Advice Corner

SOTW1: Unwanted attention

Posted: 16 years ago

Hey Guys,😳

Carrying on from Manshi's Topic Hot Topic of the Week,

Here is the next situation ( For everyone's information, not relevant to any one in particular's life, all names just exist for the purpose of this post!)

So the Situation is like this....

Suppose this time, a girl called Priya, sits in the same seat every lesson for when she has her Maths Lesson. Sitting opposite to her is a boy called Jay. Every lesson she catches him looking at her and she really does not like this attention she is getting from him. Every time she looks over, it appears he is looking at her and then when she looks up he looks away. In the corridors he tries to make coversation with her or in the common room where thy all hang out. So she really does not like this attention she is recieving.

What does Priya do? She can't tell him to 'stop looking at her' as she cant be 100% sure he actually is, and can't find out if he likes her in that way otherwise it could see that she is big headed.

But she feels uncomfortable , so what should Priya do, just ignore this unwanted attention after all it seems like a petty thing to complain about and so should she just not notice him?

So adive team, what advice whould you give to her?

And have you been in any kind of situation where you have recieved uunwanted attenntion of any kind even if you go to a shopping mall n you find people 'checking you out' what have you done about? Simply ignored it?

So guys,

Start advising the Priya's of this world😳

Love

Advice Corner Dev Team.😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tukz_REmix thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
she shud chnge her seat...she shud sit in csuch a place were she wil b comfortable n d guy cant cum neear him...if necessary she shud st in a diffrnt saet evryday...n aftr lesson she shud take her frnds n go away sumwere were d guy cnat go...like if deres ne place only 4 gals...still if she feels uncomfortable den she shud tok to him n make hngs clear..

So the Situation is like this....

Suppose this time, a girl called Priya, sits in the same seat every lesson for when she has her Maths Lesson. Sitting opposite to her is a boy called Jay. Every lesson she catches him looking at her and she really does not like this attention she is getting from him. Every time she looks over, it appears he is looking at her and then when she looks up he looks away. In the corridors he tries to make coversation with her or in the common room where thy all hang out. So she really does not like this attention she is recieving.

What does Priya do? She can't tell him to 'stop looking at her' as she cant be 100% sure he actually is, and can't find out if he likes her in that way otherwise it could see that she is big headed.

Well if she is uncomfortable, best thing change her seat ..then see if that guy is still having an eye on her. If yes, & she is sure she can just ask him to stop staring at herπŸ˜‰. If he still doesn't stop..ignore him, don't even look / talk to him...avoid him 😳

But she feels uncomfortable , so what should Priya do, just ignore this unwanted attention after all it seems like a petty thing to complain about and so should she just not notice him?

well as we don't know for sure..wht's in his guy's head...she has to be cautious. If he only stares at her occassionally ...then she can just ignore but he if starts following her & trys to get her attention / starts some conversation just to talk to her. then it better she says openly to that guy to mind his own business.

So adive team, what advice whould you give to her?

Same as above, change seat - observe - talk - take a legal action(if things go bad)

And have you been in any kind of situation where you have recieved uunwanted attenntion of any kind even if you go to a shopping mall n you find people 'checking you out' what have you done about? Simply ignored it?

i didn't quit get the term "checking u out"πŸ˜•

So guys,

Start advising the Priya's of this world😳

Love

Advice Corner Dev Team.😊

[/QUOTE]
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well the first time i'm posting here!😳
Thanks for the Situation Saira..πŸ‘

Hmm What Priya should do...

Well i think she should deffo try ignoring him..coz u know ignoring is always the best thing to do..And if he continues to check her out.. and it becomes sooo annoying that she really starts feeling very very uncomfortable.. she should go to him and just ask him, if there is something really special behind, beside her which he finds so appealing tha the keeps looking in her direction...or if his eyes are just like thatπŸ˜†
okay kidding.. i mean..she should ask if he's checking her out and tell that she doesn't like it at all and if he continues.. she will complainπŸ˜‰

Being in such situation..

Actually i've been through this at medical college and it was so annoying! there was a guy who was like obsessed with me for 2 yrs..
But the fact is i deffo realized he was checking me out..i mean as a girl u deffo se this things nah..The way someone stares at you....and i just kept ignoring him, till it became too much..all his friends started coming to me to tell abt him having a crush on me etc etc..so i decided to talk to him..coz it was too annoying..i asked him to stop sending his friends to me and that i didnt' like all the unwanted attention i got! i came to study here and nothing else

Well so i would say..ignore..and if it becomes too much..just confront him!

Hope this made senseπŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

LOve,
Gracella

.:Ashi:. thumbnail

OMG! this is what is happening to me!!😲
idk what to do..πŸ˜•

but its not in any class...its just around school campus...the guy is 2 years older than me...

Edited by .:Ashi:. - 16 years ago

I would tell to priya to ignore that guy...If she looks at him as well then that guy will think that she is interested with him as well!!! If its getting too much and she thinks that she cna't handle it then she should go and talk to him, tell him to stop staring at her because it is irritating!!!

For me, Yes i have been in such situations lotss of time!! And the best way to get out in this situatuins is to ignore it!! I remember there was this boy who used to stare at me, it made me soo uncomfortable that i could not concentrate in class, i had to go and talk to him!!!

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† do something crazy... πŸ˜‰
sonu! thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
good situation... hope all this make sense:-
1)     Priya can ask some friend who sits behind the guy to actually see if de guy is really staring at her.. b/c sometimes v tend to think wat v want and not what is really happening
2)     If it is confermed that the guys is reallystaring at her.. she shud start staring at him to.. b/c if he is juz checkin her out he will not stare at her to.. and if he likes her thn he wont b able 2 to his eys off her
3)     If the he guy is just checking her out thn, priya can talk 2 him asking abut wats the problem with him.

4)     If he doesn't reply her and is a total jerk thn at de end of de story de best thing to do is just to ignore him.. b/c ofcourse no1 will like to get involved with some1 who is totally senseless.. like u noe whn dogs bark u don't really get bak to thm and tell thm to stop barking.. u juz avoid them.
5)     In the other case whn de guy really likes priya.. she can talk 2 him n let him noe dat she is not liking all dis attention.. and ask him if he really feels anything 4 her.. n if de guys says dta yh he does feel sumthing thn if priya likes em to.. a luv story can start or watevr.. all de further decision will b priya's

WOW Great advice guys!!!!!

Yeah you can never be too sure if he is staring just into space or at you himself.

Ashi, yeah i think we all have been in this situation. I know i have been back around 1 and a half years ago....my friends used to tell me that the guy was doing it in French class. And after that i used to look up, and yeah did catch him, but i just looked away and ignored him. Yeah and that was him liking me, but well best thing there was to first ignoe it...and after did talk to him...But if its around the campus, maybe yeah he does like you, lol....so take peoples advice here as its amazing... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Well, this happens with girls all the time.  Unwanted attention is indeed really annoying! I think Priya should just ignore Jay.  I know it gets tough to ignore this kind of attention for a long time but she can should do that for a while.  Or she can change her seat.

If she feels really really uncomfortable then I suggest she should talk to Jay.  Sometimes things like these can take off a person's interest in a class and result in bad grades, which would be only hurting her.  So She should go talk to Jay like casually.  Tell him that she doesn't like him looking at her like that.. If she can't talk to him straight, she should just talk to a common friend if she has any and let him/her convey her message.

I have been in this kind of a situation in a couple classes before.  In fact, still at lunch this guy keeps looking at him.  Whenever I look at him, he looks away but I can feel that he is looking at me whenever I am there.... It was really annoying at first and I wanted to go talk to him about it but I couldn't' say anything not being sure that he was actually looking at me.  So I just started to ignore and now I am used to it.  I mean you can't really stop anyone looking at you, can you?  So, now I am pretty much used to it and it doesn't both me that much anymore.