* What matters to you? *

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

to another Discussion of the Week.. only @ Fashion & BeautyπŸ˜‰

You must be wondering.. what matters to me?

Well, we often say that a person's beauty is inside them. Their principles, the way they act, what they believe etc. but we often jugde people on outside beauty.

Why do we do that..?
 Have you ever ignored a person who isnt in fashion not knowing that their inner beauty might be?
 Have you ever been in that situation?

Well thats all for this week! Do share your opnions on this matter!

Love,
Fashion & Beauty Devt Team
(gk_09, bollycrazy, .:Ashi:.)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Great Discussion Gurprit!!

Yeah i know many people do judge a person purely on looks and fashion.

That if they do not dress well the they are this and that...but i do believe in beauty within!

What os the point if a person is good looking, dresses well, have knowledge in F and B, but does not know Basic Good principles in how to respect others and treat others well.

But Yeah i do not have a clue why we simply do judge people on outside beauty, i guess it's just human nature to do this, give everyone a stereotype, If they do not dresss well or look good then they must fot the catergery of being this or that. 😳

I don't ignore people of whaqt they look like, i think or i hope i give a fair chance to everyone regardless of any sort of image or backround.

Yes well i think i kind of have bene in situation of Jealousy from distant counsins. That they live abroad and so I buy my trouser suits etc, toh ignore me as of fact they r jealous, so i was told my ppl wen i asked them why do these ppl not talk to me, wht have i dont to them? IMO i think its stupid, judging someone on way they look/dress.

But i think we do rate others on how they look 😳 but i dont think we rate their personality on it though.

-Saira
.:Ashi:. thumbnail
Awesome DOTW, gurpz πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Very true..people judge from the outside, not knowing how to person is from the inside. Though, i myself do not. I think Saira has said it all..couldn't have explained it any better 😳 😳

~Ashi
Whatisthisss thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
of course i judge ppl by their looks...if they look trashy and all, i def aint gonna approach them πŸ˜›
its the truth...looks do matter...so ppl gotta stay tip-top πŸ˜ƒ
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I know many people who judge others just by a mere glance at them, but I, myself, don't or at least I hope I don't do it, even unintentionally 😳
Thanks Ashi. πŸ˜›

Yeah i think we all do rate ppl on how they dressed for the occasion, but i don't think like i said we rate that much what they are like as a person. 😳And if we do do it, I think we do it unintentionally. 😳

I guess it all just comes down to sterotyoing, If they fit a certain look, then you class them in a certain way. 😳
sabrinaa. thumbnail
I personally like people who mix and match, cuz for me it shows that they're their own person. It shows what they are, it describes them. 😳
I do look closely at how people dress, and it does matter to me, but deff. not as much as their inner personalities. 😊I think people deserve much more than anyone judging them or anything without having a clue on their personal characteristics and personalities. πŸ˜›
Overall, i do look at people's sense of dressing//style, but it doesnt matter more than their inner feelings and personalities for me. 😊
Thats all, great discussion. πŸ‘ Edited by Sabrinaa xo - 16 years ago
-x-Riddles-x- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
First impressions, really do count, y'kno.
Personally, its not whether a person is attractive or not, just that they do maintain themselves.
(as much as id like to say i dont) i do go for looks. But then again, if its very good looks but a boring-az personality... then goodbye.

Like my very own (good personality) bf, Varun would say: Personality counts... looks just count a bit more.
Id like to see someone who tries to keep themselves in shape, gets their eyebrows done etc etc. Those people that say Looks dont count for them at all, lie.

Personality is the icing on the cake though. Personality can make you fall in love with a person, even if they're the ugliest ever. Or it can make you get so annoyed that you cant stand that person's face, even if its cute as a button.

I do look out for a person's personality. I dont ignore people if they aren't attractive, but I do make my own opinions of them and jump to conclusions.

Everyone is beautiful though. Seriously. If you think about it, the person you think is so disgusting in looks... if [s]he was to star in a star plus soap opera, with all the foundation and eyeliner, they would look a million dollars.
-Pinky- thumbnail
Originally posted by: -x-Riddles-x-

First impressions, really do count, y'kno.
Personally, its not whether a person is attractive or not, just that they do maintain themselves.
(as much as id like to say i dont) i do go for looks. But then again, if its very good looks but a boring-az personality... then goodbye.

Like my very own (good personality) bf, Varun would say: Personality counts... looks just count a bit more.
Id like to see someone who tries to keep themselves in shape, gets their eyebrows done etc etc. Those people that say Looks dont count for them at all, lie.

Personality is the icing on the cake though. Personality can make you fall in love with a person, even if they're the ugliest ever. Or it can make you get so annoyed that you cant stand that person's face, even if its cute as a button.

I do look out for a person's personality. I dont ignore people if they aren't attractive, but I do make my own opinions of them and jump to conclusions.

Everyone is beautiful though. Seriously. If you think about it, the person you think is so disgusting in looks... if [s]he was to star in a star plus soap opera, with all the foundation and eyeliner, they would look a million dollars.

thats being very honest πŸ‘ πŸ‘ and i completely agree with u!