DOTW :: Does it matter to you...?

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Welcome mera pyaara doston!๐Ÿค—to another Discussion of the Week.. only at the Health and Fitness Section!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You must be wondering... Does it matter to you?

Well, you must have seen or heard people being bullied or ignored because they are fat, etc.. therefore other people judge you by the way you look..

Why do people often treat other people like that...?
 Have you ever ignored a person who is fat or overweight?
 Have you ever been in such a situation?

Well thats all for this week! Share your views and experiences with us.

The person with the best answer will be rewarded with a siggy.

So jet set GOO! Happy Posting!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Love,

Health & Fitness Dev.Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cheri thumbnail
I cant say anything coz I am fat ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
advil thumbnail
Originally posted by: Charming*Angel

Its always easier to laugh at someone else, and thats precisely what some people do.  Human beings have this instinct to be the superior and selfish and when they find something that according to them is a flaw in someone else, they take full advantage of it and make sure to utilise it to the utmost. However in this persuit they very often forget that the other person who may be fat , his or her feelings and morale can be hurt beyond repair.

No, so far no.Physical appearance is the least of my worries.Compatibility is the key word. So long we gel and have a good time together, his her or my looks why should they come into the picture ?Its the persons wit humour intelligences,aptitude and offcourse the wavelength I connect with , not the physical attributes.

Well, I personally am not overweight.So I never had to face it myself. But yes I do have friends who are above their weight limits, but they are also some of the best people to be with - fantastic human beings with great sense of humour and are very talented too. So to me their friendship means much more than these trivial things. Won't say haven't tried to make them lose weight...not by directly saying it, but by making them participate more in games like tennis, badminton by challenging them to a game๐Ÿ˜Š Then offcourse  there is  hockey, soccer and swimming.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Originally posted by: Charming*Angel

'cuz they dont have nething else to do

nope... but one time i tried to but never could do it right so ended appreciating them for themselves๐Ÿ˜ณ... i seriously despise fatness/obesity but not the person...if that person is veryy close to me i tell them to stop eating so much and if someone else asks me to serve them...well bechaare ... i serve them exactly as much as i did to myself๐Ÿ˜†

me? noooo neverrr... wanna know why??...'cuz i'm not fat!!!!!๐Ÿ˜†...sorry i mean...jee nahi ...kabhi nahi๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†

u shud say it directly ..  it affects more... believe me its better us saying than someone else... a friend of mine comes over and leaves...then the next day on phone i tell her that she gained weight... and then she promises to lose weight by the next time we meet๐Ÿ˜ณ
advil thumbnail
Originally posted by: 2smart4u

u shud say it directly ..  it affects more... believe me its better us saying than someone else... a friend of mine comes over and leaves...then the next day on phone i tell her that she gained weight... and then she promises to lose weight by the next time we meet๐Ÿ˜ณ

No, I would never talk such things,it takes too much effort..๐Ÿ˜†I believe that instead of making the person self conscious that way, there are far innovative ways to make the person excercise without the person realising it....that way the  person tries effortlessly ,has no complex in mind and the results speak..Actions speak louder than words...๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by: advil

No, I would never talk such things,it takes too much effort..๐Ÿ˜†I believe that instead of making the person self conscious that way, there are far innovative ways to make the person excercise without the person realising it....that way the  person tries effortlessly ,has no complex in mind and the results speak..Actions speak louder than words...๐Ÿ˜‰

yea yea yea...but it doesn't sound bad when i say it...did it when i told u........๐Ÿ˜‰

omg what happened to u????? u gained sooo much weight..does that sound bad?๐Ÿ˜†

advil thumbnail
Originally posted by: 2smart4u

yea yea yea...but it doesn't sound bad when i say it...did it when i told u........๐Ÿ˜‰

omg what happened to u????? u gained sooo much weight..does that sound bad?๐Ÿ˜†

No, becasue I haven't gained the weight.See I am not telling you..." Its time for your eye checkup..." ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: advil

No, becasue I haven't gained the weight.See I am not telling you..." Its time for your eye checkup..." ๐Ÿ˜†

oye sadele chachu u knew what i meant๐Ÿ˜† and i dont need an eye checkup...'cuz i saw in u something that no one else did...remember?๐Ÿ˜†sadele chachu๐Ÿ˜†
kabhi_21 thumbnail
I have sometimes been rude to friends and even my brother in hurting him..... so that they can lose weight..... well i believe sometimes negative motivation can work while sometimes its positive motivation that can work,

I remember one friend of mine in college, who was not affected by anyone's taunts, but when he liked a girl, he started exercising and got in nice shape and started looking handsome..... this is positive motivation.....

But i believe its important to make the person feel that its not healthy being fat, being a well wisher, its not your duty only to be good friend and talk sweetly but make sure ur friend is out of all hazards including health hazards out of fatness ๐Ÿ˜Š