Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

2 Parts of Discrimination

CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

I really like how they showed both parts of discrimination in yesterday's episode unlike other shows where only person is put down ๐Ÿ‘ The discrimination towards light and dark skinned girls is shown here, and the mami, who bosses around and leaves everyone speechless was left speechless herself after she heard the women talking behind her back. That was very well shown how dark and fair skinned girls/familes are affected by society just because of their skin color.

The first part -  how the mother looks down upon Sadhna since she is fair and pampers Ragini

The second part - how society looks down upon Ragini because of her dark skin and always places Sadhna in front and taunts Ragini's mother because of it

I feel really bad for the girls who care so much for each other and try to support each other inspite of negative vibes from everywhere. The concept of this show is very realistic and which will take this show a long way.

Wud love to hear ur views on this as well๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Teesha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I agree Kru...The concept seems pretty intriguing n even I was glad for the fact that it showed both parts of discrimination...

Usually the bad one does all its bad deeds first n then gets punished...However, I was really glad to c Maami get it back frm the others as well...

n I also second ur point abt it being realistic...Indeed it is very...

However, wat I find very cute in the storyline is the bond btwn Sadhna n Ragini...Their support for each other n the understanding they share...I hope unlike other serials, this bond continues to stay strong n we c Sadhna n Ragini together always...
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
agree with u Kru, the 2 way discrimination shown is very real.

Kaushalya's expressions change the moment she sets her eyes on Sandhana and there is a quick change when she is sees Ragini. But appreciate that Mamaji is really impartial towards both of them.

This is a fact that in our society dark color is looked down upon, and that is really very well shown in this serial.

I hope the love btw these 2 sisters remain as is and grows even more and neither Vinu ki Maa, nor any1 else separates them. They really support each other well.

Its so nice to see Ragini supporting Sadhana and not being jealous of her.

Yeah, it wouldn't have been fair if they had only showed the mom discriminating against Sadhna. It is showing both parts of it. This is one of those rare shows where they show both and I was really glad to see it. ๐Ÿ‘
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I agree, the best part of the show is definitely Rag-Sad reln. Rag's mom doesn't realize that she is making Rag feel worse by saying she needs creams etc. Luckily Rag-Sad reln stands strong thru all this ๐Ÿ‘