Fashion and Beauty

What 'Fashion' means to u?

komalash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello ev1,

I m Komal..I m new to this forum...well I wanted to disscuss sumthing wid u all..n for that I'd like to ask u ppl sumthing...which is,

WHAT FASHION MEANS TO U???

I jst want to know wht does the word 'Fashion' means to u???

*Is fashion nothing but cutting fabrics?

*Or is it the appearance of a person..?

*Is Fad and Fashion one and the same?

I found a funny quote by Oscar Wilde,

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months...πŸ˜†

"Fashion is both public β€” the impression we make on others β€” and private β€” the way we explore our own personality and tastes," says Evelyn Brannon, author of the book Fashion Forecasting. Since the desire to fit in and stand out at the same time can never be fulfilled..!''

So...tell me whts ur opinion on this???πŸ˜‰

Cheers,

Komal

p.s-Mods plz make this topic a sticky...Thnx😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

komalash thumbnail
πŸ˜• Nobody interested to share his/her views πŸ˜•
sareeta thumbnail
Hi Komal,

Lovely topic and thanks for sharing the quotes by Oscar Wilde... got my giggling and then pondering over it for a while...

Am in a bit of hurry but would chip in my thoughts!

Thanks,
Sareeta
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Awesome topic Komal πŸ˜ƒ

Fashion means alot of things to me. It means your dressing style, jewellery, shoes and other accessories.

I will edit this and add my other views πŸ˜ƒ
DesiChocolate thumbnail
Fashion to me, is not only expressing a sense of style of a person. But the self esteem one has. You can tell alot by the clothes one wears. Now dont get me wrong ..I 100% agree with " Dont judge a book by its cover" But, how you present your self , shows how you feel inside. πŸ˜›
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great question.. πŸ˜ƒ

Well, fashion can mean lots of things, clothes, jewlery, shows, the way you dress, whats "in" that month, umm shoes, basically the way you look! πŸ˜› Basically your own way of dressing. πŸ˜ƒ
komalash thumbnail
To me Fashion is sumthing which reflects the creativity of ones mind...Anything wich is cool,comfortable n has got class..n yh anything related to human can be fashion...coz Fashion applies on evthing like clothing,interiors,cell fones,cars or anything else...Itz basically how nicely v represent things...πŸ˜‰ Edited by komalash - 16 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
*Is fashion nothing but cutting fabrics? it has a lot to do with cutting fabrics πŸ˜† But I wouldn't say nothing because we all wear clothes and we need it

*Or is it the appearance of a person..? I wouldn't say it's the appearance of a person. Because I can have the best clothes on but if I don't feel confident in it, that'll look not good.

*Is Fad and Fashion one and the same? Fad and fashion it's not the same. Fad, people think it's cool. Fashion, it's your own style πŸ˜‰