Discussion - Jimmy and HMann

Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
Hello everyone😛 I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss, well its been discussed a bit in the "was your fav film" thread.

Anyways firstly discussion on Jimmy Shergill (Mannat and Yaaran Naal Baharan)

From the films I have seen of Jimmy, bollywood and Punjabi, I feel that when Jimmy is in Bolly films...he acts as in he has to put in a lot of hard work into the role but when its a punjabi movie, I've noticed it comes very natural to him, most likely cuz he's punjabi himself....how many would agree?

So do you think that Jimmy should stick to punjabi films and forget Bollywood?

It would be great for the punjabi movie industry if he did and maybe could boost up his career, or should he stick to Bollywood and hindi acting?

Second discussion on HMann (Dil Apna Punjabi, Jee Aya Nu)

OK this is on the basis of his acting, I am in no way criticising his singing because he is indeed a fabulous singer😛

I've seen all of his films (except the most recent) and I've noticed his acting is the same, he plays the near enough same role in all of his films - an Indian guy who teaches everyone that India is their real homeland (which it is) but his films kind of look the same to me, they've become emerging with the same pattern

What do you all think? Those of you who have seen his latest film Mitti Wajaan Maardi, and his other films, is the new one any different to his previous ones?

What other roles should he experiment in? Maybe it would improve him as an actor if he experimented instead of playing the same role over and over again?

Does anyone think he should stick to singing and that acting isn't right for him?

Anyways this post isn't meant to cause any offence to members who like the work of these artists but if anyone is offended I apologise. This topic is merely meant for discussion only so try to keep language etc clean.

Enjoy discussing😊
Edited by Gaurav's Love - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Xplicit_Desii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i agree wid da part where u said Hmannz moviez r da same.. n they give same kinda msg!! i havnt seen his mitti waajan mardi yet so dunno buh yeahh n i dun really like his actin..it dun luk natural!!

n yeahh i think Jimmy shergillz a hella gud actor n i luved his yaaran naal baharan..he done an awsum job in dat one👏👏

n it wud b really kool if he juz sticks to pbi moviez😛
Angelic_J thumbnail

Nice discussion Gaurav's Luv (may i know your name plz😳)

I am not a very big fan of Hmann but i gotta say he is a natural actor and a very talented singer👏 but from what I see in his movies is that he repeats the same thing in all of them which doesn't really give him too much of a scope to prove his acting abilities In my opinion I don't think he was the right choice for ANMWT coz he didn't sound like his character at all(he didn't look or sound canadian born) but anyways his performance was good so i guess i can't complain😆 but he certainly isn't one of the most verstile actors coz he really hasn't shown too much of his acting capabilities🤡 I think i might start liking him if he does something different for once i.e not be a foreinger crying for his homeland😔

Now over to Jimmy😃 I really LOVED him in YNB coz he totally suited his character and he did a wonderful job in mannat👏 I believe he has the charisma and talent to be the Sharukh Khan of Punjabi movies but the think with him is he is just USING punjabi movies to pave a way for himself in bollywood😔 From his interviews and evrything it seems like bollywood is his ultimate goal and he doesn'tt really care about acting in punjabi movies😡 (but lemme tell ya something bro punjabi will take you to the internatioanl level👍🏼 ) newayz the bottom line is if he works for the punjabi cinema with all his TRUE dedication then i think he has a really bright future ahead of him😉

Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
great views JK_5 (ur name? mines rach)

Anyways went to watch MWM yesterday and although the storyline was good and different from the previous ones I still think HMann didn't act good... esp when it came 2 the emotional scenes

and yeah i agree if jimmy wants to get decent recognition he shouldn't use punjabi films as a platform 2 pave way for himself in bollywood....he'll do much better and go further in punjabi 😛