•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Discussion Of The Week: Examination Board

An examination board is an organization that sets examinations and is responsible for marking them and distributing results. As such, examination boards have the power to award qualifications to students (such as SAT scores). Most exam boards are run as not-for-profit organizations.

Examination boards in UK: CIE, AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC!

So in United Kingdom (and maybe in some other countries) student sit different exam papers depending on what exam board their school has chosen them to sit.

Discussion Questions
Do you think that everyone should sit the same exam? why?
Should we be given the right to choose the examination board? Why?

Thamizhan

Yeah we should be given the choice..Some exam boards are really hard and make the papers tough. 😆

Yeah everyone should sit the same exam..Because then the "easier" exam boards give "easy" papers to students and they pass with excellent grades. Whereas other students who take another exam board could get a lower grade...If you get what I am tryin to say 😕
Originally posted by *VaVaVoom14*

Yeah we should be given the choice..Some exam boards are really hard and make the papers tough. 😆
I'm not sure whether this is true or not, but I heard that OCR exam papers are very hard compared to other exam boards!

Yeah everyone should sit the same exam..Because then the "easier" exam boards give "easy" papers to students and they pass with excellent grades. Whereas other students who take another exam board could get a lower grade...If you get what I am tryin to say 😕
Yeah, I get it! I think we should all sit the same exam because ... it's not a fair test if they sit dif. exams! 

Originally posted by ~*Thamizhan*~

Yeahhh thats what I was trying to say! At least you understood! 😆

Great topic!

I agree with u guys! Its not comparable or fair if people are doing different exams and if some are easier than others!

Also.. i was wondering how they come up with league tables if people are taking different exams?? Although i know that if your school takes an international paper like my school has introduced the iGCSE Maths... the school is not included in the tables... 😕

Originally posted by bollycrazy

Great topic!

I agree with u guys! Its not comparable or fair if people are doing different exams and if some are easier than others!

Also.. i was wondering how they come up with league tables if people are taking different exams?? Although i know that if your school takes an international paper like my school has introduced the iGCSE Maths... the school is not included in the tables... 😕

The league tables and stuff like that is quite stupid if you ask me! I don't believe in it because all schools are different. They come up with league tables by subject and compare the whole of the country's candidates I suppose? 😕 I am not sure 😆

Originally posted by ~*Thamizhan*~

Do you think that everyone should sit the same exam? why?

Yea i think that ever1 shud coz den itz only fair....coz sum ppl mite do easy questions n sum mite do harder paper and itz not fair as the grades won't be fair

Should we be given the right to choose the examination board? Why?

Yea....coz it dependz on the person on which exam board that they wud prefer not what the school decided for dem!

Okay, time for a new discussion! Topic Closed 😊