Punjabi Channel

why why why punjabi jokes only?!

diyafah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Oh yes!We all get so damn angry and annoyed at times when they crack sum silly sardar ji jokes!It's often told that Sardar's are brainless and all..and we all r on the verge of getting totally at rage!

So guys why do u think they do this kind of jokes.Like if we do on marwadi/sindhi jokes they are show up the red face den why the "SINGH's" get on target!

Since we all are punjabi's and it's a punjabi channel,it's good to share ur point of view here!

Guys please refrain from becoming this Discussion a controvery one!😃

Can anyone make it a DOTW..[if possible]

Thank you!!!😃

Cheers

Anureet 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~*manai*~ thumbnail
great post anu!
i know i see that all the time like in shows they always have the punjabi in this really wierd accent! i really makes me wonder why they do that?
_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great topic jii..... Not sure why people do that.... but some people find that stuff funny... an i guess a way to target sardar people... i mean them jokes are totally stupid...an yes annoying to..... ...
Angelic_J thumbnail

Oye u chorified my DOTW for next week😭 I was planning on discussing this very thing but u posted it now😳 Oh well I guess I'll have to come up with something else😛

A very nice topic BTW and something that's very close to my heart as well😊 I simply HATE the way present Media prtrays Sikhs and Sardars All these stupid people who think it's Okay to crack jokes at another community need to be fed to the hungry sharks🤢 I swear If i had the power I would make them sleep in a room full of paagal dogs😡 Instead of showing what our punjabi community really is about the movie people MOSTLY elaborate on some of our features and make them look degrading compared to other communities and have made so many degrading stereotypes about out community😭 For example most of the non-sikh people think sikh guys with turbans have HUGE bellies falling out of their shirts😡 Most of the hindi movies also show us a dimwitted idiots, out to make fool out of ourselves. It's sad to see our punjabi's are doing the same thing so we can't blame any particular community of degrading us I really wish someone standa up against this b🤬 happening to sikhs all around the world

People PLEASEEEEEEEE check this video out and I'm sure all of u will hang ur heads in shame as I have done it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUHEu3obhO8  I feel like beating the 🤬 🤬 out of these 🤬 🤬😡 Just look at the way these idiots are wearing turbans😡

Jazzzy thumbnail
i too get mad whenever punjabis/sikhs are portrayed in indian movies/shows as silly duffers who only know bhangra, say stupid things, and are the jokes of each conversation

punjabi/sikhs are barely shown to be proud, intelligent, and sensible individuals on indian tv and that makes me 😡
Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed to some extent.. i mean i totally find it disgusting the way they portray some Sardarji's in movies (bollywood) or shows n all.. they make em look like CLOWNS! and such useless ppl who can jus pull stupid faces and act like idiots.. they also dress so shabbily

On the other hand, sometimes sardarji's are very well presented in films, and shown to be very smart indeed! 👏 but the majority show em to be weird!

BUT as far as Sardarji jokes are concerned.. cmon be a lil light hearted.. i mean i honestly find SOME of them offensive too, but generally Sardarji jokes are quite funny, as long as they dont degrade Sardarji's and stereotype.

Oh the contrary, the reason why Sardarji jokes are SOO popular and famous.. and still going today, is coz Sardarji's in general are one of the very few ppl in the world who are able to stand back and laugh at themselves once in a while, and accept jokes cracked about them. and jus take it in a lighthearted manner.. Anyone else would get heavily insulted and spoil the fun (i've actually read about this somwehere too!)

In fact, dont kno how many of u know this but Sardarji's are KNOWN to be very very smart and educated..within India or anywhere, Sardarji's have the reputation of being very smart! and if u read he jokes carefully, u'll notice that most jokes involve a Sardarji being a smartass, or doing something in such a smart way, however funny it may be, the sardarji is usually always intelligent and smart in the jokes.

Acha bahut jyada hi likh dita 😆 plz share ur views on wat ive wrote too 😃
cheri thumbnail
I agree instead of using the term 'sarderji' cant they say someones name i mean its just so UGH 😡
_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@luvneet Theres many views about this can go both wayz... really but i understand what ur saying as well luvneet ji...i mean as a sardar ji myself some jokes can go overboard but yea some can be funny from the way the jokes been done i mean theres 100z of jokes to do with sardar jiz now...some may of started off from some person an then people took it too far an copied jokes an made them worse i guess....about stopping it its really hard to stop but ignoring the fact that can be done.... u urself know what sardar jiz are like so shouldnt care what other people think....i mean sardar jiz around the world have been called a lot worse than this... but still it happens .... but yea should stop i mean its too much.... 😛
~*manai*~ thumbnail
omg jot just saw the vid i am 🤬 🤬madd 😡
~*!Ripi!*~ thumbnail
some jokes are okay but somee goo to too far..
like i was in a thread today that had some really mean ones and i posted a link to this thread there..and it didnt seem like they cared but oh well..
and yess i agree some i find funny and are okk...but then here are lot that are just too harsh and nott nicee