Director produces new drama

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Director Rajan Shahi, who has directed shows like Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, Saath Phere, Mamtaa, Milee, Saathi Re, Virasaat as a director and Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan and Maayaka as a series director, has opened a production house called "Director's Kut" and its first show is titled Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai which went on air on Monday.

The show features veteran Alok Nath, Vibha Chibber (of Chak De! fame) and fresh faces Parul Chauhan, Sara Khan and Ashita Dhawan besides Mahesh Thakur. Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai is the story of a beautiful girl Sadhna whose beauty becomes a curse for her. It is the story of the relationship between two sisters who have a difference in their complexion. The dark complexioned sister in the show is called Ragini.  The show's first schedule was in Agra as the story's backdrop is Agra. They shot at the Taj Mahal. "I consider Agra a very auspicious place. I did not want to shoot Agra on a set in Mumbai. I wanted to get the authentic feel," says producer Rajan Shahi.

The subject of the show is not outdated as people in our country still associate beauty with fair skin.  The show Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni has been rescheduled to 8 pm slot to accommodate Sapna Babul ka Bidaai.  The USP of the show, as claimed by the producer, is its simplicity.

www.deccan.com

Posted: 16 years ago
thansk for the article shruti 👏