Sanju baba's out,btowns thrilled[[rohit]]

HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Sanju baba's out, B-Town's thrilled
   By: Upala KBR
   August 21, 2007

The industry is euphoric over Dutt's temporary relief from the SC

On July 31, Sanjay Dutt was sentenced to six years rigorous imprisonment in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts case.

The actor was then lodged at Pune's Yerwada Jail, amidst unprecedented protest from friends and fans alike. After three weeks of doing time, there seems some ray of hope for the fallen actor.

He's now got interim bail from the Supreme Court and B-Town is overjoyed at the prospect of seeing him as a free man again.

Sunil Shetty (Actor)

I was in shock when I heard the news. I couldn't believe it! I'm very happy and have always maintained that God has mysterious ways of doing things.

Sanjay Gupta
(Producer)

Justice prevails and our faith in the judiciary stands vindicated. God bless Sanjay Dutt.

Ekta Kapoor
(Producer)

I feel he was being used to make an example. I think justice has been done and a celebrity is not being made a scapegoat anymore.

I hope he gets out once and for all. People get vicarious pleasure from seeing a successful person suffer, and those who condemned him in the name of the law belong to that
category.

Ashok Thakeria
(Producer)

Dhamaal is releasing on September 7 and I am very happy for Sanju. He's not just a star in my film but also a good friend.

I plan to go and meet him when he comes out. We would love to have a premiere for the film but it depends on Sanju and what his state of mind is.

Rohit Roy
(Actor)

I am overjoyed. His interim relief has given us all great relief. The very thought of Sanju sir spending any more time in the slammer was a source of discomfort for all of us. Nightmarish actually. So I am happy that he's going to be home shortly.

Bunty Walia
(Producer)

I'm delighted. I'm dying to see him again. Our prayers have been answered. I am mostly going to go and fetch him back.

Karan Johar
(Filmmaker)

I am thrilled for Sanju and his family. He has been in my thoughts and I feel a sense of relief. I can't begin to imagine what he must be feeling today. Sanju is very special to my family. We love him dearly and wish him the best from the bottom of our hearts.

Subhash Ghai
(Producer)

It's the result of millions of prayers that he has got justice. My family and I are extremely happy that Sanju can now breathe easy. He has been punished enough for his mistake, so now we should let him make his late father, family and nation proud.