KK_lassi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

HI ,

Here i was just wondering on how Indian Bollywood Movies have extraordinary hereos , with their unusual capacities.

Like this one, In Asoka - they have shown an era way back and also modifying the Indian Lifestyle that time.

But the odd thing in that was Kareena Kapoor , And all Female co -actresses would have their hands , legs WAXED😕, . That means that time  Ladies had the facility to Make them look more beautiful. But the clothes they wore were like , Scarcity of Clothes and colors. Like they were so un developed that proper clothes were not stiched.

What this Movie had to convey exactly with such opposite characteristics! 

I Know this movie is way back, But Last I had seen it on Star Plus, Last month, SO i found this thing very odd.

😊

Edited by KK_lassi - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail

Hi KK,

It may sound surprising, but hair removal has been around for thousands of years though it did not become popular till after World War 1. A pair of tweezers was found as early as 3500 BC in a Mesopotamian tomb. Ashoka's reign was much later - 260 BC, if I'm not mistaken.

Waxing using "body sugar" has been used by many ancient civilizations.

Here is an excerpt from  http://www.legaceeltd.com/history.htm

The earliest reference to hair removal came from the ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia, Egypt and Greece. Early writings out of Mesopotamia tell of kings asking that maidens be brought to them "clean and smooth", that is hairless.

Egyptian writings describe how slave girls, serving the Pharaoh, were expected to remove body hair. Hairy arms and bodies were considered socially to be unclean.

Textiles are more colourful nowadays. It was difficult to dye bright colours into clothes in those days which made them more expensive so most people didn't bother. And most stone sculptures from Ancient Indian times do depict "scarcity of clothing" - probably because wearing such clothes was more conducive to climatic conditions.

Edited by MysticaMagic - 19 years ago
exquisite thumbnail
also in those times.. people respected the human bodies of both sexes. they considered it beautiful and not something that is supposed to be hidden. look at the khajurao statues
KK_lassi thumbnail

OK, So the direction here was done with proper knowledge.

Thx Mystica for the site, as I am a deep lover of history, and I have always searched in books and on net.

anjuman thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow waxing discusion, It hurts Edited by anjuman - 19 years ago
KK_lassi thumbnail

Now this movie is far back, but still I had read it in papers,

In the movie " Biwino 1" there is a scene where Salman Khan goes to meet sushmita at night saying his stomach is bad , so he is going for walk, on this Karishma insists to take the dog on his walk , so that both of  them get walking at the same time.

Salaman khan agrees and then hurriedly takes the dog out, after which he drives the car over a very long distance and reaches susmita sens house.

THe dog is now shown to go back home , (Of course covering the same long distance) and pulling Karisma Kapoor by her sari and then it is shown that the dog guides Karisma Kapoor to SUSMITA SENS HOUSE! that tooo WALKING. AND SALAMN KHAN NEEDED A CAR TO COVER THAT LONG DISTACE,    WHERE AS THEIR DOG BRINGS KARISMA KAPOOR WALKNG!

anjuman thumbnail
good observation there 👏 Edited by anjuman - 19 years ago
Morgoth thumbnail
As we all know, in Bollywood, the length of the road shrinks when needed...😆
KK_lassi thumbnail
Ok, U know sometimes even the airport authorities allow Indian Bolly hero to confess his love. After doing time pass for 3 long hours!🤢
anjuman thumbnail

another good point.

they will even allow the hero to run after the plane on the runway