Kkusum

Ekta-Anuj’s secret dinner

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Ekta-Anuj's secret dinner

Ekta Kapoor spotted over dinner with old friend from opposite camp, Anuj Saxena

ROSHNI K OLIVERA Times News Network

Guess who were spotted having dinner at a suburban eatery Sunday night? Ekta Kapoor and Anuj Saxena! Now that's one big meeting considering the latest war brewing in tellyland over the past few weeks. Battlelines were drawn between Ekta on one side and Anuj, Vikaas Kalantri and Pooja Ghai, who are jointly hosting the Gold Awards in Mauritius next month, on the other.
    Ekta apparently had asked her actors to keep away from any television awards function because she is planning to have one herself at the end of the year and would like it to be exclusive. This naturally was a blow to the Gold Awards because many TV actors are part of 'K' serials.
    So was the meeting on Sunday night to sort out matters and call a truce? Sources, who saw the two at the restaurant, say initially Ekta and Anuj were in a discussion but towards the end they were seen laughing and chatting.
    Incidentally, the two were good friends at one point. Anuj got into TV a few years ago with Ekta's KKusum, that made him a household name. However, the two fell out after Anuj quit Kkusum and there's been no contact ever since. When asked about their meeting Ekta said, "Yes, we did meet for dinner."
    Anuj, when contacted, told BT, "Ekta and I met for dinner and it was nice to see her after a long time." When asked if the meeting was because of his upcoming awards function, he said, "No. It was just renewing an old friendship."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gazza thumbnail
i hope they become good friends again
sweetbaby thumbnail
thanks for the article.and i hope they become good friend again too.