Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
srklicious thumbnail

Karan Johar's "My Name Is Khan" Project

Friday, October 26, 2007

SRK's next film about post-9/11 bias against Muslims

Mumbai, Oct 25: Bollywood superstar ShahRukh Khan says his next film will look at discrimination faced by Muslims after the September 11, 2001, terror attacks in the United States.

Khan, who like many prominent stars in the Indian film industry is Muslim, has faced extra scrutiny after the 2001 attacks in the United States.

"If you travel internationally with a Muslim surname, you might be considered as a terrorist," Khan told a newspaper.

"At London airport, every time I go, people recognise me but they see my second name and they give me an extra checking," said the star, who is known for his successful romantic comedies.

Khan said he had experienced greater religious discrimination abroad, though India, which is majority Hindu but home to 140 million Muslims, sees regular sectarian violence.

"There is no difference between a Khan and a Kumar surname here but internationally it makes a difference," he said, referring to a common Hindu surname.

The film will be titled, "My Name is Khan," and it will be directed by Khan's friend, Karan Johar. Shooting was expected to begin early next year and the film to be released in the summer.

zee news

SRK, Kajol to act together

By Our Correspondent
Friday October 26, 01:05 AM
Shah Rukh Khan reportedly said that he is free for some time as he is not doing Shanker's Robot and Raj Kumar Hirani's next venture. He will now be working on Karan Johar's next film titled My Name Is Khan.

The shooting will begin by the end of December with a shooting stint in the US where the film is based. It is said that Karan wants to capture the US winter as it is a part of the script.

Sources reveal that the film brings together Kajol opposite him after a gap of over six years. Karan has been making frequent trips to the US to determine the look of the film. Presently, discussions over Shah Rukh and Kajol's look in the film and the costumes are in the final stages.

An industry source says, "The film My Name Is Khan is about how people with Muslim names are viewed with suspicion internationally after the terror attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. King Khan is extremely excited about this project and has been equating his personal experiences as a Muslim traveller abroad with the film's subject."
in.news.yahoo.com

Thursday, October 25, 2007

SRK ditched Hirani and Shankar for pal KJo

Shah Rukh Khan decided not to be part of the two films he had verbally committed to so that he can do close pal, Karan Johar's My Name Is Khan.

The King Khan had claimed he is jobless for next eight months as he is neither doing the Rajkumar Hirani film nor the sci-fi thriller, Robot to be directed by Sivaji maker, Shankar. He cited creative differences for parting with Shankar and it was reported that Vidhu Vinod Chopra's accusations had made him leave the Hirani film.
Earlier there was a strong buzz that Karan Johar's My Name Is Khan would be starting in May end with a shooting stint in the US where the film is based. But our sources inform, "The film has actually been pushed forward with principle photography beginning in December end. Karan wants to capture the US winter as it is a part of the script. SRK's equation with close pal KJo is legendary and any given time his first preference for a film project would be Karan. This film also brings back Kajol opposite him after a gap of over 6 years so the King Khan's preference needs no more reasoning."

Another reliable source informs, "Karan has been making frequent trips to the US for determining the look of the film amongst other things. Presently discussions over Shah Rukh and Kajol's look in the film and the costumes are in the final stages with everything else almost finalized. Such a phase for a film nowadays generally comes when the film is just about to begin. Had it been a May end start it would have been too early to arrive at this stage."

The Om Shanti Om star has often been accused of playing it safe by preferring to work only with his close circle of filmmakers that includes the Chopras and Karan Johar. While he had often refuted these accusations this latest example proves otherwise. He had the perfect opportunity this time with very unlike Shah Rukh Khan roles in Rajkumar Hirani's film based on Chetan Bhagat's best selling novel, Five Point Someone and Shankar's Robot but he seems to have wasted it.

The Karan Johar film, My Name Is Khan is about how people with Muslim names are viewed with suspicion internationally after the terror attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. SRK is extremely excited about this project and has been equating his personal experiences as a Muslim traveller abroad with the film's subject.
Abhijit Mhamunkar, Harshita Kohli, Hill Road Media
http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/October/Ne ws_20071024_245

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

British boxer Aamir Khan in Karan Johar's Khan?

British boxer Aamir Khan in Karan Johar's Khan?

Now this news might amuse you, or either baffle you… British boxer Aamir Khan in a cameo with ShahRukh Khan in Karan Johar's next My Name Is Khan…

If rumours are to be believed… the Olympic silver medalist could be playing a brief yet pivital role in Karan Johar's next magnum opus. The film is based on terrorism and its after-effects on an NRI Muslim couple (ShahRukh Khan, Kajol). Reports suggest that Aamir Khan will play himself in a 1 minute scene in which he is seen at a memorial ceremony for victims of terrorism.

Karan Johar is no stranger to getting celebrities to cameo in his movies, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna saw hot American model Saira Khan playing Abhishek Bachchan's wife in the latter part of the movie. Now it seems that Karan wants to touch the hearts of the British Muslims in the UK… by inviting the most popular British Pakistani in the UK, for a cameo.

What are your thoughts on this story… do you think this is a good ploy from Karan Johar… or is it just a Khan too many…

Source:http://www.radiosargam.com/films/arc...hars-khan.html

Together again!

We've heard that Karan Johar's next film will have buddies Kajol and Shah Rukh playing the lead pair
Sandipan Dalal
If sources are to be believed Karan Johar is hellbent on casting good friend Kajol as the leading lady in his forthcoming film. The film's storyline is not yet known other than the fact that the prolific filmmaker has been making frequent trips to New York and Los Angeles for research and scouting location. However, Kajol is yet to sign on the dotted line. A source close to the director says, "If all goes well Kajol will have much more than the routine blink-and-a-miss presence in a song sequence. Karan is definitely considering Kajol for his next film."

After having shot for Kunal Kohli's Fanaa, Kajol is gradually, coming out of her self-imposed exile. The actress has grand plans for hubby Ajay Devgan's directorial debut. According to another source close to the actress, "Kajol is definitely looking at doing more films now. Her focus is gradually shifting back to work. In fact, she is responsible for quite a few things in Ajay's film. If she has the time she might just pick up Karan's film." Interestingly, Karan has been asking Kajol to consider a full-fledged comeback for the last two years.

We have little doubt that ShahRukh Khan will also be a part of the film. Incidentally, the film will have a strong social message for which the filmmaker has already made trips to a few NYC NGOs. However, Karan is yet to finish his script and finalise the dates. As for location, the film will most likely be shot in New York.
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpa...152984f2ddd8f7

DDLJ duo back in biz

It's yesterday once more. The pair that created Bollywood history is back together. Yes, ShahRukh Khan and Kajol, the jodi who urged the nation to "Come... fall in love" more than a decade ago in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, will be seen again in Karan Johar's next film My Name is Khan.

"Yes, Shah Rukh and Kajol will be doing Karan's film," Bunty Behl, whose company Carving Dreams handles Kajol's brand account, told t2. "It will be great to see the pair together again."

And so it will, going by the hysteria the pair had created first in Aditya Chopra's love epic followed by Karan's magnum opus Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. That's the last time Shah Rukh and Kajol were paired together, dancing around the pyramids in Egypt to Suraj hua maddham.

Kajol did make a special appearance in the Mahi ve song in Kal Ho Naa Ho and the Rock '' roll soniye number in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, both featuring ShahRukh Khan, but that can hardly be considered as a comeback for the jodi.

Even when Kajol did make her much-awaited comeback last year it was opposite the other Khan, Aamir, for the Yash Raj Films production Fanaa. When Shah Rukh came on the inaugural Koffee With Karan show this season with Kajol and Rani Mukerji, he made it quite clear he hadn't even seen Fanaa.

Karan has always approached Kajol for each of his films but the actress, now the mother of Nysa, has always given him the slip. But now that she is back on celluloid, she has agreed to be part of Karan's next directorial venture.

When asked a couple of weeks ago, Karan had not revealed the casting coup simply saying that "no one other than Shah Rukh has been cast for that film".

He did mention that he plans to start shooting My Name is Khan some time next year after his assistant Tarun Mansukhani's multi-starrer (Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham, Priyanka Chopra) has hit the floors.

My Name is Khan is KJo's take on terrorism, about Muslims in a post 9/11 world and it won't be surprising if Kajol is seen as Shah Rukh's wife in the film, rather than his lady love running through mustard fields.

Source:http://www.telegraphindia.com/107091...ry_8335676.asp

srklicious thumbnail

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has received the Maha Style Icon award at the star studded MTV Lycra Style Awards 2007 in Mumbai.

The King Khan, attired in black trousers, shirt and light brown coat, received the award at the Andheri Sports Complex Thursday night.

"I am honoured to receive the award," said SRK, waving to enthusiastic crowds.

The glittering evening hosted by MTV VJs Sagarika, Cyrus Broacha and Cyrus Sahukar saw the Most Stylish Film Award going to Dhoom 2 .

The same movie gave Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan the Most Stylish Female and Male awards respectively. The pair also bagged the viewers' choice Most Stylish Couple (on-screen) award.

Hrithik also walked away with the Most Stylish Body and New Look awards.

Choreographed by Shiamak Davar, "Crazy kiya re..." from 'Dhoom 2' was named Most Stylish Song of the year.

The return of actor turned parliamentarian, Govinda , to filmdom gave him the Most Stylish Comeback award.

While Atif Aslam got the Most Stylish Person in Music Award, Anita Adajania Shroff received the Most Stylish Bollywood Designer award.

The awardees were selected by a panel of judges that included Farah Khan , Neha Dhupia , Raghavendra Rathore, Ramona Narang, Sheetal Malhar, Rohit Bal, Prahlad Kakkar, Manoviraj Khosla, Ambika Pillai, Narendra Kumar Ahmed and Mickey Contractor.

The high- voltage event was marked by electric performances by Shreyas Talpade and Atif Aslam.

Talpade stars with SRK in his next release Om Shanti Om .
srklicious thumbnail
Om Shanti Om vs Saawariya : The Final Set
Love All !

While the initial rounds had both Om Shanti Om and Saawariya trying to put their best foot forward, by way of breath taking visuals and grand song promos, round two saw the makers of both the big-budgeted ventures go in for merchandising and reality shows.

However, with the big day (November 9) less than two weeks away, Saawariya has fired its ICBM, a (slightly awkward?) towel-clad Ranbir, aimed at countering SRK's shirtless six-pack! This they have done through one of the best tracks of Saawariya, 'Jab se tere naina'.

Not willing to be cowered down, the Om Shanti Om team has bombarded the channels with Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's superb and soulfully rendered, 'Jag soona soona lage', featuring a heartbroken King Khan!

The ball is now firmly in the audience's court and it will be very interesting to see how they react to these and other publicity blitzkrieg, before casting their 'Diwali' ballot!
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for all the articles! 👏
srklicious thumbnail
ur welcome meera. btw do u know the anwers ffor the task 6 becouse i dont know some of them . hope u will know all of them 😭 😳
Kiruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: love srk

sure welcome to our lovely FC and hope u will have fun

Thanks a lot love srk[what shall i call u]😃

Well if u dont mind can i use ur 3rd siggy😊

Kiruti thumbnail
Wow Reema thanks 4 adding me dear 🤗

Will try to be regular here 😊
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
hello girls what's happening here? somehow managed to come here missing u all a lot
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
unfortunately we are out guyz 😭