54th filmfare awards south

Posted: 16 years ago

Ajith wins the best actor award in the Tamil category, for Valaru. From the look of things, he is likely to win next year too, for Kireedom😊But I thought this year Kamal wud get the Best Actor, for Vettaiyadu Vilayadu

Bhavana wins best actress award(?????) for Chithiram Pesuthedi.πŸ˜• Thats shocking news. Was she too good in that? I didn't hear any thing abt Bhanana's performance being too good in the movie from anybody at all, not even on the net. I think Tamil audience are quite fond of her, and thats why they all voted her to the top. Its jst amazing, how Malayalam actresses does the opposite of wht they do in Mal , in Tamil movies, Meera Jasmine for eg, she does super acting in Mal, but does not impress in Tamil. Bhavan never got an award for her roles in Mal movies, and the fact that she has received the best actress award is quite surprising!Can anyone tell me if she lends her own voice for her movies? When she does that in Mal, its quite annoying, bcoz she has not been able to get rid of her Thrissur (where she is from) accent even after 4 yrs in the industry. However serious her dialogues and the scenes are, her bubbly talkative self reflects in her manner of dialogue delivery that directors prefer to make others dub for her.

Veyyil is the best movie and its dir ets the best dir awardπŸ‘

Pasupathy gets the best suppporting actor award for E.πŸ‘

Saranya gets best supporting actress award.πŸ‘

Prakash Raj the best villain for Sivakasi(isn't the industry blessed to have an actor like him? We NEVER get tired of watching him, do we?πŸ˜›)πŸ‘

Vadivelu the best comedian(not a surprise, its always beetween Him and vivek, isn't it?)

AR Rahman gets the best music dir award. No competiton and no surprise. Sillunu Oru Kadhal had the best music and songs of th year, esp Munbe Vaa and New York Ngaram(what a cool song!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘). If there's atleast 1 movie in yr for which AR has given music, the other mus dirs don't stand a chance at all, do they?πŸ˜†

What say abt the choices?

Edited by ditty - 16 years ago
hey that is brillian t ditty thank you πŸ‘ πŸ‘

i think ajith deserved to win it for Varalaru because he did some of the most mind-blowing acting in that film. his body language as the dancer was perfect. well-deserved ajith! i am not really fond of him but i really think the crowds made a right choice in voting for him. if not we'd have seen vijay winning it for some crap movie of his like sivakasi or pokiri where he does everything but act.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

kamal was good in VV but ajith was better so the award was fair.πŸ˜ƒ

ohhh.. bhavana won it for chitiram pesudadi? she is a good actress but i think her role in chitiram pesudadi wasn't best-actress worthy. i preferred her performance in koodal nagar and would have been happier if she won an award for that film.😊

bhavana doesn't dub in her own voice ditty. savitha who dubs for jothika and sometimes trisha lends her voice to bhavana as well for tamil films.

oh really? i guess bhavana's weak point is her bubbly manner of talking leaking into the scenes as well. maybe that is why directors in tamil also make others dub for her. we don't need another asin here. asin like bhavana can't do any serious scenes because even in them, her talkative nature seeps through them.πŸ˜•

best actress of 2006 should have gone to jothika for sillinu oru kadhal cos her role kunthavi was just too good. i loved the way she potrayed the role of an understanding wife. so what if she didn't dub in her own voice? i felt all her emotions clearly.πŸ‘πŸ‘ and next year people better vote for jothika. her performance in 'mozhi' is so far unmatched by any other performance of an actress this year. and i'm not a fan of jothika so i'm speaking neutrally in this matter.😊

next year, i want harrish jeyaraj to win for Unnale Unnale. his tunes in the film were fantastic!πŸ˜› but ARR deserved it for munbe vaa and new york nagaram.

prakash raj is like a diamond among the pebbles. tamil industry needs people like him to boost the standard of our films. prakash was the only one who saved 'sivakasi' another one of vijay's and asin's crap fests.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Thx Ditty for sharing the information. I agree what Leena have said exactly fully.
Thanks Ditty. I am not sure about Ajit - Any of his
films, I have always felt that he could do better. There
is an unspoken sadness in his eyes which rules him out to
perform roles requiring macho stuff - he is good only
in soft, compassionate roles. When he tries to talk
"veera vachanam" , i end up laughing!!!

Prakash Raj - well, well, he is a great performer - his
screen presence is amazing - how ever short it is!!
If I had powers, i would give him the best actor award
for his role in vettaiyadu vilaiyadu - the agony of loosing his
daughter was so obvious in his face and he gave Kamal a
run for his money!!! Edited by rojapoooo - 16 years ago
Thanks for the info Ditty.

Agreed Roja, Ajith could do better and he proved it in Valuvar. For that role, he deserve the award but hopefully not for others. One of the things I dislike about Ajit is his sad eyes, staid acting, over done dialogues.

I agree with you as well Leena esp Bhavana concerned. Jothika deserves the award for SOK and she should get it for Mozhi.

Prakash Raj - his acting is amazing and wonderful. Any role he takes up he does it well. Every body compares Kamal to Sivaji. I feel it is crap to bestow Kamal such a prestige. I feel Prakash is Sivaji, MGR, MR Radha - all roled in one. Prakash is really amazing.
Oh so many of u also think the best actress award shud have gone 2 Jo for SOK, like me?I didn't dare mention it because I thought you would all say I'm biased.πŸ˜† She was way too good in the movie, especially in the confronting scenes after she finds out abt Bhoomika.To tell the truth , I voted for Jo for this award through Filmfair's online poll. Next year if she doesn't win for Mozhi and if it goes to Trisha for Kireedom,or Shriya for Sivaji, I'll have something  to say to FilmfareEdited by ditty - 16 years ago

Thanks Ditty for the info...!!

Yeah its Jo all the way!
I like supporting stars. They come and throw a precious gem and disappear. Pasupathy is a great actor and deserves the award.

Originally posted by ditty

Oh so many of u also think the best actress award shud have gone 2 Jo for SOK, like me?I didn't dare mention it because I thought you would all say I'm biased.πŸ˜† She was way too good in the movie, especially in the confronting scenes after she finds out abt Bhoomika.To tell the truth , I voted for Jo for this award through Filmfair's online poll. Next year if she doesn't win for Mozhi and if it goes to Trisha for Kireedom,or Shriya for Sivaji, I'll have something  to say to Filmfare

i will join you on that one ditty!! and that is a promise!!

Originally posted by jasunap

i will join you on that one ditty!! and that is a promise!!

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†hope there won't be any need for that