Movies:
Chotte Miyan BM= Bad Boys
Partner = Hitch
and many others

Food:
McDonalds

Shopping places:
Sears and stuff

But things like Pink City, Taj Mahal, and things keep India India, and not America

so

Is India more like India, or America?
Will it turn into America?
Posted: 16 years ago
haan, india india naheen hai, america hai. america america nahen hai, india hai. let's hope at least on the economic sphere. πŸ˜†

actually brilliant observation!!! india excels in two of the three fields that the US excels in- tech, entertainment. got to complete the triad with defense. of course, some of the culture is going the same way, and that can be another debate 😊

india is getting mordernised and movies ..they are just being copied into hindi films...bollywood has lost its origionality tehy copy from hollywood, marathi movies or south movies...
but to teh topic..india is developing nt turning into america..dnt want to c a george bush in india..do we... and let alone having wars on each every other country ...

Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

Do you think India is more like America? India = New America

In many fields...

Movies:
Chotte Miyan BM= Bad Boys
Partner = Hitch
and many others

Food:
McDonalds

Shopping places:
Sears and stuff

But things like Pink City, Taj Mahal, and things keep India India, and not America

so

Is India more like India, or America?
Will it turn into America?

There are many different ways of describing this actually, if your talking in education then no, because Indian schools truly put a lot of pressure on kids nowadays and unlike America they talk about pratical stuff about future not past. If you saying about people's nature then it definately is turning like american's nature, I am not saying in a bad or good way, but in some ways, Yes it is. Girls and Guys in school or colleges always are bragging about stuff excatly like they are americans being in india and living in usa currently has told me many times that many of young people in india and tring to be americans. Many guys and girls come here for study and then they jsut decide to stay here. Why? because they find india dirty, while they don't look at the good things in india. This includes my sister, that came here 10 years ago, and has promised to never return to india because she says "It's typical India" and that's why Indian film industry and eveything is all sort of twisting into American ways. I don't mean to say all of them, but some instead of respecting their country and spitting on it which is how india is in someways is turning into America.😳For movies, I could give you a whole list of movies that were copied, I made a discussion about this a long time ago.πŸ˜†

Edited by yummys - 16 years ago
In some very significant fields u can say India is america but if u c other countries they are like america too in that matter..
for eg ...like the fields llisted

movies
our movies are more like hollywood ones...copying is one thing but we have more of adult scenes like those shown in hollywood movies...so where our media tries to ape america and is so succesful we have our neighbours also doing the same....their dramas their movies have less of their culture and more of west masala..so u can say they are also America,,,

food
as for food u have Mcdonalds KFC Pizza hut Baskin and so many more all over the world ....and not only in India people evrywhere are crazy for such eatouts so all those countries are America too....

Shopping Places

even Malls and branded stores are large in numbers in India pakistan and other countries... JC Penny Giordano ..many like that...

People
nowadays people everywhere want to speak in american accent no matter how poor their vocabulary or english itself is πŸ˜‰ They want to dress in short clother ,,look cool as them,,,,its nothing wrong....

So u c .. point here is that these fields are not the deciding factor. As u can have all this in any country and India is no exceptional....If by taking this in mind...v conclude "India is America" then instead of asking how many countries are there in the world we would have to ask how many Americas are there in the world πŸ˜›

Therefore I wouldnt say India is America or any way near it...

i am not condemning India.....but Politically ....America as a country with its sytematic functioning is far to reach...

India is best in its way and does not have to bcome like America... as the old saying in hindi goes

"kawa chala hans ki chaal ...khudh ki chaal bhi bhool gaya"   πŸ˜‰
every cOuntry have its Own respect... India's taj, make it a seperate beauti in the wOrld... just like Paki's Quaid tOmb, lal qila, badshahi masjid, Meenar-e-Pakistan,Faisal mOsque and many Other places are prOud Of Paki peOples...
yea, sometimes i have the same feeling too ... india is turning into lil' america ... but some powerful countries arent changing since they kno better lol (not to cause an issue) like china ... but yea, india is awesome the way it is, it shouldnt change ...
i dont think india, or any country for that matter, is becoming america. Every country has its own things that distinguish it from other countries. India, as well as other asian countries, is westernizing but it isnt losing it's culture, history or heritage. Bollywood "inspiration" from hollywood, creating of american fast food places and chain stores doesnt mean that india is any less indian that it was in the past.
The things you mentioned in the post is just simply called Westernizing. Just because they're changing thier way of life doesn't mean that its loosing its culture and becoming like another country. There are still many people who value the cultures of India, or any other Asian countries for that matter.

The film industry is another matter, in my opinion, they have simply lost all the ideas.
India = America
Bharat != America