Dekho magar... to end soon

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Dekho magar... to end soon

As it failed to keep the audiences glued

A Star Plus show going off air is always big news. Reason being that their shows, more often than not, are hugely successful. Quite like their show Dekho Magar Pyar Se that was launched with the usual publicity and expensive hoardings and is soon to be going off air. The show narrated the story of an obese girl initially, but soon lost track.
This soap was originally supposed to be different from the cliched saas-bahu soaps. but with every passing episode, it started deviating from the original story line and went down the road of the expected saas bahu drama.
Now, the second season has just about begun, and rumours about it going off air are already afloat. Despite changing its storyline, switching the lead actress and even changing producers, Dekho... just failed to click with the audience. The latest news is that Star has asked BAG films to wrap up the show as soon as possible.
 Being a joint production of Star and BAG, the show has been occupying the prime time slot on the show. "We've been given sometime but its definitely going off air," says an associate who doesn't wish to be named. "The show has did not work. We tried our best, but in vain. So instead of wasting money and time its better to wrap it up."
The 8 pm slot will now be taken by Aditya and Abhimanyu Singh's family drama Le Jayenge Le Jayenge. The shooting of the latter has been on in full swing. When we asked Kushal Punjabi, an actor in both shows, about its status, he said, "I've been hearing about Dekho... going off air. In fact that's the standard discussion everyday on the sets. Look, it has to eventually wind up because Le Jayenge... is replacing it for sure on the 8 pm slot on Star Plus. But, I can't reveal too much about the details because I'd rather the right people do the talking."
As our sources inform us, it will only be after 20-25 episodes before Dekho goes off air.  
* I've been hearing about Dekho... going off air. In fact that's the standard discussion everyday on the sets - Kushal Punjabi

ni its shouldnt go off air. i like this show.arial6blue
Well dat was too obvious dat Dekho would go off air, though it started realy well.Dekho was initially a romantic comedy based on da emotions of a rather less dan perfect figured girl Nikita Saren / niki.But da entire problems arose when da production house was changed from Prime channel to BAG.

BAG messed up wid da program completely as prime channel was takin it really well.It just changed frm a romantic love track to a thriller which couldnt attract audiences any more.Murders, killings n un natural happenings couldnot be accepted by da audiences

And instead of improvin it BAG just completely destroyed it n da biggest destruction was change in da lead actress, niki demanded an innocent faced heroine n sheweta was quite convincing in da role but shradda couldnt justify da role, ultimately nikki lost its innocence n just became a new character to which ppl couldnt associate wid

And now hardly 1 yr has gone dat dekho is goin off air n plz its a request dat make it go off air as soon as possible, coz dis program just SUCKS completely n nufin cant happen to a program whoz TRPs r even lower than 0.9 where as other programs r producin TRPs more than 12.0 so shame on Dekho.Only 1 thing is left now wrapping it up , which is quite difficult to do as da producer himself doesnt know wat to do wit a lost track which has changed so many dam times
dont like the serial... i think they should leave the space for new show
sorry if i hurt some one
ur avatar is brilliant life for rent
Is this a Joke or something? its stupidi bet they're paying them to keep it running
Its a stupid show! I feel its soooooooooooooooooo boring!!!! I want it to end so that a new serial can take its place!
its alredy endedn n insted of that its mum tum or hum
THANKSSSSSSSSSSS   GOD (END SOON) 👏
its about time it ends the story line has gone sooooooooooooooo boring 😆
😆 Edited by lil miz - 18 years ago