Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GIU*SRK* thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
hi!!Congratulations on yet another part! thanks for the interview, i love him, is so intelligent, so cute, i love him forever, is the best!
Rukkii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey everyone! hwz it goin? oh, about the game it looks easy but cant think (shame) - sorry but are u sure its wrtten corectly - am really sorry! its just that i thought it was;

'bahut pyar karta hoon main tumse' dil se!
but it doesnt work!! lolz! hope someone gets it soon!!
Beebigirl thumbnail
Congratts with the new FC👏, it's going fast!
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats on the new FC....👏

Thanks Reema di for opening it so quickly...

Shellz: of course we all remember you....😆
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Kiruti

Hello me too a SRK fanatic... May i join here?

sure welcome to our lovely FC and hope u will have fun
srklicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: RuksarSattar

hey everyone! hwz it goin? oh, about the game it looks easy but cant think (shame) - sorry but are u sure its wrtten corectly - am really sorry! its just that i thought it was;

'bahut pyar karta hoon main tumse' dil se!
but it doesnt work!! lolz! hope someone gets it soon!!

ur absutly correct jaan its rite
srklicious thumbnail
ur welocome guys for intereiw i know it was a sweet interview.
srklicious thumbnail
Shah Rukh Ran Through Fire for Om Shanti Om

Om Shanti Om is a film set in a 'film backdrop'…

Yes, the much-awaited film is all about the making of films and is set in the '70s. It will portray the film industry of the '70s, the bell bottoms, side locks, flashy, colourful shirts et al. I think the term Bollywood is a coinage of this period as it witnessed the making of the maximum number of classics. I have grown up watching these films. I love Sholay, Amar Akbar Anthony, Zahreela Insaan… and Rishi Kapoor's romantic films. My name in OPM is Om Prakash Makhija as my father in the film is a huge fan of Om Prakash.

Are the characters inspired from any actors of the '70s?

No. We have deliberately not spoofed anyone. Everyone has a distinct style and they are all stars of the era. Arjun Rampal is a big star and looks like Vinod Khanna of Khoon Pasina. But he is not a spoof of any actor and neither is Shreyas or Javed Shaikh. After the initial two months of the script, I decided that we will not spoof at all as that will take the emotions away and a love story can't be a love story without emotions.

What will be the difference between the '70s and the 2007 film industry in OSO?

When the film goes into 2007 you will see a huge difference especially in terms of the media presence. There are things like the Dare-E-Disco song and the heroes coming late on the sets and changing scenes. There is also a scene where fans are waiting to hear the star's comment and after they see him there are comments like 'Yaar yeh to gidda lagta hai' and 'real life mein itna handsome nahih hai yaar'. I have heard this on so many occasions that I decided to use it in the film.

I believe that you ran through fire in one of the scenes and actually burnt the sets at Film City for your death scene?

Yes, but thankfully there was no injury unlike in Koyla where my entire back was burnt. I had done it before but now there are much more security measures. I had poured lot of water on myself before the fire sequence. Fire is a very important element in the film as he dies due to fire and the fear remains even in his next birth. We burnt the whole set that we had created in Film City. I remember when Manmohan Desaisaab had done that in Naseeb he destroyed the entire 'Kanch mahal'.

It is said that you have already earned Rs 50 crore from Om Shanti Om?

That's ridiculous and complete misinformation. I am a little disturbed by this news and I am upset with Farah for speaking about it. I will shout at her after I finish this interview. If I have earned Rs 50 crore from the film already then it means that the film has been sold for Rs 85-90 crore and I am wasting my time speaking to you here. I should be in the Caribbean having wine. I think it is very superficial to say that I have made an X amount of money as an actor. It is for the producer to know how much money the film has made and as an actor I should only know whether the film is a hit or not. If I were honest I would say that Chak De is the most successful film of the year.

But these days, actors are being offered Rs 15 to 18 crore for a film…

I have never been offered that kind of money and I am not open to anyone who wants to offer me money and not make a film. I do 2-3 films a year and don't want to be a part of the rat race. It is strange to know when I read that the film has made Rs 200 crore. I produce my film for say Rs 10 and sell it for Rs 12 and always make money from it. If I sell it for 15 rupees and the film does not work like in the case of Paheli, I will refund my distributors. That's the reason I have made money in all my films except Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani.

Saawariya is releasing along with OSO. Your reaction…

It is as simple as my son going for a fight. I am not scared about the opposition but I am just scared about my son. My only concern is that he should do well. I am not scared of any other film as such. I wish that OSO also had a solo release like Chak De but it's okay. I had planned my release in July and although I knew that I wanted a Diwali release, I announced it in July as I sold my film that time and asked my distributors book the theatres. Sanjay was not sure at that time as he was busy with post production. If I knew that time I would had changed my date. It makes no difference to me if my film comes a week ahead or a week later. I would have had loved to release the film on Nov 2, which is also my birthday.

Ranbir came and met you on the sets…

I have seen Ranbir as a child and like I said Rishi Kapoor is my friend and an integral part of my film. He came on the sets and wanted to speak about his career and Saawariya. He calls me Shah Rukh Sir and all and I wish him all the best.

But there has been media war between Farah and Sanjay…

Sanjay is my friend and he has given me Devdas, the best film of my career. I don't know about Farah and Sanjay however. Rishi Kapoor and Anil Kapoor are fantastic people. Salman is brilliant and Rani is family. Sonam and Ranbir I have seen growing up. My competition is Sanjay and the stars of the film but Columbia Tristar and I think I am big enough to compete with them. I wish Sony and Columbia all the best as they have taken a big chance fighting with me.

There are reports that you will be working on a thriller with Yash-Raj soon…

Not true at all. I think Ittefaq was the last thriller that Yash-Raj made. I wish I can work on a thriller with Yashji and I am trying to convince him right from the time we did Darr to make a murder mystery.

There are also reports that you want to remake Deewar…

No, I have no intentions of making any remakes. I have done two remakes in Devdas and Don only because both the directors were keen to make them. Don was exciting simply because it had a different ending from the earlier version. I don't think Deewar can be remade because the drama and the writing is dated now.

MumbaiMirror
srklicious thumbnail
Up, close & personal with Shah Rukh Khan
King Khan bares his heart and soul...

...before the release of his forthcoming movie 'Om Shanti Om' as he is waiting with bated breath for the release of his fim. In a candid one-on-one with Omar Qureshi, Sharukh Khan speaks on the making of the film, the song featuring who's who of the Bollywood industry and the damsel - Deepika Padukone.

On the song featuring who's who of Bollywood:

There is no closely guarded secret. The song features almost everybody in the Bollywood who was available and was a game to be a part of the movie. There are lot of senior actors who are there in the song including Mr Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Saira Bainu, Dharmendra, among others.

On people not in the song:

Zeenat Aman is not there, I would have loved her to be a part of the song, unfortunately Praveen Bobby is not alive any more and I wish Sanjeev Kumar was part of the song. However, some people couldn't be the part of the song because of the time structure and availability factor -- Aamir Khan was shooting for his film out of town. I would have liked Feroz Khan and Fardeen Khan to be a part of the song. Till the end, we were shooting with Diya Mirza and Amisha Patel to make them part of the film, if not the song. So most of the people are there and for those who are not there, I will make 'Om Shanti Om' part II and request them to come.

It's quiet a power statement coming from King Khan?

No, its a love statement that exists between most of the actors and actresses in the film industry. We really don't have issues working with each other. The feeling of camaradire that exists between the co-actors is fun and I am highly obliged and grateful to them, especially the way they came and shot for the movie as if it was their own. I personally think that it is their film. The movie has become more special and better because of the presence of all my friends and I do miss some of them. The presence of so many stars under one umbrella is a statement on the oneness that exists in the film industry.

On being protective about Deepika Padukone:

I am very protective about the line she says, the scenes she does and about the way she dances, however, as far as her personal life is concerned, I am not protective about her. Otherwise it would mean that in personal life also I would say 'I love you' to her, which I don't. These are things and matter of her heart and mind and what media builds it up to be. I remember Hemaji telling me once -- either you are very famous or I am very well known, that is why people create controverises between us. So, either Dhoni is very big or Deepika Padukone is a big star and when I was watching T20 match, I realised that Deepika Padukone is a big star and Dhoni is hundred percent a very big star, so small stars like you and me should shut up and not talk about big stars.

On playing Muslim characters in movies like 'Chak De' and now 'My Name is Khan':

I have just finished the movie called 'Om Shanti Om', where is the Muslimness in that. I do whichever film comes my way, whatever character . All in all, I have done 52 films and I have never played a Muslim character except in 'Hey Ram'. So If I have played Muslim character, it doesn't mean that I am moving towards some trend. Let me be very honest, my performances like Rahul, Raj, Kabir or Khan are as secular in nature as an artist or an actor's performance ought to be.

Watch the video here:
http://www.timesnow.tv/NewsDtls.aspx?NewsID=3849

ibnlive.com
srklicious thumbnail
Get Ready to Play SRK in Don on your Playstation
The Bollywood bandwagon looks all set to take on board the rising console gaming market in India.

Tired of playing Lara Croft in Tomb Raider or Neo in The Matrix Trilogy on Playstation? Get ready to play or Shah Rukh Khan or Abhishek Bachchan in Dhoom in Don on your Playstation.

The Bollywood bandwagon looks all set to take on board the rising console gaming market in India, what with both Sony and Microsoft now counting on production houses to lend their movie rights to the gaming world.

Sony, the maker of the Playstation, is looking to tie up with the likes of Yashraj Films and UTV to develop games based on their franchise movies for its latest Playstation 3 and Playstation 2 gaming consoles. "If Harry Potter or the Simpsons can be rage among console gamers in the US and Europe, why can't a Dhoom or a Chak De India be one among Indian gamers," says Atindriya Bose, country manager, Playstation, Sony Computer Entertainment.

The company is in informal talks with production houses in India for acquiring the required IP rights for developing such games. The move comes as Sony is looking to ramp up its presence in the console gaming space in India. The company had recently slashed its prices for PS2 and PSP to Rs 6,990 and Rs 8,990 respective after heavy competition from Microsoft's XBOX 360.

Currently, most of the game development for Sony takes place in the UK, but the company is looking to bring this to Indian shores as well. According its sales and marketing director Tim Stokes, the company is scanning for local studios from India to develop games for the Playstation franchise. "We are planning to launch a developer program for studios in India to help them develop more content for Playstation platform."

Sony has already tied up with music labels like T-Series and Sony BMG for copyright of songs for its upcoming Indianised version of SingStar, where players compete to sing songs on the console and actors from the film sway to the beats played. "The next version of this gaming franchise would see more directory of songs and we are already talking to other labels like Saregama for the same," Mr Bose told ET. Sony is also working with quiz master Derek O'Brien for an Indianised version of its quiz game Buzz.

PS3 has had to compete against Microsoft's Xbox 360, which had a lead in the market due to its earlier launch in India. Since that time, Microsoft has extensively marketed the video game console in the country. The company also launched a gaming title based on cricket, called Yuvraj Singh International Cricket 2007, showing its commitment to customising its titles for Indian tastes. Now even the software giant is looking to cash in on Bollywood.

Microsoft has tied up with Percept Picture Company and UTV for providing exclusive content on its Xbox Live online console gaming service. Gamers logged onto Xbox Live would be able to see trailers of PPC's Hanuman Returns and other movie content from UTV's stable. Content from Love Story 2050, starring Priyanka Chopra and Harman Baweja, would also be made available.

"We would like Bollywood to offer its intellectual property for gaming content. We are starting with broader entertainment content which is non-gaming content," said Robbie Bach, global president, Microsoft Entertainment & Devices (E&D) Division. According to research firm iSuppli, India's video-game console market is expected to grow to $125.4 million by 2010, rising at a CAGR of 75% from $13.3 million in 2006.