Aliens in America!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
The promos looked intriguingπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

From CW: Justin Tolchuck (Dan Byrd, "The Hills Have Eyes") is a sensitive, lanky 16-year old just trying to make it through the social nightmare of high school in Medora, Wisconsin, with the help of his well-meaning mom Franny (Amy Pietz, "Caroline in the City"), aspiring-entrepreneur dad Gary (Scott Patterson, "Gilmore Girls") and his beautiful and popular younger sister Claire (Lindsey Shaw, "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide"). Although he's bright and funny, Justin is also shy, socially awkward and pretty much resigned to the fact that he'll never be one of the cool kids. Franny, however, is the kind of take-charge mom who micro-manages her family, and she's come up with a plan to help Justin: she signs up for the school's international exchange student program. Picturing an athletic, brilliant Nordic teen, Franny is sure this new friendship will bestow instant coolness on her outsider son. However, when the Tolchuck's exchange student arrives, he turns out to be Raja Musharaff (Adhir Kalyan, "Fair City"), a 16-year-old Muslim from a small village in Pakistan. Raja is thoughtful, responsible and wise beyond his years. To the Tolchucks and everyone else in Medora, he's also just about as foreign as a foreigner can be. While the rest of the family is slightly freaked out by the Muslim in their midst, Gary is comforted by the fact that the host family receives a monthly check to help with expenses. This fits right in with Gary's money-making schemes, and when he sees how hard-working and respectful Raja is, he's totally on board. As for Claire, she's too busy with her friends and her new boyfriend to pay much attention to their houseguest, but Raja is smitten from the moment he first sees her. After the initial shock wears off, Justin is quickly won over by Raja's humor, gestures of friendship and by their common status as outsiders. Despite the cultural chasm between them, Justin and Raja develop an unlikely bond that just might allow them to navigate the minefield that is contemporary high school. It's going to be a very interesting year for Raja, Justin, his family and the entire population of Medora. "Aliens In America" is from CBS Paramount Network Television Inc. and Warner Bros. Television with executive producers Tim Doyle ("Jake in Progress"), Moses Port ("Just Shoot Me," "Mad About You") and David Guarascio ("Just Shoot Me," "Mad About You"), and co-executive producers Richard Day ("Arrested Development," "The Larry Sanders Show") and Michael Glouberman ("Malcolm in the Middle," "3rd Rock From the Sun").

It sounds pretty cool and amusing to meπŸ˜›Who else is looking forward to it? Still one month left till it premieres!
i am!!!!!! haahaa especially now cuz i found out that the producers of this show made arrested development!! one of my FAV shows!!!!!!
i love Aliens in America, its on of my fav shows,

and thanks 4 the update promo
It hasn't started here yet, it seems like a halarious show though!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜›
Yup it does look hilarious πŸ˜† and omg look at teh excerpt of an email we got from out principal:

Dear Faculty and Students,

The producers of a new TV show on the COW network will pilot their first episode here at Northside on Tuesday, September 11 in the Auditorium. There will be two 22 minute showings at 10:15 and 11:05 so that you can view it if you have lunch during block 2. The show is called, "Aliens in America." The show is a comedy about a Pakistani boy who comes to live with an American Family and attend an American High School.

I have lunch during block 7 😭 so i'll miss it 😭 but isnt that cool? lol 😳
Its relesing on Oct 1 2007 I'm really waiting to watch it

Trailer
I've watched the pilot episode, and it is awesome πŸ˜† πŸ‘ Even though some might find the show crass or racist, kudos to the production house for taking the risk.

I LOOOOVE the way Raja says "Tolchuks." πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Hhehe. yeah looks like a cool show. very diff. story lline 😳
ahhh...sweet comedy!!!! Cant wait 😊