Special Squad

10 faux paus by ss

natasha-remix thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 years ago
10 faux pas' that make 'Special Squad' unrealistic!

Warning:Anyone who is remotely connected to the house of Law should avoid watching the Star One weekly on Mondays, Special Squad. This is a show that surely needs to get its house in order.

This one's a killer! In one of the episodes, Aryan is asked to show his identity card, and he immediately, brandishes his visiting card!
In one shot, while Aryan and his other officers were talking to a suspect, the camera moves left to show that three to four people were running towards a car, which is then chased by a squad car. But when the goons are caught, only one man is brought out of the car, that too from the passenger's side! Wonder who was driving the vehicle….and what about the others in the car?
Interrogations are carried out by an officer, Deepika Ghosh, played by Gauri Pradhan(who obviously because of her other commitments, namely Kyunki…) fails to land up at the crime scene. She is a forensic expert, who doesn't visit the crime scene ever, and looks more like an administrator than an investigator.
Suspects and relatives of the victim all converge on the crime scene and the squad members see nothing wrong in it. They stick around, cry and howl while the squad is shown busy collecting evidence.
In the recent episode, the evidence, in the form of two cars was left where the vehicles were found - on the highway! Ever heard of 'corruption of evidence?
Suspects, we thought, were interrogated in the squad interrogation room. But in SS, they are beaten up at the crime scene and threatened into submission.
Gauri doesn't even seem to have new lines to mouth - "Aryan hum kanoon nahi tor sakte!" 'Aryan tum ab ghar jao' or something of that sort are her patent lines.
Shaina (Kuljeet)'s dynamism is missing and Bhanu's histrionics, specially in the recent episode, really are not helping the show.
Special Squad has nothing special as far as the cases are concerned. They are taking on cases that are run of the mill, cases that are as ordinary as a highway murder by a greedy shop owner, which can be dealt with by the local police. The high profile cases that the squad dealt with in the beginning were a pleasure to watch!
Ajay and Boxer, the two main officers of the squad, act more like qualified bouncers than lawmen. They are more ready to break bones than use their grey cells. In one of the episodes, Ajay was shown hitting the man blackmailing him, and eventually getting away with it because somebody else killed him. The squad did everything to save him -law be damned!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natasha-remix thumbnail
wad do u guys think about it...

i mean wad r ur views..??
pranx thumbnail
the series has lost its zing since shaina was replaced by gauri.At least there was some chemistry between shaina and aryan. Deepika ghosh looks so drab 😕.the only work that she seems to do is order aryan about and give her "icy" stares.

About the faux paus, all series have some errors.But i would still prefer to watch SS rather than see any of kekta's shows 🤢 🤢 on other channels. Her serials are beyond any sense or logic!!
rikzik thumbnail
well i agree with it..these were many of the things that even i noticed..the show is getting monotonous......
but anytime better than kekta soaps..........but the cases r becoming too predictable
natasha-remix thumbnail
i agree
too

i really miss shaina though

i think the original ss was damn good
eternaldreamer thumbnail
I know, Shaina got in that spark into the show, although the cases too now are so predictable

And gauri is bad...coz I dont like the way her character is so uptight, it makes it too dull!!

But hey shaina(kuljeet) is coming in a new show...Kohinoor on sahara one, i cant wait for that!!

But wish Shaina cld come back on SS 😭