Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raiinie2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: tpam

i kno cant wait to see them again! i mean in some happy ending lol!! they shud sign film together as soon as possible!

yea, hope they work in LOADSAA fillms togetherrrrr, with happy endinggs! Me too, im off off tlk to u guys in an hour- less time,,!πŸ˜ƒ

nilz123 thumbnail

they shud do a film like Jab we met ...that wud be super cute....awww *hug*

and OMG if he proposed her live on tv and i was watching it...i would seriously die of a heartattack....

if flirting during the making wasnt enough, now thay are flirting live on TV....plz just get togethr and end all our curiosity...

Raiinie2 thumbnail

Telling jokes is not my definition...
By: Sarita Tanwar
November 13, 2007
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Sanjay Leela Bhansali on his 'Neela' tag, why he does not believe in formula films and, of course, OSO

Undeterred by critics who have panned his film, Saawariya director Sanjay Leela Bhansali still feels his film is a 'work of art'.

You are being called Sanjay 'Neela' Bhansali.
Thanks for telling me. I hope people remember it.

You are welcome. But why so much blue?
Are there any rules that films cannot be monochromatic? Why should I follow a formula? Who says that every film should have a daylight scene in it? For me, blue is Krishna the colour of romance. People should appreciate Saawariya for being different. Who says we all have to make the same kind of cinema?

Did you wonder 'what if this doesn't work' at all?
No, I don't think like that. I have a vision and I make films according to that. Of course, you want people to see it, appreciate it and to recover the cost, but that cannot be the driving factor. When an artist creates a work of art, he doesn't keep in mind how people will react to it. I don't make flicks, I make cinema.

Industrywallas are calling Saawariya a 40-crore No Smoking. Comment.
Rubbish. Every film has it's own budget. I have a certain way of making a film, and I can't make a small film. The money that I've spent on my film shows. It's a visual treat. I've put up beautiful sets. There are lavish songs, good choreography, cinematography... the effort behind each scene shows. I didn't spend the money on costumes for 40 stars. I didn't go to Manhattan or whichever foreign location other filmmakers are heading to these days to shoot.

Despite Saawariya's good opening, trade experts Taran Adarsh and Komal Nahata predict huge losses for Sony. Comment.
As far as I'm concerned, people love Saawariya. Only a handful of critics are trying to influence the audience against the film. If they are predicting losses, they are wrong. Komal and Taran, belong to the cinema of the eighties, they are antiquated and I never expected them to understand Saawariya. Great cinema should be kept away from such reviewers. According to me, every one who has worked in my film has raised the bar for the movie experience in this country. Gags and jokes at senior actors do not make a film great. Cinema is not about laughing at legends.

Are you talking about OSO?
No. Most films these days are like that. The whole slant seems to be towards making audiences laugh. There seems to be no space for serious cinema. If we don't do something new, our cinema will become a stagnant pool of gags and jokes masquerading as a masala entertainer. Telling jokes is not my definition of filmmaking.

Have you seen OSO?
No, I don't see other people's films.

SRK says that too.
Shah Rukh Khan is the king of Bollywood. He can say whatever he likes. But why is he going around saying, 'I will destroy them?' Where is the dignity of the reigning superstar? Why compare yourself to a film with two newcomers? Who are you to destroy them? Have you created them? Do we eat off your plate? Have we made the film with your money? What gives you the right to say you will destroy 150 people who have invested so much in the film? Let people judge. It's a film with good values, and principles, people should appreciate that.

Are you disappointed with Shah Rukh's comments.
You feel disappointed. We decided that we'll maintain a certain dignity and not pull each other's films down. But then he started making comments like he will destroy us. That's not the Shah Rukh I know. I think he was being instigated to say those things. - (we wonder whooo..πŸ˜•)

But you've been dissing OSO as well!
No, I haven't said anything against their film. I feel that acting is not about six-packs but I've never said it until now. Why 'destroy' us? It's time for new cinema, cricketers, politicians. Let the newcomers like Ranbir come in. Shah Rukh Khan will remain a king. Just because People love (Mahendra Singh) Dhoni, it doesn't mean they will forget Sachin (Tendulkar).

You still think it was a good strategy to position your film along with OSO?
I've got a big opening. No other filmmaker would've got that against a Shah Rukh Khan film, and it's a big deal. We got the biggest opening for an Indian film with newcomers in the lead. Anyway, why compare two completely different films? My films is about art, and OSO is about commerce. People are walking out of OSO too, so why are we only talking about people not liking Saawariya? There is an agenda to this.

You think it's personal?
Maybe nothing personal against me but they want to push the other film, so they are pulling Saawariya down. They are people who are against the film, against the set-up, and there are lot of people who don't want to let Sony in.

Have you watched the film with the audiences?
No. I don't watch my films in a theatre. It's scary. I did it only during Khamoshi. I was very shattered when I saw people getting up and walking out and I decided never to do that to myself again. I send my assistants and they report back to me.

You don't want feedback first-hand to feel the audiences' pulse?
You can't learn what the audiences want. Then you'll get trapped into doing what they want. A filmmaker has to experiment. He needs to have the courage to do so. Sometimes, the audiences will like it, sometimes they will reject it. There's always resistance to something new. But that can't make me stick to formula. For all my films except Black I have been rammed and raped but I won't stop making the kind of cinema I believe in.

Audiences have accepted Ranbir, the same cannot be said about Sonam. Comment.
Yes, somewhere I think we expected Ranbir would to be accepted by the audiences as he had the author-backed role. Sonam's character is grey. Sakina is manipulative, hysterical, scared, lonely... it's not a character you can fall in love with, unlike Ranbir's character. But full marks to her for doing a great job.

The best compliment you've received for Saawariya?
Ramesh Sippy, Rakesh Roshan, Ashutosh Gowariker, Hrithik, Rekhaji...there have been so many encouraging words... but I think Salimsaab paid me the best compliment. He told me, 'Sanjay, it's time for you to make an international film, they will appreciate and value your work.'

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/november/166819.htm

I dont how much truth is in the article..buh newy, this whole SRK-SLB fued reminds me off the whole Aish-SLB feud ages ago where the media played the upper hand of it all!

Edited by raiinie - 16 years ago
Raiinie2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nilz123

they shud do a film like Jab we met ...that wud be super cute....awww *hug*

and OMG if he proposed her live on tv and i was watching it...i would seriously die of a heartattack....

if flirting during the making wasnt enough, now thay are flirting live on TV....plz just get togethr and end all our curiosity...aahahh.Exactly! Oh how i wish tht i got to see the eppy..OMG! Bir prooposing SOna live on Nat TV..wud be supa dupa awesomeeeeee!!πŸ˜†

nilz123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: raiinie

I dont how much truth is in the article..buh newy, this whole SRK-SLB fued reminds me off the whole Aish-SLB feud ages ago where the media played the upper hand of it all!

ohh really??? what happened with ash and SLB??

i remeber ash was on koffee with karan with slb and they seemed fine that time.....hmmm do fill me in plz

mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

oh btw on dat show..rabir was lyk...hii m deepak frm delhi..hii..how r u?
actually jab he said itna naI thot ye ranbir ki awaaz hainneways
ranbir- so u n ranbir r childhood frenz so was it difficult romancing him...she was lyk no we r comfortable n hez a handsome guy so itz nt so difficult..lolz
ranbir-..u wer linked up wid him wt about dat
sonam- we r beyond dat
Ranbir-n u call him beer...y so??
sonam-I hav always been callin him dat...y...I donno...n no1 else calls him so
Ranbir-hmm..ok...so wts up??
sonam-ranbirrrr??????/??
ranbir-oh..u lyk him so much ke sab mein wahi dekh raha hain
n den he said he is ranbir n all..lolz πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

update from my frnd tanvi in orkut πŸ˜† this is from channel v!! πŸ˜† becky updated yerterday bt i got it again so thot posting it here

he actually said....oh u like him su much ke sab mein wahi dikh raha hai?? hahahhaa....he wants to hear is praises from her we knew that....but also if she likes him soo much...hmmmm πŸ˜‰

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Originally posted by: nilz123

ohh really??? what happened with ash and SLB??

i remeber ash was on koffee with karan with slb and they seemed fine that time.....hmmm do fill me in plz

Ash-SLB differences were over Bajirao Mastani and something to do with Salman Khan....things are different now. It was Aishwarya who extended an olive branch considering that SLB gave her great films...SLB forgot everything and called it a truce.

But things seem tougher for SRK now.

mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

i found this interview....itz old....b4 the release of the movie...but i hadnt read it b4 so posting it....sorry 😳

All eyes on Ranbir Kapoor

As the release of Saawariya draws near, all eyes are on Raj Kapoor's grandson
Lata Khubchandani interviews Ranbir Kapoor

Your first reaction on reading the script?
Mr Bhansali was working on 3 films, one day he showed me the script of Saawariya on his laptop. I was so overwhelmed about the role in my first film that I hugged him.

Were there any offers before Saawariya?
Yes, plenty. I was in an acting school in America and a fan of Mr Bhansali's films. I used to ask myself why isn't he offering me a film. When I returned, I asked him to let me assist him and he said: why, when you have 'actor' written all over your face.

And today how many films have you signed?
None. I'm listening to a lot of scripts but haven't decided yet.

How does Saawariya look now?
My dad saw it last night and liked it very much. That's a great relief for me because dad's just so straight about speaking his mind and he wouldn't mince words if he didn't think much of it. I was dreading his reaction actually.

Is the Kapoor name too heavy a baggage for a newcomer?
It's not so much baggage as responsibility. It makes you want to succeed.

How easy does acting come to you?
Just because you're the son of an actor you don't have to be a good actor. Instead, you have to work hardβ€”learn to dance, go to the gym. It's all about what you contribute from your experiences.... But I love the camera, acting is a joy.

If you were to choose your costar, who would it be?
Sonam, Sonam and only Sonam.

Most difficult moment of filming?
The songs I think. Mr Bhansali is such a perfectionist. And songs make a huge impact.

How many sleepless nights have you spent?
I've been sleeping well. I'm not anxious, nervous or excited. It's a nice state to be in.

Does the competition worry you?
No. It's healthy and fun but I can't be compared to anyone yet. I've a long way to go.

i love the part in the red 😳

mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: admail_bd

most of the reveies are here
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=781721

thanks ! πŸ˜ƒ

& cngratsssss saawariyans 😳

np-rox thumbnail

oh btw on dat show..rabir was lyk...hii m deepak frm delhi..hii..how r u? actually jab he said itna naI thot ye ranbir ki awaaz hainneways ranbir- so u n ranbir r childhood frenz so was it difficult romancing him...she was lyk no we r comfortable n hez a handsome guy so itz nt so difficult..lolz ranbir-..u wer linked up wid him wt about dat sonam- we r beyond dat Ranbir-n u call him beer...y so?? sonam-I hav always been callin him dat...y...I donno...n no1 else calls him so Ranbir-hmm..ok...so wts up?? sonam-ranbirrrr??????/?? ranbir-oh..u lyk him so much ke sab mein wahi dekh raha hain n den he said he is ranbir n all..lolz πŸ˜† update from my frnd tanvi in orkut πŸ˜† this is from channel v!! πŸ˜† becky updated yerterday bt i got it again so thot posting it here

πŸ˜ƒ Omg!! I'm having so many emtions after reading this...
But seriously sona-bir are made for each other..

Plzzzzzzz can some1 upload it..I wanna watch it..plzz... I don't have V...And sth as yummilious as this I don't want to miss 😳 😳