Posted: 16 years ago

Hello everyone...

The poem we r gonna discuss this week is a poem called Love Ruins friendship which is a poem written by myself...

Love Ruins friendship

I knew him when we were kids

We used to always play

Then the time came when he had to leave

I wanted him to stay

He came up to me to say goodbye

I looked into his eyes

I could see the tears coming

I remembered the good old times

I sat and thought to myself

Why I lost a friend

Does this always happen to me

Why did everything end

After many years I also moved

And he added me on MSN

I talked to him and realized

We could be friends again

After sometime I noticed

That the relationship

was a little more

than just friendship

So I decide to let him know

For me it was very tough

I called him and said to him

That we were both in love

At first he didn't say anything

Then he said he feels that too

We were both quiet for a while

And then he said I love you

That day I can never forget

It looked like the world was smiling

And then we always talked

But was it the right timing?

He then changed a little bit

And he wasn't the same person

I decided to break the relationship

But it made everything worsen?

After that we tried to be just friends

But it didn't work at all

Because every time we tried to talk

We remembered that one call

Will we get together again?

I really don't know

I really hope everything works out

I hope things just flow

So everyone please listen to me

Don't ruin what you have

Because now I feel that I should've known

That friendship was enough

- Anji

Do u feel that love ruins friendship?

Are u in love with someone whom u have known since childhood?

If u loved ur best friend would u not tell them how u feel coz u would be afraid that it would ruin what u a;ready have?

Anything else u would like to add about this poem.

Have fun,

Anji

L&F Dev. Team

Edited by ~Anji~ - 16 years ago
Really nice and touching. 😊 πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

For some people love does ruin friendship but for some it doesn't. It depends on the people involved.

Well done. πŸ‘
Edited by Sujalthegreat - 16 years ago
no i don't think that love ruins friendship.maybe in some case, yea, but most of the time it should make friendship even stronger.no i haven't fallen in "love" with my friend but if i ever do then i'd rather tell him
and rlyy touching poem anji..good job πŸ‘ πŸ‘
Awesome poem! πŸ˜ƒ

I dont think love really ruins the friendship. As said before, it depends on the people involved. For me, it ruined my friendship in the 1st month, but now we are really good friends again! πŸ˜ƒ So for me, it did not ruin my friendship instead it taught me many things! 😳
Originally posted by ~Anji~

Do u feel that love ruins friendship?-yes....it does ive had the experience!

Are u in love with someone whom u have known since childhood?-yes my best friend....and i broke my 11yr friendship wid him...

If u loved ur best friend would u not tell them how u feel coz u would be afraid that it would ruin what u a;ready have? yes.....but at the same time no...cuz who noes! he might feel the same way too u noe!

Anything else u would like to add about this poem.-no actually...its a perfect poem!

Awesome poem!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I think in some cases love does ruin friendship because people are not able to get over certain things...

sometimes people are fine after they realize they don't wanna be with each other and friendship turns out to be a better option...

if i loved my best friend, it would tell him if i got the sign from him that he liked me as well...

if not then i wouldn't tell him ...
Awesome poem πŸ‘ πŸ‘

For me i would say it really depends, sometimes love do ruin friendship and sometimes it makes the bond of friendship stronger..Depends on the kind of people but i do belive that if u go out with ur best friend, there is bound to be some differences in the beginning but with times everything gets solved!!
Awsome Poem
well I think Love does ruin frndship cuz either u reject the person cuz u never thought of him in tht wai or wen u start goin gout with him/her, either of thm wud chng and start actin possessive and more secured tht u wudnt like,, and thr are other things in a relationship tht might also mess tht frndship

As u know sweet lil Anji, i have already commented on this poem before.. it's simply awesome πŸ‘ really touching

Coming back to your questions:

Do u feel that love ruins friendship?-
-I think it does in many cases, coz in many cases the love is one-sided, one feels nothing else than friendship...sadly, but there is nothing u can do aboit it πŸ˜•

Are u in love with someone whom u have known since childhood? -- As i've never been in love.. this question is not for me to answer πŸ˜‰

If u loved ur best friend would u not tell them how u feel coz u would be afraid that it would ruin what u already have?
Actually if we were best friends, i think we should know each other's feelings and types etc.. so if i knew i'm not his type, and i'm in love with him, i deffo wouldn't tell him anything....sometimes i think of the song in Andaaz- "kisi se tum pyaar karo-- kahin naa phir der hojaaye.." then i think maybe it's good to confess... but then my mind says no.. better not.. so i would deffo not tell him anything unless i get strong vibes and signs from him, that he loves me πŸ˜‰

Anything else u would like to add about this poem...
well i just wanted to say..it's an awesome poem, i really felt the dard in it and it's sad that things sometimes happen that way.. but yeah some people are just not destined to be together 😭

Love,
Gracella πŸ˜›

Edited by Gracella - 16 years ago

Do u feel that love ruins friendship?

Yes...loves ruins everything... its better to be strangers than to be in love with someone

Are u in love with someone whom u have known since childhood?

hmm... don't know

If u loved ur best friend would u not tell them how u feel coz u would be afraid that it would ruin what u a;ready have?

I would tell him...I am just the kind of person that I tell whatever it is in my heart... especially to those that I love... it somehow just comes out...even if I don't really want to tell

Anything else u would like to add about this poem.

Very nice Poem Anji... and hope u write more such sweet poems...and hope from now on u write Poems that are about how love doesn't ruin anything...so we start believing it too😊