•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Good morning, Mumbai!

< content=10/04/2007 name=date>
Shakti Anand and Gurdeep Kohli will be hosting the morning show of a new channel
Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ranjib Mazumder

After Ek Ladki Anjaani Si, Shakti Anand is all set with his next project. This time, the actor will be hosting a show tentatively titled The Breakfast Show. Gurdeep Kohli will be the co-anchor of the show.

Although, Peter Mukerjea's new channel INX is yet to come on air, they have meticulously planned their morning shows unlike other channels that always concentrate on primetime shows. For the morning slot, they are planning a host of other shows that will feature prominent faces.

Shakti says, "I have hosted only one show in the past which was Crime Patrol. It was a very serious show. So, when I was offered this show, I was very excited as it was very different from whatever I have done earlier. It's definitely a refreshing change from the soaps that I have been acting in!"

The show will have different segments like health, fitness and chat sessions among other things.

The one thing which has Shakti most excited is that the show will feature a lot of celebrity guests. "I am really looking forward to interviewing celebrities. The show's mood will be light-hearted," he adds.

Isn't he worried about the morning shows grabbing fewer eyeballs? "I think a lot of housewives watch television in the morning. And I really don't care about the TRPs," says Shakti. The channel will be going on air this November.