Debate Mansion

India is not India...it's America... - Page 2

UDman thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Maybe socially, India may be becoming like America, but politically, they are two seperate places.

Let me start off by talking about the judicial branch. Here, in America, Democracy is displayed throughout all the courts, from district to Supreme; the courts have juries, which brings all kinds of people together to hear a case and decide the conclusion. It is both fairer to the person who the charges are on, and it is also effective, for in most cases a high percentage of the people have to agree on the same conclusion. India, on the other hand, got rid of this system of juries, and lets the Judge decide what he thinks is right. Of course, the judge could be biased; it is an unfair court system. Not only is it unfair to the suspect, but it is also difficult to understand whether the suspect is actually innocent or guilty. There are no discussions... the judge just gets to decide, and it may not exactly bring justice in most cases.

This is just one reason that I think India is not America, and the other big one is that most Indians believe in a caste system, somewhat like a hiarchy, and people are given respect based on their status. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen in America, but I am saying that it happens much less than in India...

These are my views... please do not take any offense 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters