Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Puraani Kahaani - Relive the magic - Page 7

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago

Brief Update of this week's episodes (my comments are in red):

30th July

Babuji apologises to Parvati and tells her that she will enter his house the way she did the first time - by Om's side. He rushes home to send Om to Parvati. Avantika and Shilpa start sniping about small things. Nani expresses her worries over Parvati to Om, who assures her that Parvati will be happy from now on. Babuji decides to leave home, because he is ashamed of the way he treated Parvati. Parvati comes home and forbids Babuji to leave. He apologises once again, and agrees to stay.
I loved this episode because of two reasons - Babuji's apology, and Parvati. Babuji, for all his faults, was very sincere and self-effacing in this episode - throughout the ep he kept cursing himself for making such a huge mistake. And the huge mistake was not just throwing her out of the house, but actually trusting someone other than his own favourite bahu. My favourite dialogue was when he said "My daughter is coming home" - and that sentiment was doubly satisfying when you saw the relationship between Om and Nani😳 It wasn't just Parvati who had made her in-laws her own family, but Om had become more than a son to Nani as well, and she loved him and trusted him above all, next only to Parvati. Paro of course, was so cute when Babuji told her that he was sending Om to pick her up - her smile lit up her entire face. She loved that family so much, and she was ready to go home with Babuji, but it was Om that brightened up her day and her life.

31st July

The family bring Parvati home officially, taking her aarti. Shilpa and Avantika try to one-up each other, and Paro notices this, but she subtly satisfies both their wishes. Paro surveys her new home. Parvati notices the tension between the brothers and sisters-in-law, and vows to remove the bitterness. Shruti redocrates Om and Parvati's bedroom, and they share a cute scene. Shruti tells Parvati that she missed her when she was not here. Preeti, Mitali, Vandy Maasi and Shruti are all spending time with Parvati, and Om is getting restless. He wants to spend time with Parvati alone, but they are not getting the messageπŸ˜†πŸ˜†Eventually, they all leave. Om and Parvati reminisce about old times, and look forward to the future together😳. The family prepare for the upcoming festival of Holi. Mallika, Pallavi and Rohan accuse each other of ruining the plan. Mallika and Pallavi have a bust-up.
This ep was soooooooo cuteπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Om really made the craziest faces, and that entire scene in the bedroom before everyone left was hilariousπŸ˜†. When everyone left but Shruti, you could see the frustration in Om and Paro's faces, but Shruti was having a ball of a timeπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Speaking of, I absolutely loved the scene between Shruti and Paro😳. The USP of Shruti and Paro's relationship, IMO, was that they were always more friends than just mom-daughter - they could talk to each other about anything, and they did😳
Loved Mallika and Pallavi's scene tooπŸ˜†πŸ˜†"Get out of my house!" "OK!" "Go!" "Sure!"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†good to see that they were both as strong as each other😳

1st August

Parvati prays for the family's wellbeing. Parvati watches Ajay and Avantika spending time together, and is happy. She apologises to Avantika for misunderstanding Ajay and Meeta's relationship. Shilpa and Avantika start fighting again. The family celebrates Holi.
I loved this episode for the simple reason that the family spent the entirety of it just having fun, celebrating Holi. Its a shame we don't get to see them celebrating such events with as much vigour and fun these days😭, because even though nothing major happened in that episode, it was still enjoyable to watch😳

2nd August

Babuji tells Parvati that she is the link that holds the family together. She is the string that holds the beads together😳. Ajay surprises Avantika on her birthday. Shilpa taunts Avantika, but Parvati rebukes her. Parvati tells Ajay to come home early, as it is Avantika's party in the evening. Ajay is frustrated at work, and argues with Gaurav. Parvati goes out to buy a present for Avantika. Parvati calls Ajay's mobile and finds out from the driver that he is at a hotel. When she arrives there, she finds him with Meeta.

Edited by psawyer - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ankit rocks thumbnail
Thanx a ton for the update vasu! πŸ˜ƒ .The best thing abt 31st july episode was defo the om-paro scene 😳 .It was so cuteeeeeeeeee.... 😳 .Om was so desperate to spend some time with his lovely wife paro and he was experimenting with all the possible tricks,so that he cud get vandy masi,preeti and metalli out ,but they just seemed to ignore him. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† .Shruti really was having a gud time in testing the patience of om-paro who were so desperate to spend some time together.Truly om-paro-shruti scenes were the usp of kggk and they still are 😳.Sakshi's chemistry with sweta prasad was so terrific and with om 😳 -do i need to say anything? πŸ˜‰ .Even though nothing much happened in the episode,but still after watching the episode,u get a feeling of happiness and satisfaction.No doubt they were the golden days of kahaani,where every episode has a purpose and amessage which beautifully carried to the next episode,unlike 2day's kggk where some episodes just don't seem to go with the track.Gosh! i miss those golden days of kggk. 😭

ANKIT
ankit rocks thumbnail
Finally paro has got ajay red-handed with meeta(our desi sherlock holmes-paro πŸ˜†).Ajay,he such a hypocrite.He is responsible for ruining the lives of two women-pallavi and avantika.First he refused to marry pallavi,who was so infuriated that she was hell-bent in taking revenge from the aggrwals and later by having an affair with meeta,which prompted my sweetie avantika to bump him off and go to jail for twenty years.I feel aggarwals were equally guitly in keeping avantika in dark abt ajay's affair.If she was told abt it earlier,probably things wud not have got out of control,the way it happened.The fact that hurts me even more that writers had completely wiped off ajay's family from the frame-ajay was killed by avantika,avantika was killed in the bomb blast and monalika,it has been ages since i saw her 😭 .

ANKIT
psawyer thumbnail
^ I know - the AGs should definitely have told Avantika very early on...I don't understand this "hide the truth to avoid hurting them" business - they know that eventually the truth will out and the person will be more hurt than ever!

I loved Monalika - wish she hadn't disappeared - I really wanted to see her get together with Saumil 😳 but that never happened. I wish they would bring her and Siddarth (her son) back, and maybe show that she DID marry Saumil after all 😳 πŸ˜†

One thing that I am really looking forward to (not that I am not enjoying the current Utsav eps 😳 ) is when Monalika comes back after the leap - I want to see the Shruti-Monalika-Aryan track, but also the Swati Dixit track, because Monalika was the only one of the AG family who knew the truth about Parvati.

On a separate note, don't you think its weird that everytime Paro has done something but hidden it from her family (Swati, the reasons for marrying Suyash etc), she has told someone in the family but never Shruti? Monalika knew about the Swati thing, Gunn knew about the Suyash thing (yeah, she found out but still), but Shruti was always kept in the dark! 😭 I know that's probably because Shruti is so headstrong and thinks with her heart not her head - she would angrily spill the beans in a second πŸ˜† - but it does make me sad...
Sasha4eva thumbnail
Hi Vasu,

Just come back after sometime to the forum been quite busy lately, the first thing I see is this sticky post dedicated to the old kahaani, and I was over the moon πŸ˜ƒ . Thank you so much for putting this up for us yaar, πŸ‘ its was a great idea as its a brilliant way of apperciating the good old days. I absolutely loved the old kahaani and still do.

Read through all the discussion already posted, must say its auesome, and I will soon post my take on it aswell, as soon as I catch up with the vidoes. Trust me my contribution will be in heaps, as the old kahaani has all my fav characters Om/Paro/Shruti 😳 , Pallavi/Mallika, Ajay/Avantika, Shilpa, Kamal, actually everyone was auesome back then.

On a side note, went through some present Kahaani updates, but Shruti is seemed to be missing for some long time, has she left????? When was her last scene???
psawyer thumbnail
^Hey Nisha, good to have you back πŸ€— It's no problem yaar, lots of people wanted this topic (actually, "lots" is an exaggeration πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ). I love this topic - am always looking for new discussions - can't wait to read yours 😳

Shruti has been missing for a while 😭 I think her last scene might have been in the ep that Sameer was paralysed. I really hope that Tina is just taking a break and will be back soon, but I haven't heard anything since she disappeared. One of her Pakistani dramas is soon to come back on air, so she might be shooting for that. But suffice to say, I miss her 😭 I've almost stopped watching current Kahaani, preferring older eps and Utsav. I only started rewatching because Pallo is back, and the eps got real good when she and Paro were put face-to-face 😳
ankit rocks thumbnail
How i wished that monalika would have returnred with soumil.They had a sizzling chemistry 😳.As for "hide the truth to avoid hurting them" is really silly,but that what forms the crux of innumerable misunderstandings in the family,and hence more catfights. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† .For shruti i realy feel sorry for that poor girl.She has always been kept in dark abt most of the plans that paro uses to get back to her enemies,but never i see shruti being a part of it,the only exception being the recent trishna track πŸ˜†,but that too she came to know that her mom is innocent only when praney told her πŸ˜† . Really shruti is one poor soul πŸ˜† ,first an unsuccessful marriage,the current one being on rocks and more importantly having a son like praney πŸ˜† .Some people have all the bad luck πŸ˜† .

ANKIT
psawyer thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ankit rocks

How i wished that monalika would have returnred with soumil.They had a sizzling chemistry 😳.As for "hide the truth to avoid hurting them" is really silly,but that what forms the crux of innumerable misunderstandings in the family,and hence more catfights. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† .For shruti i realy feel sorry for that poor girl.She has always been kept in dark abt most of the plans that paro uses to get back to her enemies,but never i see shruti being a part of it,the only exception being the recent trishna track πŸ˜†,but that too she came to know that her mom is innocent only when praney told her πŸ˜† . Really shruti is one poor soul πŸ˜† ,first an unsuccessful marriage,the current one being on rocks and more importantly having a son like praney πŸ˜† .Some people have all the bad luck πŸ˜† .

ANKIT

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I swear, yaarπŸ˜† You'd think that the daughter of the protagonist would have a rocking love story to go with her character. But one thing I have to say is that, of all three "daughters of leads", Shruti really had the strongest character and storylines. Sneha🀒 was just a wet-blanket, running from Bajaj to Anurag whenever she got hurt or had problems. She was useless as a standalone character -  her track with Sharad (throughout the rape track) was probably the worst track I've ever seen in KZK, and to top it off, she wasn't even strong enough for me to feel sympathetic for her, no matter how much I might like Jennifer. Shobha (Tulsi;s daughter) suffered far worse - whatever happened to her?πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I never saw any chem between her and Tulsi. In contrast, Shruti, from the word go, had the strongest relationship with Om and Paro. Even as a kid she wasn't just the "oh, she's so cute!" type kid - but she was intelligent and fiesty and had a mind of her own. And as she grew up, it only got better. Its a shame she didn't have one of those epic-type romances like Prem and Mukti or Anurag and Prerna, but I guess that any relationship with a man was just not good enough to stand next to her relationship with Om and Paro. In Shruti'[s case, men come and goπŸ˜†πŸ˜† but her relationship with her parents, Kamal chachu and Krishna was the focal point of her story.

Even now, when there are all these new characters, just the mere presence of Shruti makes a scene worthwhile😳 - Tina and Saakshi have this wonderful chemistry and I don't know where they both get it fromπŸ˜†. Saakshi doesn't have any children, yet her mamta towards Shweta Prasad's Shruti and Tina's Shruti is so believable, as if they really are mother-daughter. And Tina, well, she is around the same age as Saakshi in real life, but  not for one minute does their relationship seem contrived or awkward. Whether they were each other's biggest support or at loggerheads, they never fail to impressπŸ‘πŸ‘ 

Sasha4eva thumbnail
Thanks Vasu, missed the forum alot too.

I really do hope too that Tina is taking a break, so I guess in the UK we wont see much of her now..... Miss her too, her and Paro are the life of the show for me.

On the present Kahaani I dont think I missed out much-not going by the updates,. Yeah I was really shocked at the sudden Pallavi re-appearance that too with that buddha πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Just hoping she aint married to him πŸ˜† . And Chotu he is really adorable, really liked him on his very first ep, (though I was hoping it would be someone like MB or Iqbal Khan) I think its his eyes 😳 which make him the more charming. Actually reminded me of Sasha πŸ˜† when I first saw his glimpse, he looked more like Sasha's son than gayatri's πŸ˜† πŸ˜† . Just glad that Pallavi is back though, one of my all time fav, plus her and Paro's confrontations are worth watching.

On a side note was quite suprised that all the Mehra's have packed there bags and come along permanently at the AG mansion, that was revelation πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
psawyer thumbnail
^ πŸ˜† I know, AG House turned into a dharamshala recently πŸ˜† I get that the house is now "Rajo's", but she doesn have a perfectly good house just gathering dust - besides, she hasn't exactly done anything to throw Paro out of the house. But considering that Suyash and Paro have told her that they are married ( a lie), its a wonder they haven't thrown HER out yet, either πŸ˜•

I really liked Chotu as well 😳 what got me was when he said "Hi, I'm Ishaan Nanda" - he was such a cutie 😳 I think he could scrub up quite nicely 😳 but for some reason, I don't think he is the real Chotu - there is something v. fishy about this whole thing...

The main problem I have with the current track is that tehy are trying to do too much in one go: the baby-swap is aadha-adhoora, and Shruti's missing, then we have Mets-Pranay-Malli-Adi stuff going on, then Chotu-Paro-Pallo and Rajo is just hanging about making inane comments πŸ˜† πŸ˜† too much to take in - everything is so confusing...I hope Kahaani sorts itself out soon, because at this rate, its turning into some weird jumble of things. There's just no coherence...