Book Talk

DOTW-One part that touched my heart

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago
I am sure all of us have read some books that were totally awesome, in some books a few parts were good and some were not!!!

So here share with us your favorite part of any book, that has and will stay with you the rest of your life!

That one part that touched your heart and give you a lesson to carry with you for the rest of the life, which is what books are meant for!

So please come forward and describe that one part and why you loved it so much?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madsoul0226 thumbnail
interesting topic =]

hm.. i recently finished reading the handmaid's tale.
its a very weird and unique book full of puns and inside jokes.
I can't say it touched by heart but it def. left me thinkin abt the future. the book is about a point of veiw of the author that if certain things went certain ways today, the world would be changed completly. e.g the birth rate went down and all of a sudden women become a natural resource with no use but to give birth and repopulate [giving abortiong become a illegal].

i love the whole book itself. the author got the idea of this book from the bible so u cant really call her nuts for thinking of such a book.
this book is def. a satire. She makes fun of the human race itself, and how hypocritical we all are.
lotus2007 thumbnail
Hi angel_wings nice topic.but you knowe its not so easy to describe all the memorible parts of every book iv read becouse for me every book i read is awesome.and i cant discribe them.sorry 😭.
sangitadas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
A very nice topic angel. 👏 👏 👏

Most of us who love reading books have favourite authors and swears by them.

Now here comes to interesting parts. I read Paulo Coleho's "Eleven Minutes" sometime back and I loved the parts that the protagonist Maria wrote in her diary regarding the meaning of love in life.

*** Will add the portion later from home ***

Sorry for the inconvenience
sparkling_gems thumbnail
gr88 topic to discuss.. but it is really hard to portray just one scene out of one whole book let alone all the books i have read by now...
But at the moment I can recall a scene from the book which I read recently "Women in his life"

The scene was like ( I'm telling it in my words)….

Where Hero of the book came to know that the mother (she was dead, when he was around 4) was not his mother actually.. infact he was product of out of a wedlock and when his nanny told him about this secret of his life and later asked that is he hurt coz of this.. he simply denied and what he said later was really touching..

He said may be … (his biological mother) is my birth mother.. and Ursula (his foster mother) was very very special to me but for me you are my mother as you always took care of me as your own since I was one… Teddy too became emotional here..

There was one more scene which was quite senti.. where Camilla, his second wife passed away…

All I can say the whole book is awesome, and a must read, at least I think so…
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Awesome topic!

Many books have touched my heart... Especially the books that deal with inner conflicts of the main characters. 

I especially remember one scene from "The Secret Life of Bees" when the protagonist comes to know the truth about her mother.  It was so touching about how the whole truth was revealed to her and how it took it and learned a lifetime lesson form it.

Many more parts from different books just touched my heart but can't think of anything at the moment.  Don't blame it - it's like 11:28 PM. 😳