‘The awards will be a success’anuj

Malashetty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

'The awards will be a success'

Actor and producer Anuj Saxena on going ahead with the Gold Awards with or without the participation of Balaji actors

After Hours Correspondent

How different will the Gold Awards be?
The biggest difference is that these are the first awards to go global. We are trying to give Indian television the international platform and recognition that it deserves.

Why did you tie up with Gold Leaf Entertainment (helmed by Pooja Ghai and Vikaas Kalantri)?
I tied up with them for practical reasons. Firstly, they had done a lot of ground work and are enthusiastic about the awards. Moreover, when two people work for the same objectives the results are better. Of course, time and resources are saved since the event is in Mauritius and not India. The onus of the awards is mutually shared and the risk is also less.

You met Ektaa Kapoor recently. So, is the supposed ban on Balaji's actors from attending the Gold awards lifted?
It was a personal meeting and I don't want to comment on it.

How successful do you expect the awards to be?
These awards are for the industry. It would have been nice if everyone was a part of it. We have nothing personal to gain from these awards. I wish that all of us were in it together. Nevertheless, the awards will be a success; with or without certain participations.

Actor, producer, restaurateur, businessman-you could end up as a Jack of all and master of none.
You should ask the same question to Azim Premji, Sunil Mittal, Kumar Birla, Ratan Tata, Richard Branson. They are also doing multiple businesses. One must have a core competency or a strong base in one area; but one must also grow. My core competency is pharmaceuticals and I am a businessman. I want to grow and expand my business. And there is nothing wrong in that.

What are your ambitions at this stage of life?
My ambitions just get bigger with each passing day. The entire world is there waiting to be conquered; and I have just begun. Didn't I say. life begins at 40?[ Anuj Saxena