Discussion of the Week

~*manai*~ thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Kidyaan!

i hope everyone is enjoying the forum!

time for our DOTW

The discussion of the week is.....

Why are punjabi parents and brothers or guys couzins so over protective over thier daughter/ sister/ cousins??

Some questions you may anmser!

1.  Do you fell over protected?

2.  Do you think it is fair?

3.  Do you think it is a sign of love?

4.  What is the biggest reason for this?

have fun!!!!!!

manai😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelic_J thumbnail

1.  Do you feel over protected?

I have never felt overprotected😔 mostly coz i'm the tomboy in my family and i'm the one who used to and still protects all my cousins and siblings😳 hai rabba i sooooooooooo want someone to be over-protective of me☺️

I think it's allright as long as it's done within the limits😃 Now we all may have different perspective on what is the limit so i'll leave that upto you guys😛 but once the person being protected starts to feel suffocated then that's the high time the "protector" should loosen up their grip a bit😛

Yes it certainly is sign of love BUT it is also a sign of insecurity😳 sometimes our punjabi bros get a bit TOO insecure about their sisters so i guess that's the reason why they start feeling over-protective of their sis's😛

As i stated above insecurity is the biggest reason in my opinion as to why our parents and bros are so over-protective of us😳 but sometimes it is also a matter of pride😕 In most of punjabi families girls are looked upon as the pride of every household and our bros don't wanna share that with anyone neither they can bear to see anyone looking at their pride's in a dis-honest way😳 Also, I think this over-protectiveness kinda runs throughout our Punjabi community🤪

Good discussion manai👏

Edited by JK_5 - 16 years ago
Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great topic Manai! 😃

1.  Do you feel over protected?

Not really.. i mean maybe my parents do protect me a bit, but not too much.. in the sense of brothers etc though, naa.. since i dont have any brothers! and all my cousin bros are in India.. but when im there, they definitely are protective! hehe its cute tho 😆

Fair in wat sense? 🤔 i think its alright for them to be protective uptil a certain extent.. if they start restricting u too much and coming in the way of ur freedom, then its a bit much.. and if they discriminate against u in the sense they wont let u do things they do themselves, then thats horrible! i would hate that!

Yeh definitely is love that causes em to be a bit overprotective.. and maybe they're just scared as well? they dont want us to get overexposed to anything.. but in the process they limit us from doing things which is not the way to go.

Love.. and insecurity, as JK said.. they just dont want us to be exposed to things they think could influence us in a bad way or just let us be too "free" and cause us to drift off in the wrong direction and down the wrong path.. but thats not the case! By being overprotective, u just cause a girl to wanna  rebel even more.. and being protective is fine, but being overprotective can really affect the sister/daughter, coz she may feel left out from things, or neglected or just think its not fair! hehe.. and so will jus go against everything they've been taught by parents etc.. trust me ive seen it happen too many times to know.

Indian_girl_18 thumbnail
1. Do you fell over protected?
Yes sometimes but I think that they are fulfilling their duties. The whole over protection thing happens when the girls are in high school. Cause that is the time for girls to look at other girls and make mistakes because of jealously or peer pressure.

2. Do you think it is fair?
Yes, if they did not protect us, we can end up making the wrong decisions.

3. Do you think it is a sign of love?
Yes. This is what I have always told my friends, who get really tried of the whole protection thing. Whatever parents do, do it cause they love us.

4. What is the biggest reason for this?
Reputation. As we all know, parents reputation is put in the hands of a girl. Its our duty to protect their reputation. If a girl takes a wrong step, this will lower the parents reputation in the indian society.
Edited by Indian_girl_18 - 16 years ago
~*manai*~ thumbnail
wow you girls answerwed very nicely i have too many couzons to protect me and a bro but i love them and its okie and cool that they protet me!
Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~*manai*~

wow you girls answerwed very nicely i have too many couzons to protect me and a bro but i love them and its okie and cool that they protet me!

You're sooooooooooo lucky dude😳 my bros are too white-wash too be like dat and same thing with my coz bros😡 most of them are either white-wash or black-wash i soooooooooo desp. want someone to be overprotective of me😭 lolz i'm probably the first one and the ONLY one to say this😆

Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JK_5

You're sooooooooooo lucky dude😳 my bros are too white-wash too be like dat and same thing with my coz bros😡 most of them are either white-wash or black-wash i soooooooooo desp. want someone to be overprotective of me😭 lolz i'm probably the first one and the ONLY one to say this😆

😆 na ur not the only one.. i kinda want someone to be all protective of me tooo 😃 hehe coz i have no brothers either, and my cousins dont live anywhere near me.. and my dadz more like a friend 😃 not that im complaining
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
great discussion topic👏

1.  Do you fell over protected?

I don't feel over protected but i feel protected. I know that if i was in trouble my brother and/or cousins will b there 2 help. So when im out with them i feel protected but they don't over do it, i go uni and tht and bro doesn't ask me all sorts of questions like where i was, who i was with...or if im on msn/yahoo he doesn't bug me about who im chatting to so he's pretty cool

Yeah of course it is, every brother has the right to protect his sister but every brother does it a different way. I have a brother who is protective over me and my sisters and i think its perfectly fair....i think girls would b more protected if they had a brother rather than if they didn't....but that doesn't go to say that if a girl doesn't have a brother she can't cope....some girls can cope on their own but having a male protect u is an advantage

Definately, at the end of the day all they want is for their sister to b happy and 2 come home safe....if it means protecting them at any cost then so be it. If they don't protect us then who will

I guess they just want the daughters/sisters to b safe and not get influenced by others or taken advantage of. So if they r there then at leats the sister knows that she's looked after.

Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xx..uvt..xX

😆 na ur not the only one.. i kinda want someone to be all protective of me tooo 😃 hehe coz i have no brothers either, and my cousins dont live anywhere near me.. and my dadz more like a friend 😃 not that im complaining

Welsome to the club darling😆 Unlike u I do have brothers that too TWO of them but they're just good for nothing losers😡😆 I love them a LOT and i'm really tight with my brothers but they think they're toooo cool to be over-protective of me😭 that's just NOT fairrrrrr😡

I want a new brother😳

Edited by JK_5 - 16 years ago
~*manai*~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: JK_5

awwwwwwwww huni my coz jsut came for india like 6 years ago so they are not washed yet and i do not think ever be!😆