Tutorial: How To Make An Avatar

Posted: 18 years ago
A lot of people have been wondering about this, therefore I decided I'd create a tutorial, pictures and all. This is to make the very basic avatar - just text. No fancy borders, animations, or the like. If you want those, you must first learn how to do the basic ones, then we can move on. Please give the pictures time to load.

NOTE - This tutorial is made for Paint Shop Pro, since that's the software you can get online. You can adapt it to whatever software you have, since most tools are the same. It'll be slightly different, but not too difficult

To get a copy of PSP go to www.jasc.com

So here it goes. I will be using this picture:

Firstly, you need to copy the image you want. To do this, right click on the image and press "Copy".

Then, open up Paint Shop Pro and go to Edit, then Paste. Your image should appear.

Step One:

Step Two:

Step Three:

Step Four:

Step Five:

Step Six:

Step Seven:

This is the final result:

As I said, this is very basic. You must learn this before you progress.

I hope this has helped people! If there are any problems, please contact me immediately so I can fix it.

~ Rashmi.

Thanks for the tutorial.. Does this also work for Photo Impact Pro?
Originally posted by jenny1000

Thanks for the tutorial.. Does this also work for Photo Impact Pro?

Yes, it will work for Photo Impact. You'll just have to apply it for yourself - because, I mean, the tools may be the same but placed differently, or maybe the name is slightly different, etc. But you should get through just fine. Tell me if it works out.

thnx rashmi...for fulfilling our long time demand...

can i ask one more thing...plz tell the software name or link about how to convert wmv video files in to avi format...????

plz plz...plz..tell asap...

nightangel

I'm sorry nightangel, I really have no idea ๐Ÿ˜ญ If I ever find out, I'll tell you.
Thanks for the clear tutorial Rashmi. Very helpful ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
OMG!! thanx sooo much!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
hey.... thanks so much.... now can u teach us to make lil more advanced ones?? the type im looking to make is like the one u have currently... with diff pics flashing.... pleez pleeez pleez!
wow..thx alot i've been wanting to know that 4 a while now lol..
Originally posted by darkness_123

hey.... thanks so much.... now can u teach us to make lil more advanced ones?? the type im looking to make is like the one u have currently... with diff pics flashing.... pleez pleeez pleez!

I'll certainly keep your request in mind! However, I'm going to be horribly busy, and I won't be home to have access to my Image Editing softwares. Therefore, I won't be able to do it atleast this week. But I'll keep it in mind for later tutorials๐Ÿ˜Š