White-Safe Black- Not Safe

Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

recently when i was talking with a family member and one of them told her kids that stop playing with black kids and than she said go with your white friends. do people tend to judge by color whose safe and whose not safe? there was also a study showen that black kids think white are more safer. also one of my aunt whose kept on saying that this(where i live) is a all white area. i think everyone is safer than being in houston. what a fool she was😡

Do you think people judge by color whose safe and whose not?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yes, based on chances... whites are safe black are not... i have seen 9-10 years old black kids using filthy language most of the time and whites bear some restrain and have better manners...

Edited by qwertyesque - 16 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: Theatre

Do you think people judge by color whose safe and whose not?

It is reported that a higher percentage of black youth population is in jail vs same group of white population. While driving , I avoid going thru all black neighborhoods as a pre-caution.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
While there is no excuse for racism, you cannot turn a blind eye toward reality. It is sad but true that a lot of black people come from underprivileged backgrounds. Lack of parental attention, focus and goals in life most of them turn to a life of violence, crime, gang membership etc. They are more likely to do something inappropriate or reckless in comparison to other people. At the same time there is also the white trailer trash but in percentages the black people tend to be higher.

I do not consider myself racially biased; however, I am a lot more cautious when it comes to black people having and a few bad experiences with them. I do not hold anything against them, but I need them to prove to me that they are decent human beings. I have met several wonderful black folks who are great people, and I know that stereotypes are not true. It is unfortunate that the rest of the community makes it difficult for these good people.
Sunrise Coach thumbnail
Heh, I'm a Puerto Rican dude who was born n' raised in a black 'hood....I should definitely know that East New York, Brooklyn, NYC is NO place to be walking at 1am!

It's sad but true. White 'hoods tend to be a lot safer, while pre-dominantly black 'hoods are prone to more violence.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. In Long Island, you got Wyandanch, Brentwood, Amityville, Hempstead, Freeport, Roosevelt, Uniondale, New Cassel...the most dangerous areas of Long Island, and they've been black communities for decades. Those places have also absorbed most of NYC's crime rates from 20 years ago.

Now onto the white, or in NY's case, Italian 'hoods. Places like Roslyn, Babylon, Bellmore, Wantagh, Masssapequa, New Hyde Park, Westhampton, Center Moriches....those places are normally "dead" at night and mostly safe throughout the day. Crime in those 'hoods come as a shocker.

Too bad most of New Jersey is taking the brunt of NYC's old ways of being the place to avoid back in the 60s to 1992. Newark, Irvington, Camden, Hoboken, Jersey City....and that's soooo not all. Seeing ME in those places early evening is so out of the question...never have, never will.

I even watched a ABCNews story about Newburgh, NY....which is on the west side of the Hudson River in Northeastern Orange county, and the numbers, along with the videos, says enough about how horrible it is:

Over 50% of the city's population is way below the poverty line. Almost 60% are non-whites. More on the poor city? Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newburgh%2C_NY

So yeah, as sad as it is, if it's predominantly white, it's safe. If other, be careful.

The only exemption to this statement: Hicksville, LI, NY :) Desi-LICIOUS!
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

While there is no excuse for racism, you cannot turn a blind eye toward reality. It is sad but true that a lot of black people come from underprivileged backgrounds. Lack of parental attention, focus and goals in life most of them turn to a life of violence, crime, gang membership etc. They are more likely to do something inappropriate or reckless in comparison to other people. At the same time there is also the white trailer trash but in percentages the black people tend to be higher.

I do not consider myself racially biased; however, I am a lot more cautious when it comes to black people having and a few bad experiences with them. I do not hold anything against them, but I need them to prove to me that they are decent human beings. I have met several wonderful black folks who are great people, and I know that stereotypes are not true. It is unfortunate that the rest of the community makes it difficult for these good people.

excellent post 👏..
ditto
PS- several indians unfortunately seem to assume that every black person is bad and i passionately dislike them.. being cautious is not the same as being biassed / rcially discriminative.  i abhor discrimination and support caution.
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sunrise Coach

Heh, I'm a Puerto Rican dude who was born n' raised in a black 'hood....I should definitely know that East New York, Brooklyn, NYC is NO place to be walking at 1am!

It's sad but true. White 'hoods tend to be a lot safer, while pre-dominantly black 'hoods are prone to more violence.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. In Long Island, you got Wyandanch, Brentwood, Amityville, Hempstead, Freeport, Roosevelt, Uniondale, New Cassel...the most dangerous areas of Long Island, and they've been black communities for decades. Those places have also absorbed most of NYC's crime rates from 20 years ago.

Now onto the white, or in NY's case, Italian 'hoods. Places like Roslyn, Babylon, Bellmore, Wantagh, Masssapequa, New Hyde Park, Westhampton, Center Moriches....those places are normally "dead" at night and mostly safe throughout the day. Crime in those 'hoods come as a shocker.

Too bad most of New Jersey is taking the brunt of NYC's old ways of being the place to avoid back in the 60s to 1992. Newark, Irvington, Camden, Hoboken, Jersey City....and that's soooo not all. Seeing ME in those places early evening is so out of the question...never have, never will.

I even watched a ABCNews story about Newburgh, NY....which is on the west side of the Hudson River in Northeastern Orange county, and the numbers, along with the videos, says enough about how horrible it is:

Over 50% of the city's population is way below the poverty line. Almost 60% are non-whites. More on the poor city? Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newburgh%2C_NY

So yeah, as sad as it is, if it's predominantly white, it's safe. If other, be careful.

The only exemption to this statement: Hicksville, LI, NY :) Desi-LICIOUS!

your Purtorican wow... that's kinda of weird cause someone beside not desi joing this forum