Star of the week - PARTICIPATE :@

Angelic_J thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Punjabi Channel Dev. team has decided to come up with "STAR of the week" thread😃 This will be a weekly thread where we will give you guys one Punjabi Star and you guys can discuss ANYTHING and EVERYTHING related to that Star😛

Here are  few rules EVERYONE is expected to follow:

No personal attacks on members.

PLEASE refrain yourself for going over the board with criticsm for the stars. You are allowed to criticize the stars but please do so while being within your limits😳 

PLEASE refrain yourself from posting one liners such as "I agree" or "Same here" as your ONLY reply to the post. If you're quoting someone then it's fine but one liners as your only reply is NOT acceptable. Try your best to have a constructive discussion😳

Now for the MOST important rule, NO CHATTING😳 I don't wanna see ANY chatters in this thread😡 I know some of you are probably swearing at me right now😭😆 but friends we need to do more than just chat in our section😛

It's a request guys PLEASE follow the above rules😃

I would now like to take the liberty to announce the VERY FIRST Star of the week for our channel😛 But lemme me give a short intro to him **Not like he needs any introduction but I'm only doing it for the sake of it☺️** He is the EVERGREEN star of punjabi cinema who has taken Punjabiyat to a WHOLE new level⭐️ A punjabi family who hasn't heard of this star is not worth of calling themselves Punjabis😡 He has more than 25 Punjabi albums and 17 movies to his credit He also has numerous achievements in Bollywood and has become a worldwide brand name😛 Now without further delay I am PROUD to announce our very first star of the week in none other than *drumrolls please*

GURDASS MANN

Jot's mind: ***Hair rabba just look at him😳 He's giving his "aseesaan" to me😳😛***

Okayyyy ji back to the task at hand😳😆

Now some of you might be confused about what to discuss😳😆 sooooooo here are a few pointers you can discuss:

Do you like Gurdass Mann? Why or Why Not?

What is it that you like about him or you DON'T like about him?

What are your feelings towards  this man?  (i.e are you proud of his achievements or you don't care)

Do you think he is OVER-RATED or UNDER-RATED or exactly where he should be?

How much do you think he has helped Punjabi peple raise their heads in honour in front of other people?

In your opinion what best quality of his attracts people like magnets?

Remember guys there are just a few pointers to get you started so please feel free to add anything else you feel like😃

Have fun discussing🤗

IF Dev. Team😃

Edited by JK_5 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Star of the Week What can i say about Gurdas Mann... Theres many things i can go really deep haha lol but i wont dont wanna bore u people to death lol... 😆... I think Gurdas Maan was the first person i started listening to in the Bhangra industry....i know there were others but his voice was out there an the fire of energy he has.... i mean even today many years after he still has that in his live performances... I mean he aint just a legend in Music wise even the film industry if u compare some of his films from the old n the new theres a huge difference in his acting from his new film warish shah people might have thought it was boring coz it was based on a old story an setting.. soo the dialogues were also old....I myself thought that was a good film overall n the music was wonderful...But his best film i have seen was desh hoya pardes... such a touching film i mean his acting in that was just normal he never over acted his scenes... it was just about right...anywayz now lets answer some of Jotpreets questions lol.... 😃

Yes i do like Gurdas mann as a performer and a singer also a song writer as well... i remember when he came to my home town in England an he wrote a song on the plane and he sang it for us... i mean hearing it before it was even out was wonderful... the song was called Vilayatan 😳.... the way he sang it live wasnt as good on CD tho... so i guess life time opportunity as they say it lol 😆... He is one big icon of punjab serious the likes of Daler Mehendi has learnt from him and im sure many more have...

Well his singing... the songs which he has writern himself thats not apna punjab hove 😆 😆 .... his performance probz the biggest i think.. i mean watching him live than on TV is totally different....... but there are times say when ur listening to a number of his albums they can get boring after a bit.... haha some say hes scary "LUVNEET" 😡 😆

What are your feelings towards this man? (i.e are you proud of his achievements or you don't care)

Well There was a time where he bought a huge impact to the bhangra world for a all time achievent award he should be one who should get it... as hes been there from the start lets say n still going on... and alwayz shows a positive result towards his singing...

I think he aint over-rated or under-rated hes on the border line of the two... He dont show that hes the best singer ever he believes everyone is the same they all are performers at the end of the day...Like u can say someone like lehmber is over-rated now.... like since when he started he was a hit just one song but he did have albums before it but when that song hit mainstream... everyone loved him... Gurdas Mann at first i dont think his songs used to take off that well.... an people were used to other singers then as well such as surinder shinda, Chamkila, Laal Chand Yamlajaat.. etc...

How much do you think he has helped Punjabi peple raise their heads in honour in front of other people?

I think he has done his share i guess im not 100% sure what he has done but....yes he has helpt young tallent out the become better singers....

In your opinion what best quality of his attracts people like magnets?

To me i think the way he expresses his music across... an the way he brings the audience in....

Erm this is all i got so far ill add to it if i get more.... an Jot nice topic... good person to start off with 😃 Edited by *RickStar* - 16 years ago
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
great write up JK 👏 👏 👏 will edit this n give my views
Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
haha geez thanks Sukhi.. now everyone's gonna think im horrible coz i reckon hez freaky.. don't kill me ppl! ahhh i should run now 🤣

Ok in all honesty, i think hez alright. I mean some stuff about him, i can bow down to him for.. and its really credible 👏👏 other things, ugh. well i mean nothing personal, he just sorta freaks me out at times

I like: a lot of his music is great, very catchy and the lyrics are amazing.. very traditional style and heart touching. I give respect to the guy for what hez brought to the Punjabi scene in terms of music

I dont like: how he is in some of his video clips.. i just find him a lil cocky and i dont like the way he presents himself at times. I also find a lot of his music repetitive and some of it is a lil slow n dull for my liking. But hey, thats just not my style.. might work for others.

What are your feelings towards  this man?  (i.e are you proud of his achievements or you don't care)

As i said above, yes i give respect to the guy for his achievements.. its not easy wat hez achieved, and he sure deserves credit for it.

I reckon hez over-rated.. and btw great question 👏 There are soooo many talented singers out there who don't get the respect and fame they deserve.. Gurdas Mann has taken over the scene (not as much anymore but he had before) and his tracks are so so similar to each other.. the same style each time.. I'd like to see him come up with something different. Like i LOVED collaborations, but then again Shinda made that track.. so i dunno man.. its just something about him.

If Punjabi people need someone like him, or anyone, to help raise their heads in front of others, then they're in serious trouble.. u should be proud of ur heritage regardless and not need someone to prove it for u.. thats ur own job! But if u mean whether hez made us proud, then yeh sure, he has made some great music which has become known throughout India and given Punjabi's more recognition.

I think its his traditional style, and the lyrics..

_sukhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
😆 Che che che luvneet... ur just scared coz he dropped u when u was a baby lol... bachariiiii lol... he aint scary man... but true i agree the music is the same... but his songs most of them have meaning n that.... an dull well not all just the type hes good at na....i dont think hes overated jiii 😡 😆 i mean ok not now then coz now he dont do much but his writtern work has come out now... which is quite gud... but if it was a all time singer he would defo be it 😃
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Interesting!

Will edit my post and reply a bit later 😳
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ummm...i like him but not enough to scream everytime he's on TV...hes a great performer & singer...His songs are getting kinda repetitive rite now...he needs to think of something new!

I like his music. His songs/lyrics are great!their like really catchy and wont come out of my head for a while...he's really brought punjabi music out of it's shell and its really growing rite now! what i dont like is how he presents himself sometimes in video's...little weird and not like himself😕

I'm proud of him for bring punjabi music so much fame...it's not like there were many punjabi music b4(at least that i know of)...i still remember his one song "apna punjabi hove.." i would say that it was his best yet...

ummm...thats a tough one...i would say that hes like inbetween. he doesnt get a lot of fame like before but he doesnt try so hard to get back to his earlier position...

ouch...i dont think we really need a singer to raise our heads...if we do then, wow we're in serious trouble! i mean by singing how can he make us look better? 

I think his religious songs, cuz he's punjabi😆, and his lyrics

manny2rock thumbnail
He is a true performer....When he came to Bakersfield in California i was amazed how he kept the audience involved in the whole thing even though it started raining hard and the stage was set outside because the place was crowded....Usualy people leave when it starts raining but people stayed there and they din't care about the rain....It was the first time i saw him there and i din 't like him very much b4 but after that concert i was crazy.....

1 song i really like about of his "ek phool thod leen de ni ek phool thod leen de...phoolan da garoor kyun kare"...

So guyz tell me wats ur fav song of his??
--> Yeah, he's a great singer and is an amazing actor. Loved him in Des Hoya Pardes.

--> I don't like to see him dancing.. 😆 He can't dance.. I like his voice and his acting. Very good. 👏 👏

What are your feelings towards this man? (i.e are you proud of his achievements or you don't care)
--> For the most part, I don't care about any actor's achievements, but he's one of the few ones left and that is truly great.

--> Hmm, I think he's a bit underrated. I don't hear much about him anymore.

--> I don't think he affects our raising our head in front of other people.. 😉

In your opinion what best quality of his attracts people like magnets?
--> I would say his voice and traditionalism that he has kept throughout this whole time!