Book Talk

*~*DOTW-Book Cover*~*

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello dears

Dont u think this is the time for another DOTW....So here it goes

Does a book's cover ever affect your decision to buy it? Which book do you think has a great cover?

Please hit the reply button and do answer

rgds

Book Talk Dev. Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lotus2007 thumbnail
Hi guys!
Cover dosent effect my decision to buy a book,coz the most importent is the story inside it.But I dont like paperback colourful covers.I prefer hardcover books,I love them.πŸ˜ƒ
I like Sharpe's series covers,but they are peperback covers.
Reason why I dont like paperback covers is that you have to be extremely careful with them.πŸ˜†

Lotus.πŸ˜‰
Khobsurat_11 thumbnail
yea, book cover doesnt change my decision about the book either, what matters for me is the story inside just lifelotus2007 said,

and my fav book cover is the BREADWINNER

and here is the cover of the book

Edited by Khobsurat_11 - 16 years ago
cool_pooja thumbnail
The bookcover does not really affect my decision however it does make me look at a book.. It gets my attention.. I think Jenny Cologan covers are quite attractive and make u notice a book! 😳
missy6892 thumbnail
I would be a hypocrit if i said that the cover of a book does not influence if i get a book or not. I do not do it purposly but an attractive cover is bound to get my attention first and it will probably end up being the one i will get. I guess we all sometimes subliminally do this, but i cant really help it, i dont go around looking for pretty books, they just catch my attention quicker.
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
the cover of a book, certainly draws my attention to it, but it does not really convince me to buy the same. but the synopsis at the back influences me more about whether i buy it or otherwise!!!
sparkling_gems thumbnail
Well cover of the book made me sometime to buy that book as what happens sometime I go to the bookshop to buy some specific book of some specific authors but unfortunately I cant get them then a book with some attractive picture fascinate and forced me to buy that book and luckily I dint regret on my decision . I thoroughly enjoyed that book.. but yaa if I want to read a book then no matter how bore or monotonous its cover, I will for it…