Punjabi Channel

Kareena learns Punjabi:P

Angelic_J thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

OMG i'm soooooooo proud of us punjabisπŸ˜› we're making everyone learn punjabiπŸ˜† soon there will be a day when punjabi will take over hindi in India or atleast be as common as hindiπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Kareena Kapoor learns Punjabi

Imtiaz Ali's forthcoming romantic comedy, "Jab We Met" is eagerly awaited for a number of reasons.

Pritam's chartbusting music and the fact that lovebirds Shahid Kapur and Kareena Kapoor feature together on screen for the fourth time (after "Fida", "36 China Town" and "Chup Chup Ke"), the romantic comedy has been shot largely in the princely state of Nabha, which is located in the heart of Punjab.

As Kareena Kapoor plays the role of Geet, a talkative Sikh girl from Bhatinda (in Punjab), she had to familiarise herself with the mannerisms and lingo of the region. This is the first time Kareena is essaying a proper Punjabi character and during the shoot she was given a few dialogues with Aditya (Shahid Kapur) in chaste Punjabi. Even during the usual Hindi dialogues, her diction needed to be given a minor Punjabi twang.

To ensure this, at the time of dubbing, the film's editor, Aarti Bajaj ("Salaam-e-Ishq", "Black Friday", etc. ) diligently helped Kareena with her Punjabi pronounciation to give the character of Geet in "Jab We Met" added authenticity.

The film, which releases worldwide on October 26, is an idyllic train journey into the heartland of Punjab when Aditya and Geet sub-consciously find love!

Source:- http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=17103

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cheri thumbnail
isnt she punjabi (kapoor? 😊 )
.:Ashi:. thumbnail
wow im impressed!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ wahoo kareena! πŸ˜›
nice article...tfs πŸ˜ƒ
Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hmm thanku!

and yeh she is Punjabi.. so technically she should know Punjabi anyway.. lol so i dont see the huge achievement in learning Punjabi.. unnu te vaise vi aana chahida hai! πŸ˜† but ah well, better late than never πŸ˜ƒ I hope she becomes fluent hehe
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
yeah i saw the promos and her punjabi is quite cool...im sure she'll pull it off πŸ‘ πŸ‘ way 2 go kareena
Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xx..uvt..xX

hmm thanku!

and yeh she is Punjabi.. so technically she should know Punjabi anyway.. lol so i dont see the huge achievement in learning Punjabi.. unnu te vaise vi aana chahida hai! πŸ˜† but ah well, better late than never πŸ˜ƒ I hope she becomes fluent hehe

She IS punjabi but these people from bombay can't even understand punjabi so how they gonna speak?πŸ˜‘πŸ˜•πŸ˜† but u know what it's all their parents fault look at people like me and mayb u who are born and brought up in foreign countries YET we still UNDERSTAND and SPEAK punjabi fluently although with a lil bit of an accent but all that matters is we KNOW how to speak riteπŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Edited by JK_5 - 16 years ago
_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† wow the most annoying person on earth learning punjabi..... imma starting to like her now πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: *RickStar*

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† wow the most annoying person on earth learning punjabi..... imma starting to like her now πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

🀣OMG this is egg-jactly the first thought that entered my mind when I first read the articleπŸ˜† I didn't know anyone else besides me thought kareen was annoying😳

_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: JK_5

🀣OMGthis isegg-jactly the first thought that entered my mind when I first read the articleπŸ˜†I didn't know anyone else besides me thought kareen was annoying😳

πŸ˜† hai rabba eh kudi taan buhot annoying hai but i loved her chup chup ke film πŸ˜† mein changi tara beh ke dekhi si πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†.... welll jiiii.... duniya buhot chuti hai buhot log aap ki tara sooch te ya... πŸ˜ƒ
Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: *RickStar*

πŸ˜† hai rabba eh kudi taan buhot annoying hai but i loved her chup chup ke film πŸ˜† mein changi tara beh ke dekhi si πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†.... welll jiiii.... duniya buhot chuti hai buhot log aap ki tara sooch te ya... πŸ˜ƒ

I'm sorry bro but I HATED each and everyone of her movies INCLUDING omkara🀒 that was SUCH a boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee let's not even talk abt chup chup ke it was basically ANNOYING😑 I can't believe u can actually stand her moviesπŸ˜† I like her as a person coz i don't know her personally so can't say i hate her but I hate her as an actress🀒 she should've been a model insteadπŸ˜›