PLEASE CLOSE! (New part open...)

Posted: 16 years ago

Hello all SRK'ians and welcome to part seventeen of:

😃 THE KINGDOM OF KOMPLETE KHAN-NESS! 😃

The place to express your love, support and respect for King Khan! 😳

All fans are welcome! 😉

TO JOIN:  Simply introduce yourself and tell us what you 'most' adore about Shahrukh!

MEMBERS LIST:

srk_preity_kajo (Zaara)

doly_455 (Doly)

amna_malik (Amna)

lilyrose (Ambreen)

teen_indiausa (Pari)

sweet_kp (Khair)

Reema_J (Reema)

Niya

Mink's Pink

diyafan

Tansha

ayeshag

tangina r (Tang)

~rahul ki rani~ (Dayeeta)

vinit_fan

ani11 (Anita)

blue rose (Ayesha)

indiandoll89 (Meera)

coolgirl249

white rose (Uzi)

sus143 (Suzi)

nandipandi15

jenny1000

~Roses_95~

Affi

kyph03

maro.afg

fariha17

laney

Muqualp

jassie_17

coolsonu

sidsk

prajakta567

mehroo123

Gujji_babe

tiya1

bubblezz (Shelly)

Fashion_2005 (Sabeena)

Melvee

*kuch na kaho*

bollyfan

pakiza_srk

love srk

ruqia

fizzwizz

bollycrazy

*simran*

luvneet

bewafa (Ena)

4evaemmi2

Ms.Chandni

xmuqix

adorablegurl

the_charm (Ghungroo)

I luv Shamit (Anna)

remizrulz (Priyaa)

*jaanu* (Nilam)

srk_biggest_fan

paki_gal420

GIU*SRK*

I_luv_srk (Sia)

Cutiepie Rani

violence_peace

divyalrl

Candylover

**Sundas_Sui**

Sprincess

nyle

farislove

~Aaina~

ANY NEW MEMBERS NOT ON THE LIST?!

Please PM me and let me know to add you!

CURRENT EVENTS:

DOTW (Discussion of the Week) - We will have weekly discussions on different topics and/or issues regarding Shah Rukh Khan.  There will not be any prizes/awards based on this segment; it is now just a participation discussion! 😊  

This week's discussion question:  

As we all know, the music of Chak de India is set to release on the first of August... what are your expectations for the music of this extremely awaited SRK film?! Have you already heard some songs from the soundtrack?! If so, what are your opinions on it so far?! How would you rate the soundtrack on a scale of 10 (with 10 being the best, of course)?! If you haven't yet heard the music of Chak de India, how would you rate your anxiousness to hear it?! 😉

COTW (Contest of the Week) - Details will be posted in the next post! 😉

Games - Chak de OR Chak de Phatte?! 😉

In this game, members will post anything about SRK or anything remotely related to him... the next member will either say Chak de (as in get rid of it, it was okay, etc.) OR they'll say Chak de Phatte (as in fabulous, outstanding, etc.)! Get it?! 😛

Here's an example:

Member 1: SRK in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?!

Member 2: Chak de Phatte!!

Member 2: SRK's smoking habit?!

Member 3: Chak de!!

And then Member 3 will post the next and so on... 😃

(Continue game from last part...)

MOM (Member of the Month) We have been selecting MOM's for our club based on participation and activeness in the club! 

Current MOM (August): Will update shortly!

PARTYStarts August 1st... to celebrate the release and hopefully success of Chak de India's music and for our newest MOM ! 😉😳

*NOTE: If you are posting articles, photographs, etc., please make sure that another member has not already posted the same material! Sometimes there are repeats!  It's only natural to not realize or notice, but if and when you do... please kindly edit your post! 😊

Edited by Reema_J - 16 years ago

😉 SONG CONTEST! 😉

I will be giving you verses of songs from SRK's movies (this means, the song was not necessarily picturized on SRK, but SRK was in some way a part of the movie... whether it be a special appearance or a full-on lead role)!

What you'll need to do:

*Guess which movie the clue is from AND exactly which song it is from that movie!

*You will PM me your answers (the movie title AND at least one to two lines from the beginning of the song) for all 10 clues!
-Please make sure you title the PM as SRK Contest or something along those lines so I know what it is for!

*BONUS: If the song listed is not picturized on SRK, provide me the name(s) of the actor/actress that the song was pictrized on!

*This contest will be point-based:

-For every correct movie title you will get 5 points!
-For every correct line(s) from the song, you will get 5 points!
-For every correct bonus response, you will get 5 points!

**There will be a total of 3 bonus questions!**

Therefore, your maximum score can be 115 points!

And... of course, the members with the highest scores win!

THE CLUES:

Clue 1:

Main to anjaan thi, yun bhi hoga kabhi
Pyaar barse gaa yun toot ke
Sach yeh ikraar hai, sach yehi pyaar hai
Baaki bandhan hain sab jhoot ke...

Clue 2:

Nahin yaad kabse, magar main hoon jabse
Mere dil mein teri, mohabbat hai tabse
Main shayar hoon tera, tu meri ghazal hai
Badi bekaraari, mujhe aaj kal hai...

Clue 3:

Umr bhar so na sakenge, kisi ke ho na sakenge
Ajnabee tum ho jao, ghair hum ho na sakenge
Kisi begaane ki khaatir, tumne apno ko bhulaa diya...

Clue 4:

Main, doobi hoon tere deewanepan mein
Na hai karaar ek lamha yaar
Shola sa hai dhadkan mein
Kyun, dard sa hai mere mann mein
Tu hai sukoon, tu hai junoon
Rehna hai tere daman mein...

Clue 5:

Dard ka tere ehsaas raha hai
Tera ehsaas mere paas raha hai
Ek tujhe bas meri lagan thi
Baat yeh der se, samajh mein hai aayi

Clue 6:

Jo tum ho aa gaye, to sapne chaa gaye
Jo tmum ho meherbaan, to rut hai jawaan
Jo hum hain mil gaye, to gul hain khil gaye
Jo hum tum hain yahaan, to mehaka samaa...

Clue 7:

Dil se lagaa kar ke rakha hai ab tak
Resham ka tera rumaal
Aage kahoon kya jaaneman
Aa dekh jaa mera haal
Aa bhi jaa, ab jaane jaan...

Clue 8:

Ched doon main kabhi pyaar se to tang hoti hai
Chod doon rooth ke to bhi to jung hoti hai
Ched doon main kabhi pyaar se to tang hoti hai
Khaama khaa choom loon to bhi to jung hoti hai
Zindagi, aankhon ki aayat hai
Zindagi aankhon mein rakhi hai...

Clue 9:

Lo jeet gaye tum humse, hum haar gaye is dil se
Aaya hai aaj labon pe, yeh pyaar badi mushkil se
Is pyaar mein humko pagal na kar chod na...

Clue 10:

Teri baaton mein yeh, ek shararat si hai
Mere honton pe yeh, ek shikayat si hai
Teri aankhon ko aankhon se, chum ne hum lage
Tujhko baahon mein le lekar jhum ne hum lage...

DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ANSWERS:

August 10, 2007!

Edited by Reema_J - 16 years ago
Congratulations on part 17 everyone!

Are ya'll enjoying the music of CDI?! 😛 I haven't listened to all the songs yet but will... have 'em all already! 😳

Thanks for opening Part 17 Reema!!! 😃 😳

I bought the cd yesterday, even though i already downloaded the songs 😉 😆 😆

My fav three tracks are the title track, bab bad girls, and sattar minute so far! 😳

Luv ya,

Meera 😳
You're welcome Meera! Good to see you after so long... how have you been?!

Oh... do you know where the Chak de/Chak de Phatte game stopped?! Hehe! 😳
^^^ I know it's been soooo long!! 😳 I wasn't that active between I think...Part 9-Part 13....lol..

I don't know where it ended....you could just re-start it, I think! 😳
omG u guys r so fast 😆

Congrats on Part 17 👏
Even if you put Shah Rukh in a bucket of ice for ten hours, he won't storm off! - Shimit Amin

05 Aug, 2007 05:19 pm ISTlRENUKA VYAVAHARE/INDIATIMES MOVIES

What made you direct Chak De post Ab Tak Chappan ?

Chak De had a very interesting script. The story had potential and the characters were extremely fascinating.

After Nana Patekar, now Shah Rukh... how different are these actors?

Both are intense and hold the close up shots very well. They both have the ability to get into the skin of the character they portray.

How different was it working with RGV from Yash Raj Films?

Their content may be different but both are passionate about making films.

Was Shah Rukh your first choice to play Kabir Khan?

SRK has done so many versatile roles before which he has carried off very well but somehow his commercial roles were more successful. In fact he started off with theatre! He can pull off any role with lan and the moment I read Jaideep's script, I knew Shah Rukh had to be the one.

So Shah Rukh became Kabir Khan...

Absolutely... he understood the character and the script so well. Besides Shah Rukh has played Football and thus if you know one sport, it is transferable to others as well. Also since SRK is athletic and competitive on and off the screen, he just easily melted in his character.

Apparently, there is lot of buzz about his weight loss for the role...

He plays a coach and he cannot be out of shape for sure. He has always had an athletic built.

Why make a film on Hockey?

Hockey's our national sport! It's our desi dal-chawal of sorts . Also it has not been explored much. Why not acknowledge it for a change? We keep forgetting about it. Making a film on it was like making a film on soldiers, the unsung heroes of the country. It was like going back to our roots.

How did the concept originate?

Jaideep Sahni, the script writer once saw a small news item in a national newspaper about a woman's hockey team winning some important tournament. The miniscule space allocated to that important piece of information showed the level of importance that was given to the sport as compared to Cricket, where two full spreads were dedicated to it. That's when we thought a film can be made on it.

A women's hockey team! ... Must have been difficult for you to handle so many women on the sets!

Haha (laughs)... that is a very sexist remark on your behalf. In fact they were this bunch of actors who were energetic, enthusiastic, active, focussed and full of passion... all charged up to give their best.

Did Shah Rukh storm off the sets in anger when you asked him to do few retakes?

It was a pleasure working with Shah Rukh. He is by far the most professional actor I've worked with. Anybody who knows him will know that he can never do such a thing. Even if you put him in a bucket of ice for ten hours, he won't storm off! He'll never even refuse a kid an autograph! He gives his 100% to a director.

The film is receiving a lot of negative publicity on those lines...

Journalists had nothing to write about the film, since we didn't provide them with any material about it and considering your (read media's) curiosity to know more about a 'Shah Rukh Khan film'... I can totally understand how these baseless rumours started.

Why is Chak De not being promoted the way other Yash Raj films are?

Chak De is a complicated film. There is no romance, love involved, nor people dancing around trees which we could have promoted in the form of a song or so.

Apparently few ladies of your hockey team are real life hockey players?

Some of them are real hockey players and the others who are not had to go through a rigorous three months training to learn and master the sport... right from how to hold the hockey stick! In fact the most difficult part of the film was its casting. When I travelled in Mumbai to find women... I couldn't find athletic women, forget about the ones who knew how to play hockey! All I could see everywhere was boys playing Cricket!

How was the whole experience of directing Chak De ?

It was an emotional and unique experience for me. In Delhi, the whole 'Hockey' fraternity appreciated our effort. Also Chak De goes beyond a movie for me. It portrays India that's highly neglected.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2257196.cms
Action replay

Shirish Kunder is back to the drawing board; reworking his script for his SRK-starrer Joker. The King Khan wanted it redone

Posted On Monday, August 06, 2007
Kunal M Shah

Shirish Kunder will now have to wait longer for his ambitious project Joker to go on the floors as Shah Rukh Khan has asked Kunder to rework the script. The film will be a stylised action flick with plenty of special effects and is said to be a futuristic film. Initially, Shah Rukh was kicked about it but he wasn't too thrilled with the script.

Our source says, "Shah Rukh loved the initial idea and approved the script as he has complete faith in Shirish as a director, irrespective of the fact that Jaaneman didn't do well at the box-office. SRK also has huge plans for the post production of the film which he intends to do at his own Red Chilies SFX studio. However, SRK is not very happy with the final draft of the film and has now asked Shirish Kunder to accordingly make changes in the script. SRK would have scrapped the film if it was anyone else but since we all know how fond he is of Farah and Shirish, he has asked him to make the necessary changes. Shirish has, meanwhile, gone back and is reworking on the script."

When contacted Shirish Kunder says, "I had written the first draft of Joker but the title belonged to Ratan Jain of Venus Films. The title Joker is very important to the script and I couldn't have possibly gone ahead with the film without this title. Ratan Jain has been kind enough to help me with it and has just given me the rights of the title. So, it's only now that I have resumed work on the final draft of

the script of Joker. Casting hasn't even begun. The only thing that's been finalised is that this will be the first film to be produced under my production house Shirish Kunder Film Company. Joker is a sci-fi action film with loads of action and visual effects. It is a very expensive and ambitious venture. I will be co-producing this film with a major corporate house."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&se ctid=30&contentid=200708060245595156e542721
SRK In Conversation With Anupama Chopra! - Part 2

http://www.indiafm.com/broadband/video/Interviews/o4qfOG2/3/ SRK-In-Conversation-With-Anupama-Chopra-Part-2.html