grandparents Mr & Mrs. Sivakumar. πŸ‘

Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by Sue Nair

Thanks Ditty... I was so thrilled/amused
with your excitement rather than the news
of baby Diya's arrival.. πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†Jasunap too thoguht so......I guess I do seem silly, whooping like this

Diya is a nice name. Very sweet and simple.

Diya is a lovely name. My only regret is that there should have been a lapse of time before the baby 's picture was posted on the net! Newborn babies are such treasures which should not be exposed for all to gawk at!
Diya is a sweet name.

I have a niece and her name is Dhiya as well. From what I heard this is a tamil/hindu name.

Malaysian parents are very into naming their children according to astrology as well as numerology. The children's own name is longer than their surname. Poor kids, in few years time their names are too mouthful to pronounce. πŸ˜ƒ   With vowels added in middle. God, my nephews and nieces - their names!!! Not only long and unique, but sometimes hard to pronounce.   

HO, gone are the days where it is taboo to take baby's pic before 30 days. Edited by Caryn - 16 years ago

Originally posted by Hosanna

Diya is a lovely name. My only regret is that there should have been a lapse of time before the baby 's picture was posted on the net! Newborn babies are such treasures which should not be exposed for all to gawk at!

I too thought so Hos esp. when its still the confinement period. Everybody was saying that Sivakumar is an old fashioned man - why didn't he think of this? Just coz they are in the limelight shouldn't they have some reservations too??.😍 

I remember an old friend saying a proverb in tamil - that the casting of an eye is worst that you get hit by a stone...I can't recollect how it was coined in Tamil....😳 Let's hope little Diya doesn't face any such problems...πŸ€—

Originally posted by Hosanna

Diya is a lovely name. My only regret is that there should have
been a lapse of time before the baby 's picture was posted on
the net! Newborn babies are such treasures which should not be
exposed for all to gawk at!

Baby's picture in the net?? where?? i did not see it. Diya
is a lovely name. God bless you Diya

Originally posted by rojapoooo

Baby's picture in the net?? where?? i did not see it. Diya
is a lovely name. God bless you Diya

baby's pics are out?????????????????? can u tell me where???????????????😊coz i can't wait!!!!

I just watched the video of the function when he announced the baby's name. It was the Sivakumar Trust's 28th anniversary celebration, and the video lasted over an hour, and I was watching the whole video just to hear him talk abt the baby, and beleive my luck, those few sentences that he told abt the baby came at the very end of the whole 1 hour video. It was very boring until that point, Kaarthik, Shivakumar, and Surya talking endlessly abt this, that and everything. And to top it all, Surya read a 100 page agreement on him adopting some school.I had to listen to each and every sentence, because I didn't know when he would talk abt the aby, and I learnt what it is like to be PATIENT! πŸ˜†

OK,on Surya's words, he finished his speech like this

"I just want to share a small news with you all,{At this point the widest smile ever appeared on his face, 😳 and I knew what I was waiting for had come}, I hope you all know abt my ..erm, daughter{he couldn't complete properly because he couldn't stop smiling!}, she's fine, the mother and daughter are both fine, we've named her 'Divya', me and Jo have named her Diya..ya , Diya, not Divya, sorry......so, thats all!" πŸ˜†

And the crowd went wild!!!!!!!!!Claaping and applauding!

And the most sweetest thing is that he called his baby 'en ponnu'!!!!! 😳 I found that really sweet!'Ammavum ponnum saukyamayirikku...........'Is that what Tamilians normally call girl babies??I don't know!

I might have misunderstood, never having able to understand Tamil properly, but at the begining of his speech, Surya said something abt his father, and how great a dad he is, and that now he's also an 'appa',he will make sure he'll be the same like his dad! Might have been something else that he was talking abt, he was talking real fast!But he said somethign abt 'appa'. Am positive abt that! πŸ˜†

He didn't say much, but I'm postive that he's extremely excited, because until that point, he was very serious, reading that stupid agreement, and the moment he began talking abt his daughter, he wouldn't stop smiling!!!!!

I wud love to hear Jo talking abt Diya too.......

Btw, a lot of pics in which Jo definitely looks pregnant are out now, which were completely unavailable when she was expecting. And the best thing is that Surya is always there with her, no matter if she's shopping for sarees or at Yoga classes or at other functions.....he wouldn't leave her out alone, see, even when he was shooting for 2 movies!

Edited by ditty - 16 years ago

^surya is the sweetest & most caring man i've ever seen. he just loves & adore jothika soo much, it shows in every action of his.😳😳 none of the other actors in kollywood are like surya. he is truly loyal & jothika is blessed with good fortune to have a hubby like him.πŸ‘πŸ‘ surya is the ideal husband. i just hope the husband i get will be half as good as surya is to jothika. but not everyone is as lucky as jo are they?

i'm really happy for surya that he has gotten a lovely daughter. he deserves every bit of this happiness!😳😳