Sangeeta Ghosh is Aroona Irani's 'Naagin'

parm11 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Sangeeta Ghosh is Aroona Irani's 'Naagin' on Zee TV.
Filed under: TV    
Posted: Jul 3rd 2007 by Kimaya De
Sangeeta Ghosh

If Nagin and Nagina movies of the 80 have intrigued you then, here is something more exciting for you as Aroona Irani is all set to produce a daily show for Zee that would be based on the classic snake movie theme.

Sangeeta has been Aroona Irani's all time darling so it came as no surprise when she was roped in or rather charmed into doing the role. Just as Sridevi in the classic, Sangeeta will be seen playing 'ichadhari naag', a snake that can take any human form.

Revenge will be on Sangeeta's mind as her 'naag' gets killed and to seek vengeance she gets married into the family that killed her 'lover snake' AKA 'naag' but, the twist in the snake tale is that she falls in love with her husband.

Amrish Puri had played the role of the snake charmer in the classic and Pawan Shankar will enact a similar character in this soap.

Sangeeta is nowadays busy rehearsing to get her snake moves right, so get ready to see her sizzle like Sri baby this July on Zee.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hello98 thumbnail
Thanks for sharing...Sangeeta can continue to be Aruna's darling off screen but on screen we need a fresh face...Sangeeta looks old now...she has lost the sweetness Muskan had...sorry Sangeeta fans..but this is my opinion.
hello98 thumbnail
By the way whats new for Chavvi now...does anyone know?...think that she was looking to play the role of a NUN...did she find it?
ashbipasha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Looking forward to see a new serial of Aruna Irani and Sangeeta.
somia thumbnail

Originally posted by: hello98

Thanks for sharing...Sangeeta can continue to be Aruna's darling off screen but on screen we need a fresh face...Sangeeta looks old now...she has lost the sweetness Muskan had...sorry Sangeeta fans..but this is my opinion.

I completely agree... those days of Muskaan and Akshat were superb... I wish I could see the repeat of 'mehndi tere naam ki' but now Aroona Irani should have some fresh and young faces...

and even this concept of naagin is too old... I don't think its gonna work for tv audience

hello98 thumbnail
Originally posted by: somia

I completely agree... those days of Muskaan and Akshat were superb... I wish I could see the repeat of 'mehndi tere naam ki' but now Aroona Irani should have some fresh and young faces...

and even this concept of naagin is too old... I don't think its gonna work for tv audience

I agree Somia..TV needs new concepts as much as new faces.Btw...I think they have repeated MTNK once..not sure if they will do it again..certainly not over the next couple of years...but that was a good soap..no question about it.

knumnum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sangeetha always tries her hand at different things... Gud, she keeps audience interested to see wat she does next...

Thanks for the article dear.. Looking forward to see this soap...

Krishi