How well do you know punjabi?

Posted: 16 years ago

sat shri akaal!

kiddayaan

okie i have seen in my past years which is not many that alot of young punjbi kids do not know how to speack punjabi. i think that is pretty sad so i want to know how well do you speack like do you speack with an accent or perfect? do you understand everything or alittle?

well meri punjabi to ek dun teek taakwa menu sari samaj andi nala mein bol sakti hoon๐Ÿ˜ƒ

do tell me your views!

I soooooooooooo agree with you Manai๐Ÿ‘ It's so sad to see the state of young punjabi generation๐Ÿคข My mum always says she made mistakes with her older 3 children(ma bros and sis) but ain't repeating the same mistake wid me๐Ÿ˜ณ That's why she put me in punjabi class even before kindergraten started๐Ÿคฃ She always taught me how to read and write in punjabi but for some strange reason I only picked up how to read and didn't learn how to write๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜† But now she has put me in an actual school class where I learn how to write punjabi and even though I really suck at it I'm still making SOMEEEEE progress๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฃ I'm VERY proud of the fact that i can speak and understand PUREEE punjabi although i do have problems writing it but god willing that's gonna go away soon๐Ÿ˜›

aww so sweet! and so so true! its a shame to see so many Punjabi kids dont know Punjabi.. a lot can actually speak and understand but cant read or write!

I too am very proud for the fact that my parents helped me out, and so i can fluently read AND write Punjabi, as well as speak and understand ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
i know if my kid did not speack in punjabi i would slap some punjabi in my kid! ๐Ÿ˜†
Haan Manpreet.... chungi gal kehi...tussi... ermmm well for me well my parents didnt acutally teach me punjabi i mean in terms of reading an writing... if they did it would have been much better.... but yea most people do understand like Luvneetu was saying ๐Ÿ˜ณ... but thennn i said to ma mum that i think i should learn it it will come handy some day say we get kicked back to Punjab ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† phir othe ja ke engrezii maran di gal nehi huni..... punjabi vich sara kuch hunda ya.... etc sooo i started learning at skool.... and there was only a few of us so we was easy to teach lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† one way haha of learning was the teacher would put punjabi songs on haha most of the times we would be dancing   ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ but was fun.... and today coz of uni studies n that.... i have kind of forgotten some stuff.... but it just takes me longer to read..... but as soon as studies done back to punjabiiiiiiiii ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
hehe one of my friends (Ena.. she came here a few days ago) learnt Punjabi by reading the backs of Punjabi CD covers ๐Ÿคฃ now thats creative! ๐Ÿ˜†
!!!!!Yes ..Me too !!It doesent mean that they are born or licing in any country they forget their mother hood

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† i can speak punjabi proper!:.

but cant read it dat good
can rite it...copying? ๐Ÿ˜›
and i can understand it aswell
I am not too good at speaking though see my mom and dad everyday speaking!!๐Ÿคฃ
Nor I can read and write..but den if a punjabi who can speak is talking to me..I am all ready to speak however!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Nice topic!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Originally posted by Xx..uvt..xX

hehe one of my friends (Ena.. she came here a few days ago) learnt Punjabi by reading the backs of Punjabi CD covers ๐Ÿคฃ now thats creative! ๐Ÿ˜†

wow really~!