I am New...Actually..I am not! - Page 3

Posted: 16 years ago

Hi Sangeeta, let me welcome you to this section . Whatever does Panache mean?
Originally posted by Hosanna

Hi Sangeeta, let me welcome you to this section . Whatever does Panache mean?

hey  ho  just thought i would explain panace...dont mind sangeeta???

Panache is a French word for which there is no English equivalent, but carries the connotation of a flamboyant manner and reckless courage.

The literal meaning of the word is a plume, such as is worn on a hat or a helmet, but the reference is to King Henri IV of France. Pleasure-loving and cynical, but a brave military leader, who is the best-loved of the kings of France, he was famed for wearing a striking white plume in his helmet, and for his war-cry "Follow my white plume!" (Fr. "Ralliez-vous a mon panache blanc"))

Thank you Jaya...for the explanation...it also means "with style" -

People commonly use this word in sentences like.."He did his work with panache" etc...
Originally posted by panache

Thank you ditty...I will grab some nice Jo and surya siggies...😊

In btw, are you a big Surya/Jo fan!!!??😳

Ya I am, are u one too? You r the first one I've met here !😛

sangeeta.....though we have been talking a lot thru PMS...I officially welcome you here in this thread.....he he he ...I just saw this thread and I thought I will also join all my buddies here to welcome you.....

Soon there will be many changes in the home page (for our section)...since some new serials have started and we will have a separate section for kollywood news....

I am sure you are making a lot of friends and having fun here .....
Welcome Sangeeta, and thanks for your birthday wishes.
I am sure you will love this IF, please visit the recipe thread in the Other Topics. Thanks. Kavitha Ravi

Originally posted by Kavitha Ravi

Welcome Sangeeta, and thanks for your birthday wishes.
I am sure you will love this IF, please visit the recipe thread in the Other Topics. Thanks. Kavitha Ravi

Kavitha, i definitely will..i actually used one of the recipes last week,,,,😳

Originally posted by atina

sangeeta.....though we have been talking a lot thru PMS...I officially welcome you here in this thread.....he he he ...I just saw this thread and I thought I will also join all my buddies here to welcome you.....

Soon there will be many changes in the home page (for our section)...since some new serials have started and we will have a separate section for kollywood news....

I am sure you are making a lot of friends and having fun here .....

Thank you! hun! I sure am!