Bidaai Articles Archive - No Comments - Page 103

Posted: 13 years ago
http://www.hindustantimes.com/I-m-on-ground-zero-now/Article1-625221.aspx

I'm feeling like a newcomer right now, ready to take on a challenge," says producer Rajan Shahi, whose first-ever daily soap, Sapnaa Babul Ka Bidaai, goes off air this weekend, following a two-hour long Maha-episode. "I'm a bit tired, running around and figuring out all the star
performances for the last episode of Bidaai. I really want each one to go off well."

Holiday first
Shahi will go on a family holiday before kicking off two of his big projects, rumoured to be for two leading channels. "When Bidaai went on air, I had promised to take my daughter for a holiday the day it ends. She is on school vacation. So we can take off immediately," he says. "As for the new shows, I can just tell you that I'm ready to prove my worth as a writer and director once again, apart from being a producer. The shows will be innovative family content that I can watch with my little daughter in the same room."

The director-turned-producer harbours mixed feelings right now to see the curtains close on his flagship show. "It had become a lifeline. I'm feeling like a father parting with his daughter at her bidaai ceremony, the daughter I'll not get to see again," says an emotional Shahi, who launched three more shows following the success of his debut production. "At the same time, there's gratitude because the show is exiting when it was still doing well, after running for over three years with fantastic ratings. It has made my production house what it is today."

After spending 17 years in the industry, he admits that repeating Bidaai's triumph will be impossible. "My next works may not go beyond Bidaai. But I'll try to live up to the standards set by it," he adds. Gulaal, produced by his one-time boss Sunjoy Wadhwa, will replace Shahi's show in the slot and he's not complaining: "I've directed two shows for Sunjoy. And his show replacing mine is like an extension of me. I couldn't have been happier."

Bidaai timeline

October 2007:
Bidaai launches with 4.6TVR, replacing Meri Awaaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni.
December 2007: Rose to 5.4 TVR starting with the episode  of Ragini's marriage breaking up. 
March 2008: Reached 6 TVRs with Sadhana and Alekh's (Sara Khan-Angad Hasija) wedding.
October 2008: Touched 8.8 TVRs with the Taj Mahotsav event featuring Hema Malini's dance performance.
October 2008 ' January 2009: Ratings continue in the 6 to 8 TVR range.
January 2009: Soared to 9.6 TVRs with Ragini-Ranveer's (Parul Chauhan-Kinshuk Mahajan) wedding.
June-July 2010: Seven-year leap. Ratings began to dip, the range was 2 to 5.
October-November 2010: Show stays between 2 and 3 and wraps up.

Fly To Bangkok-Pattaya Or Drive A Ducati : Options For Apurva This Diwali !
- Planet Bollywood Special Correspondant           Let us know what you think about this story

Actor Apurva Agnihotri made a great debut via Subhash Ghai's 'Pardes' but unfortuntately he got over shadowed as the leading man of the film was a certain Shah Rukh Khan!

Quite undeterred Apurva went on and worked in films like 'Pyaar Koi Khel Nahi' and 'Lakeer (with Sunny), 'Krodh' (with Suneil Shetty), 'Kasoor' (with Aftab) and 'Hum Ho Gaye Aap Ke' (with Fardeen), to name few.

Click Here!
However, it was with Sony's 'Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin' that Apurva became a household name.

So what is latest with Apurva?

Well, with 'Diwali' round the corner, here is what the actor says," Either a Ducati or atrip to Bangkok-Pattaya. As of now a Bangkok looks more certain than the superbike."

Whatever! We wish Apurva the best of times with the option he chooses!

My Dog

I love chilling out with my doggie, Hollywood who is a cocker-spanial. When I come home, he sits on my lap, cuddles up and licks my face. No matter how tired I may be, somehow I always have the energy to play with my doggie. My husband and doggie cheer me up.

Not that health freak

I'm not a health freak. In fact, I am everything opposite of that, unlike my husband Apoorva. I don't go to the gym or run in the open or play any sports either. Neither do I practice yoga nor meditate. I guess I'm genetically gifted so as to not put on extra weight.

Love reading

I read every night before sleeping. Books totally have me hooked on to them. I read anything and everything from fiction to romantic novels to thrillers. Even if anyone recommends a particular book, I will make it a point to read it.

Movie Buff

I'm a total movie buff and I watch almost any reasonably good movie whenever I can. This helps me to unwind regularly. I also watch the television regularly, mostly English entertainment channels. I do enjoy playing on my gaming console. My house used to be a gaming adda where Apoorva and I would call our friends over and play games till late night.

Relaxing methods

I'm not much of a beauty salon person but I like having scented candles around while I'm having a relaxing bath. I also love getting a back massage as I suffer from frequent backaches. I love eating out especially junk food while hanging out with friends and have a great time.

Edited by ANJANA - 13 years ago

Kinshuk-Parul to introduce Sushant-Ankita on Jhalak..

Saturday, November 27, 2010 | 4:47:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    35 Comments
Kinshuk-Parul to introduce Sushant-Ankita on Jhalak..

The inaugural episode of Jhalak will have popular names of small screen introducing the present season contestants..

Sony TV's Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, we hear will have a huge inaugural episode with contestants from the past seasons of the show introducing the present season's contestants. 

An insider from the industry informs TellyBuzz, "Each and every contestant of the show will be introduced by popular faces on screen, and this element will make for an interesting watch". 

We also hear that the celebrities introducing the contestants will sizzle on the dance stage and decisions on this is being taken at the moment.

The first few names we hear are Parul Chauhan (of fame Bidaai) and Kinshuk Mahajan aka Viren of Star Plus' Chand Chupa Badal Mein. Being one of the favorite couples on screen, they are tipped to introduce Ankita Lokhande (of fame Pavitra Rishta ) and Sushant Rajput  aka Manav of Pavitra Rishta respectively. Parul  Chauhan and Kinshuk have rehearsed on the lovely track Pee loon.. from the movie Once upon a time in Mumbai.

The shoot for the introductory part of the show is going to held on 1st December.

We contacted Parul Chauhan who confirmed the Buzz, "Yes, being an ex-Jhalak contestant I have been chosen to introduce one of the participants of Jhalak this season, but I can't divulge the name. It would be unfair on my part."

Kinshuk Mahajan too confirmed the news of doing an introductory part for Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.

Keep watching the same for more on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa!

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar
Previous    Next
Kitty Party for Bidaai cast

STAR Plus' Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai which bid adieu to the viewers on the 13th of this month had a kitty party organized by the actors to keep them associated with the show. The entire cast of Bidaai came up with this idea to have a Kitty party every month. Recently their first kitty party was organized which was attended by Kinshuk Mahajan, Ashita Dhawan, Apoorva Agnihotri, Rajan Shahi, Seema Kapoor and few more.
Edited by krithikas - 13 years ago
ou are here: IE   Story

Apurva Agnihotri in Bidaai

AddThis
FontLarger | Smaller
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Print
  • Mail This Article
  • Comments
  • Add to favorites
  • Chaya Unnikrishnan Tags : Posted: Fri Jun 25 2010, 15:38 hrs

The eight-year leap in Star Plus' numero uno show Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai has two of its popular actors, Kinshuk Mahajan and Sara Khan, exiting from the show and new ones coming in. Sara will be shown to be dead and Kinshuk's status is not clear yet. However, according to sources, Sara's death is a gimmick and she will come back later while Kinshuk will continue in a different role.
    Apurva Agnihotri will be the new entrant opposite Ragini played by Parul Chauhan. As Anmol, Apurva will play an extremely positive role instrumental in bringing back a smile in the Rajvansh family, which is grappling with a tragedy. He, however, is not willing to talk more about his character. "I am hoping to make a place for myself in this hugely popular show," is all that he is willing to say.

Apurva was last seen with his wife Shilpa Saklani in a reality show Pati Patni Aur Woh. Says Apurva, "These reality shows have really spoilt us.They go on for a short period and bring good money," smiles the actor who has consciously stayed away from soaps of late. "Most of the serials offered to me were village-based and I don't see myself playing a zamindar. I think I will be a misfit," he grins. Also, he was busy helping his wife Shilpa who is keen on setting up a production house. "She is creative and good behind the camera," he says proudly.

Apurva Agnihotri
    The three things would be my mobile phone, my wife Shilpa and my house keys.
    Apurva Agnihotri
    With Kinshuk Mahajan 'quitting' Bidaai, buzz is that Apurva Agnihotri might be replacing him. But seems like Apurva himself is pretty clueless about his role!

"I don't think I'm replacing him," said Apurva when we spoke to him, giving us ample reason to think that Kinshuk might be back in the show again! Kinshuk's exit anyway does seem like a publicity stunt for the show. So doesn't Apurva have any apprehensions that some time in the future Kinshuk might return to the show? "Not at all," said the actor diplomatically, "My policy is to just make the best of whatever is given to me. My only worry is to do my scenes well." Out of sight might be out of mind for some, but Apurva doesn't believe in that. He hasn't been seen in any show for a long time now, but that doesn't disturb him. "I was not keen on the rural scene that was dominating TV for so long," he said calmly. "I couldn't see myself playing a zamindar. Also, reality shows had spoilt us actors. But now, I'm all set to do dailies again."
    Let's hope the audience is ready as well!

Read more: Apurva's clueless about new role! - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Apurvas-clueless-about-new-role/articleshow/6082124.cms#ixzz179PlHwbF

Apurva Agnihotri's pregnancy woes!

IANS, Sep 22, 2009, 09.39am IST
    Email this article
    Save this article
    My Saved articles
    Reduce font size
    Increase font size
    Share on Hotklix
    Share on Messenger
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Yahoo Buzz!
    Hotklix Digg
    Google Bookmarks StumbleUpon
    Reddit Newsvine
    Live Bookmarks Technorati
    Yahoo Bookmarks Blogmarks
    Del.icio.us ApnaCircle
    Apoorva Agnihotri and Shilpa Saklani in a still from the reality show 'Pati, Patni Aur Woh' More Pics
    Television actor Apurva Agnihotri is yet to become a father in real life, but the actor has already had a brush with the ordeals of pregnancy when for a reality show he donned an empathy belly to experience what a nine-month pregnant woman goes through.

As part of NDTV Imagine's new show "Pati Patni Aur Woh", Apurva and his wife Shilpa Sakhalani, along with four other celebrity couples, are required to go through various stages of parenthood.

In the first few days of shooting, the female participants had to don an empathy belly, but since Shilpa couldn't do it because of her back problem, Apurva had no option but to pitch in and he doesn't have too many good memories of it.

"Initially I thought it would be a walk in the park. But within half an hour my back was aching, my head was spinning, I was giddy, I couldn't walk and neither could I lie down," Apurva told IANS, while sitting in his colourful and well-maintained villa, hired especially for the show.

"I was hoping it would be removed off my chest in a while because I am a man and because I wore it only due to Shilpa's back problem. But I had to wear it for around one and a half days. It was traumatic, but then I managed somehow.

"The belly was really heavy, around 15 kgs. And the last thing you can do with it is sleep. You actually feel that someone is sitting on your tummy and shivering and you just want the person off you. It was bad," he quipped.

Apurva, who is best remembered for playing the bad boy in Subhash Ghai's "Pardes" as well as for essaying the role of Armaan Suri in popular TV show "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin", is otherwise quite happy to receive "free training" on the show and so is his wife.

"We have learnt a lot in the infant stage. From A-Z, we are completely trained (as parents) now. I can be a nurse or a nanny now and can give tips to my friends. It's perfect guidance and free training for us," said Shilpa.

Asked why they decided to take up a show like this, Shilpa said: "The incentive was the novelty of the concept. It's a never heard or seen before concept in India. It was also a break for us from singing and dancing shows, from repetitive, scripted dramas that looked fake, seemed fake and made us feel fake. Thankfully the concept was different, that's what brought us in."

Even after getting twin kids for the infant stage of the show, the two actors are not complaining and are rather happy with their decision to participate.

"Parenting skills is one aspect of each other we didn't know. Now that we are in this set up, we have seen how well both of us will react in such a situation. The bond between us has been strengthened more and that's one plus point of the show till now. And we hope to start a family soon after the show," said Apurva.

"Pati Patni Aur Woh", which also has Rakhi Sawant-Elesh Parujanwala, Juhi Parmar-Sachin Shroff, Mouni Roy-Gaurav Chopra and Gurmeet Chaudhary-Debina Bonnerjee as participants, will premiere Sep 28.

Read more: Apurva Agnihotri's pregnancy woes! - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Apurva-Agnihotris-pregnancy-woes/articleshow/5040860.cms#ixzz179QrgnmC

Apurva Agnihotri in Bidaai

-A +A
    Font
    Chaya Unnikrishnan Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 1538 hrs IST
    The eight-year leap in Star Plus' numero uno show Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai has two of its popular actors, Kinshuk Mahajan and Sara Khan, exiting from the show and new ones coming in. Sara will be shown to be dead and Kinshuk's status is not clear yet. However, according to sources, Sara's death is a gimmick and she will come back later while Kinshuk will continue in a different role.
    Apurva Agnihotri will be the new entrant opposite Ragini played by Parul Chauhan. As Anmol, Apurva will play an extremely positive role instrumental in bringing back a smile in the Rajvansh family, which is grappling with a tragedy. He, however, is not willing to talk more about his character. "I am hoping to make a place for myself in this hugely popular show," is all that he is willing to say.

Apurva was last seen with his wife Shilpa Saklani in a reality show Pati Patni Aur Woh. Says Apurva, "These reality shows have really spoilt us.They go on for a short period and bring good money," smiles the actor who has consciously stayed away from soaps of late. "Most of the serials offered to me were village-based and I don't see myself playing a zamindar. I think I will be a misfit," he grins. Also, he was busy helping his wife Shilpa who is keen on setting up a production house. "She is creative and good behind the camera," he says proudly.

Before he took on Bidaai, Apurva had three other offers, which thankfully for him had city-centric stories. "I know that rural backdrops are dominating the small-screen but slowly the scenario is changing and urban settings are being weaved in," he points out. The reason he opted for Bidaai was mainly the director Rajan Shahi with whom he has worked earlier in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. In fact, the actor till date is best remembered for his role as Armaan-sir in this path-breaking Sony show. "Rajan is a very good human being and though he is a hard taskmaster I know how he functions and am comfortable with him," says Apurva who is hoping that a sequel to Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin is made. "I have suggested this to the producers Deeya-Tony Singh, I would love to be a part of it," says the actor, who catapulted to fame with this serial. He was later seen in Kaajal Sabki Aankhon Mein Basi and reality show Nach Baliye.