forgotten to buy a gift for Avantika...Parvati wants to make this party special for Avantika 'coz she feels that she may have caused a lot of pain to Avantika by suspecting the affair of Mita n Ajay (which is true!  )...Not being able to decide the best gift for Avantiks, she calls Ajay to find out what Avantika would like best for her b'day gift....πŸ˜• Ajay however, is in a hotel with Mita n his driver picks Ajay's cell (which he has left back in the car)...Parvati decides to walk up to his room (where she was told that a meeting with Mita is in progress) ..to ask him abt the gift...however nobody opens the hotel room n so Parvati comes outside the hotel room only to spot Ajay n Mita getting intimate..πŸ˜• Parvati is shocked n the epi ends...πŸ˜•

hey chandrika! thanx a lot yaar for the great updateπŸ˜ƒ.I REMEMBER THIS EPISODE.IT WAS GREAT.πŸ‘

I've added the latest eps to the 1st page - thanks Chandrika for that brief update. If I get a chance tonight, I'll update the 30th July-2nd Aug eps as well, and we can discuss them in more depth!
Delighted to see the good old days back in Kahaani in the last weeks eps, and why wouldn't the AG's be jubilant coz after all Paro πŸ˜ƒ has returned. Must say that Babuji's guilt and remorse was well shown, I am glad that he accepted that he made a grave, mistake. Though Paro forgave him instantly I am glad how Babuji's punishment came within his own inner self, and how he was disturbed even after Paro had forgiven him, as he knew he was responsible for Paro's humiliation. His and Paro's seen was really touching and I can see why Paro can easily forgive and forget. Loved the way when Paro says she will return, and as they are walking Babuji stops, and say's 'You first entered in house with Om 😳 , and will do so even now, I will sent Om over'. I guess it was a sweet gesture from Babuji, to think of bringing Om to bring Paro back and no one else. And the joy in Paro's eyes was clearly evident. I am glad even the oldies showed the reluctance of Babuji going to Paro, and at least acknowledged the fact that Paro was humiliated. And then the Om/Paro 😳 standing united at the doorstep was really sweet, and Babuji staying back for Paro (after making her cry heaps again) was nice conclusion to whole saga.

Awe Shruti and Paro are soo cute and adorable, completely loved there scenes. There so much understanding, comfort, love and affection between the two, I know Saakshi isn't married off-screen so obviously doesn't have her own kids, but her chem and representation of a mother to both Shruti's is astounding πŸ‘ . I loved it how Shruti decorated the Paro/Om room, and how she was excited in surprising her mom. And how proud Paro was of her little Shruti, it was too cute. One think I loved about Paro whilst she was coming inside the house, was how she tried to keep everyone happy, from Avantika/Shilpa too Garuav/Kamal each of them wanted to do something different and how Paro cleverly accepted everyone's choice was a well executed scene. Despite her knowing that there is still some confliction and contradiction left in the house, she handled the scene really well.

One of my favourite scene was when Om wanted to spend time with Paro 😳 , but kept making excuses that he wants to sleep, and Paro is surrounded with Shruti, Vandy Maasi, Preeti and Maitelli. Om is such a gentlemen he never wanted to say anything indecorous so was finding ways to communicate with the girls so lovingly. I loved it how he was making sarcastic funny faces, when each of them was leaving, and how disappointed he became thinking that they have come back. Awe every Paro/Om 😳 scene is a treat to watch or re-watch and this one was no exception; Paro's and Om's love for each other was evident throughout the whole scene till the end.

Occasionally I just wish if Paro could show she isn't worried about anything just simply enjoying herself, I wish for a moment she could be a little carefree. But I guess she is more relaxed when is around Om or Shruti, and shows in the scenes (Esp the Holi ones) how much she enjoyed herself when she in the company of Om. Even in the Holi ep, throughout she was worried, this or that might happen. I think the Avantika/Paro was much needed scene, and how Paro apologised for mistrusting or having misconception about Ajay (though she was completely right), but it shows if Paro feels she is in the wrong, then how she would not hesitate or be indecisive even slightly to go and rectify that problem. I love the fact that despite Paro's love for Om/Shruti was altogether on another level, but she still treated everyone with equal love, affection and with respect, and how she wanted the betterment for everyone.

I guess Ajay's time is coming nearer to his end, but one think I don't understand did he really love Avantika or not, and if did then why was he cheating her??? Well Paro has just found out, so let's see the turn of events from here.
Will comment on your analysis fully when I watch the eps...nice analysis though!

But reg. Ajay and Avantika - I think he DID love her, initially, that was the reason he refused to marry Pallavi, of course. But even after marriage he loved her. I think he sort of fell into the affair with Meeta, who was a very persuasive and dogged woman, and I guess he couldn't find his way out in time...