Search archive Comment

Print this article

View Comments

Gauri Pradhan

Mayuri Kango

Gauri and Mayuri to team up

Bosom buddies will appear together for the first time in Daag

Sapana Patil

Mayuri Kango of the film Papa Kehte Hain fame has been away from the spotlight for some time. But not any more. The actor will be seen doing Nawman Mallik's Daag to be launched on Doordarshan next month.

"The serial is a complete family drama. It has elements of suspense and thrill and has been approved by the channel," said the producer Nawman Mallik.

The title track of the serial has been penned by lyricist Nida Fazli and sung by the veteran Jagjit Singh. Mallik has earlier made Neem Ka Ped for the same channel.

The show will also have the likes of Faraaz Khan (who played the lead opposite Suman Ranganathan in Fareb in the late 90's) and Ayub Khan who is currently playing the lead in Zee's Kasshish. Says Ayub, "The story is about how two sisters get married to wrong people."

The show also stars Mayuri's bosom friend Gauri Pradhan and model Gul Hameed. When asked however Gauri, says,, "I don't know what's happening yet. It all depends on my dates. Though I would like to do it."

However, the producer maintains, "She is doing it. She has already shot for it." Sudha Shivpuri who plays Baa on Star Plus's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi too essays an important role in the show..
The cast is currently  shooting for the show.

Kango is now married and settled in the  U S.  She was not available for comment.

Posted: 18 years ago
read abt it.......ne ways thanx pour le poste
i cant see her with any one else than hiten. they are the best couple on this earth.

whoeevr likes gauri and hiten watch them in ksbkbt and leave s.s and our pair areyandeepika for us.

uu see what u like and let other ppl see what they like. as we cant change each other's opinion.

as i think aryan-deepika and bhanu-gauri is best, far better than ght....