Karan loses his heart 2 a young intern!

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago

He debuted on television with Balaji's Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi but it was with his second show Kasauti Zindagi Kay, also a Balaji production, that Karan Singh became popular. But when Kasauti's Sharad turned from a good to completely bad guy and was sent to jail, Karan did not take a break from acting.

In fact, he was working in another daily Solhah Singaar which was telecast on Sahara. "The problem with Sahara is that it's not the viewers' favourite channel," he rues. However, that's the reason behind his quitting the show. "Nothing was happening with the character. And when I was offered Dill Mil Gayye I decided to quit Solhah Singaar because the story had taken a different turn and my character was not moving at all," explains Karan who is quite excited about doing the second season of the very popular medical series Sanjivani.

Dill Mil Gayye, according to Karan, is quite different from Sanjivani though doctors and hospitals continue to be the common links between the two seasons of the show. "The new season of the show is young, fresh and peppy. It revolves around the lives of five interns and their interpersonal relationships," he says, adding, "The show is going to be aired at a time when people are looking for something different on television."

The serial now has pyar, masti, emotions and betrayal has Karan playing the young intern Dr. Arman Malik. "Arman the son of a doctor. He is confident, spoilt and flirtatious. But he is a very good doctor too and is very serious about his work," says Karan.

He says Arman is both serious and fun-loving. He gets along well with the dean's elder daughter, also an intern, Dr. Anjali Gupta and romance starts brewing between the two. But before the relationship evolves any further, complications arise and Arman falls in love with the dean's younger daughter Dr. Ridhima. "I am expecting everyone to love the show. It's not a normal family drama. The new interns are full of spunk, commitment, energy and the story has lot of drama. It also explores the complex world of relationships," says the actor who is having great time working for the show. "We have lot of fun on the sets. The idea is to enjoy your work and when you are happy you tend to work better."

Ask him whether his character in Kasauti will return and he says that he is unaware of any such plans. "Entries and exits keep happening in daily soaps. If Sharad is brought back from jail I will do the show again," he avers, adding, "I am not a complete Balaji boy but haven't parted ways with them either." Karan is a fitness freak and loves swimming besides playing basketball and volleyball. But he is not a party animal. "I am not into parties and late nights. I have a few close friends but they aren't from the TV industry," he signs off.

www.deccan.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bugs_bunny thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Falls in love with both of them?/😲 hehhe
Rids will end up with him in the end! 😃

Thanks!
trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for the amazing article Shrutster. I think Karan Singh is going to be one of the highlights of the show. And also think it's going to get great TRP's, not that that's why I watch anything. But it helps for a show to have staying power. Can't wait to see Dr. Armaan's bedside manner with his patients.
modishh thumbnail
His charcter in Solhah Singaarrr was adorable....a friend,lover...whatever he was, he was nice....i m shocked that he has quit SS
~Tia_ranveer thumbnail
Thnx a ton 4 de article....
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks Shru.. I really like him with Ridz, they share an adorable chemistry. I don't like Anjali
buttercup thumbnail
anjali is like..im the best 😆 😳
i think ridds will end up with him 😳
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
rids is the younger daughter of Dr. shashank?? i thought he only had one daughter- anjali!
buttercup thumbnail
manali v never know..may be they had another kid later when the show was off air..and now showng after a leap 😳 😆
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: buttercup

manali v never know..may be they had another kid later when the show was off air..and now showng after a leap 😳 😆

yeah 😆😆