Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
Hello everyone๐Ÿ˜›welcome 2 this weeks Discussion of the week. Thanks a lot to Manai for putting up last weeks DOTW.

Now I had a hard time figuring out what to put up for this weeks DOTW until I saw the advert for Mitti Wajaan Maardi.

Now we all know HMann is a fantastic singer, and he's gained recognition in India and overseas....so why the need to act in films?

And he isn't the only one, we've seen the likes of Gurdas Mann acting in films

so why do these successful singers feel the need to act in films?
do their films make them even more famous?
or should they simply stick to singing because that's what they're good at?
any other singers you know of who have starred in films?
were they any good?

Please join in this weeks DOTW๐Ÿ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
it probably makes them feel better abt themselves!! ๐Ÿ˜†
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Also i dont think that Singers get the recognition that Actors get...so their trying to promote themselves.

Nowadays Actors are starting to sing too!! whats the need?
Jazzzy thumbnail

besides the singer becoming more famous, cause actors get more exposure, all these punjabi singers turning actors is helping the punjabi entertainment industry. hindi culture is widely known across the globe because of bollywood and its influence of movies. any punjabi movie made should be supported because it will help punjabi culture survive and perhaps even get global recognition one day. remember, punjabi bhangra is givin us punjabi's around the world already a good identity.

yes, especially if the film is a hit/super-hit.

should they simply stick to singing because that's what they're good at?

they should keep on singin too but if they can act in a well produced movie then they should and we should support them by watchin their movies.

currently besides harbhajan and gurdas mann, babbu mann starred in two movies (hawayein-hindi, and rabb ne banaiyan jodiean), and sarbjit cheema has made one movie too (pind di kudi).in the past malkit singh, surinder shinda, and hans raj hans have made their own movies too but they are really old and i've never seen them.

were they any good?

pind di kudi starring sarbjit cheema was pretty good and had a good theme and babbu mann's rabb ne baniyan jodiean was ๐Ÿ˜•. babbu's movie was decent but he looked more like a villain than hero.

Edited by Jazzzy - 16 years ago
_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Jazzzy

besides the singer becoming more famous, cause actors get more exposure, all these punjabi singers turning actors is helping the punjabi entertainment industry. hindi culture is widely known across the globe because of bollywood andits influence of movies. any punjabi movie made should be supported because it will help punjabi culture survive and perhaps even get global recognition one day. remember, punjabi bhangra isgivin uspunjabi's around the world already a good identity.

yes, especially if the film is a hit/super-hit.

should they simply stick to singing because that's what they're good at?

they should keep on singin too but if they can act in a well produced movie then they should and we should support them by watchin their movies.

currently besides harbhajan and gurdas mann, babbu mann starred in two movies (hawayein-hindi, and rabb ne banaiyan jodiean), and sarbjit cheema has made one movie too (pind di kudi).in the past malkit singh, surinder shinda, and hans raj hans have made their own movies too but they are really old and i've never seen them.

were they any good?

pind di kudi starring sarbjit cheema was pretty good and had a good theme and babbu mann's rabb ne baniyan jodiean was ๐Ÿ˜•. babbu's movie was decent but he looked more like a villain than hero.

Yea i agree with u on most of the talk lol.... was good reading it... yea i agree babbu maan did look like a villain lmao the funny bit was when he jumped out of no where with a Agentina football shirt on.... lol in india as well haha that cracked me up about the story that was really good poor acting thats the only part...

nice topic ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Jazzzy thumbnail
Originally posted by: *RickStar*

Yea i agree with u on most of the talk lol.... was good reading it... yea i agree babbu maan did look like a villain lmao the funny bit was when he jumped out of no where with a Agentina football shirt on.... lol in india as well haha that cracked me up about the story that was really good poor acting thats the only part...

nice topic ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

lmao...was that when he was savin his girl and kid in the movie?...it was like he flew in from outa nowhere...haha...the crane holding the girl up was hella funny too ๐Ÿ˜†. i think babbu mann's movie was suppose to be a comedy ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Jazzzy - 16 years ago
Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i'll answer this in a bit.. but jus wondering.. why do we have TWO DOTW's right now? ๐Ÿค” maye we should close one and then open it next week for DOTW
dropsleaves thumbnail
i have not watched the movie
-- I think they're just promoting themselves and by using their songs in the movie, it definitely helps their fame!

-- Depends on the actor/singer, honestly. Some singers.. just can't act and some actors.. just can't sing.

or should they simply stick to singing because that's what they're good at?
-- I think they should stick to what they're good at.

were they any good?
-- Harbhajan Mann.. he's an okay actor and singer. He would pass, yeah. I don't believe Gurdas Mann is a good singer though.. he is a good actor, yes.

Awesome questions!