Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Date rape drug makes it to Hyderabad city

tanveer.indian thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Date_rape_drug_ent ers_Hyderabad/articleshow/2274686.cms

HYDERABAD: The next time your date offers a drink,πŸ˜•πŸ˜³try to ensure that it is not spiked with a banned date rape drug that has made its way to the city through tele-marketing networks abroad.😳

'Rohypnol", which has a dubious 'date rape" reputation, is a sedative and a hypnotic drug and the city police have discovered that this drug is the rage at late night parties, pubs and resorts on the outskirts of the city.😳

The Crime Investigation Department (CID) has alerted the Drugs Control Administration (DCA) recently about abuse of the drug in the city.😳

Being a banned drug, Rohypnol is not available at the local chemist, but the CID suspects that people are getting it from other countries through couriers and parcels.😳

"Our suspicion is that some people are placing orders through tele-marketing, getting them from the US and selling it to select people at Rs 500 per capsule. This, we came to know during raids on resorts and weekend parties on the outskirts,"" S Umapathi, Inspector General Of Police, CID told TOI .😳 

The drug is also available in the form of nasal sprays 😳but so far only capsules are available in the city.😳

"There is a network for circulating the drug and rich and high salaried professionals are their targets😳. There is a need for complete investigation into it,"" the Inspector-General said.

'Rohypnol", which is a molecule of flunitrazepam, is administered by being mixed with alcohol.😳 In most cases, people are given the drug on the sly😳, say officials.

The drug prevents girls from resisting s*xual assaults😳. The drug is not approved in the United States as well😳. But a similar drug 'Clonazepam" is approved and available in the state and the country😳. This is basically an anti-epileptic drug available since 1995, DCA sources said.

"Rohypnol is not approved in our country and it does not come under our purview. But 'Clonazepam", which is a psychotropic substance, should be sold on prescription. The department will take measures to stop abuse of the drug," DCA director R Ranga Rao told TOI .

The Narcotic Control Bureau (NCB) held a meeting with Drugs Control Administration, excise and CID officials in July last week. Inspector General of NCB Ish Kumar attended the meeting.

The NCB reportedly asked the DCA to control abuse of habit formative drugs and psychotropic drugs like Pentazocin, Fortwin, Dextroprophexyphene syrup, Corex and Ephidrin tablets.

The NCB also announced that the staff would get rewards of up to 10 per cent of the value of drugs seized from the offenders. The DCA officials informed eight big seizures were made in the last one year.

Regards,
TanveerπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by abide - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prithvi lover thumbnail
hey thnx!
and WHOA! πŸ˜•
tanveer.indian thumbnail

Originally posted by: prithvi lover

hey thnx!
and WHOA! πŸ˜•

You're welcome.😊
-Tanveer😊

SAMYD thumbnail
This drug has been banned in Israel too
Many girls have been date r.p.d in pubs etc...
The next morning they found themselves waking up in parking lots
I have heard due to warnings given by the authorities

1.Never leave yr drink unattended at a party/pub...
2.Never take drink from a stranger/a "friendly" guy..
3.Always ask the bartender to open yr drink in front of your eyes and hold on to it till u finish the drink

When it is mixed in yr drink it gives a salty taste
Many wake up n dont even know who did that to them
So beware...
tanveer.indian thumbnail

Originally posted by: SAMYD

This drug has been banned in Israel too.
Many girls have been date r.p.d in pubs etc...
The next morning they found themselves waking up in parking lots...
I have heard the warnings given by the authorities about it. 

1. Never leave your drink unattended at a party/pub...
2. Never take a drink from a stranger/a "friendly" guy..
3. Always ask the bartender to open your drink in front of your eyes and hold on to it till you finish the drink.

When it is mixed in your drink it gives a salty taste.
Many wake up and don't even know who did that to them?
So beware...

Thanks a lot Samira.πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ
Regards,
TanveerπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

Pop Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
woah!! ive heard of Ecstasy also knwn as E-Tabs..but i've neva heard of dis..oh well..wat kinda sick pypl do dis to der date? 🀒 😑
tanveer.indian thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pop Princess

Woah!! I've heard of Ecstasy also known as E-Tabs..but I've never heard of this..oh well..what kind of sick people do this to their date(s)? 🀒 😑

Yes, it is a breach of trust.πŸ˜•πŸ˜³πŸ€’

-TanveerπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

Pop Princess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: abide

Yes, it is a breach of trust.πŸ˜•πŸ˜³πŸ€’

-TanveerπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

which is completely sick..it kinda puts u off going on dates..oh well..im so glad i've neva met any1 lyk dat.😳

tanveer.indian thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pop Princess

which is completely sick..it kind of puts you off going on dates..oh well..I'm so glad I've never met anyone like that.😳

Yes, you're absolutely right.πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ
-TanveerπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

sadia_lahori thumbnail
thats y our parents stop us and we think that they r our enemie 😭 huh loser poeple rape girls liek that 😑 dil tu karta hai sab ko shoot kaar doon Edited by sadia_lahori - 16 years ago