Saawariya Fanclub - Goto Pg 78&81 - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago
Saawariya collection crosses Rs 50 cr in one week ( In India)

Mumbai, UNI:

Sony Pictures' first Indian co- production 'Saawariya' in collaboration with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, has garnered Rs 50 crores in India over the Diwali weekend.

Sony Pictures' first Indian co-production 'Saawariya', in collaboration with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, has garnered Rs 50 crore (USD 12.5 million) across 754 screens in India over the Diwali weekend November 9-11.

Saawariya, the first Bollywood production from any Hollywood studio, lit up screens in 12 other markets (across 230 screens) -- UK, US, UAE, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Kenya, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Singapore, and collected USD 1.5 million. The worldwide tally for the same weekend is USD 14 million, said Uday Singh, managing directr of SPE Films India, in a statement.

Commenting on this performance and the fact that Saawariya released on the same day as 'Om Shanti Om', Mr Singh said ''We are thrilled with the opening and the fact that audiences everywhere have connected with the film, especially the youth, who have loved the heartwarming performances by the two newcomers -- Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor.''

''Sony Pictures congratulates Shah Rukh Khan and the entire Om Shanti Om team for setting the all-time record for a film during the Diwali box office weekend. It is truly an amazing accomplishment.

But what is even more significant is that two major films competed against each other and both did enormously well. The marketplace can accommodate two major motion pictures and both can succeed. We could not be more pleased with the success of Saawariya and we are proud that we have played a role in setting the record for our industry during Diwali week,'' he said.

The statement comes in wake of reports that 'Saawariya' has been panned by critics and audiences alike as against favourable response to Om Shanti Om. Similarly, a section of the media reported Bhansali's remarks against Shah Rukh Khan and his film.

Originally posted by tpam

okk let us play something different!relted to saawariya

share ur ideas abt unreciprocated love , do u believe in that? wil u continue loving some1 even if the person u love u knw wil never love yu!!

Im here Amu.

Okay now ur answer-

Hmm..unreciprocated love- thts a tough one! To be honest, i think its harder on ur self, when you find out tht the person whom you love doesnt love you bck..nothing is more crushing than the feeling tht your love is not reciprocated.It tears you apart! As far as for the story- Sakina did imply a little that she may have some feeling for Raj, hence he kept persuing her till the veryy end! and during the song 'jaan-e-jaan' he was soo happy tht Sakina wud finally be her, only to be parted later when Imaan cme bck

The way i see it, love as such is only short term.You can be obesses about it.but will never get any satisfaction out of it like the feeling you get when someone you love loves you back.Therefore, such love i feel can never be maintained in the long run!

Edited by raiinie - 16 years ago
What do you think..?? You views on this pleaseee πŸ˜›

ohh u knw adity is from bangladesh , now yesterday cyclone hit there. may b she is worried abt her home thats why nt coming here πŸ˜• i hope everything is fine
yes that might be the reason..dont worry every thing must be fine ..just must be busy with family probably..in these situations ..i remember when i would live in mauritius there would often by cyclones, no electricity at all..it would be life killing but very disturbing ..lol..no fans/ac/ no tv.radio...and most importantly like normal electricity for light/...cooking..its very stressful
Originally posted by beckytower

yes that might be the reason..dont worry every thing must be fine ..just must be busy with family probably..in these situations ..i remember when i would live in mauritius there would often by cyclones, no electricity at all..it would be life killing but very disturbing ..lol..no fans/ac/ no tv.radio...and most importantly like normal electricity for light/...cooking..its very stressful
it wouldnt be life killing...i meant lol
Ok finally I reached this place..Yaar, Amrita- you said Saawariya fc me aajao, but did not tell where that was...It took me a while to decipher your words and get hereπŸ˜†

Me myself Raksha😳, a fan of Saawariya just like you all..And to be honest with you all, did not think that the movie was a masterpeice or anything after the first viewing..I just liked it 90%...But ended up watching 3 times straight, in theaters and after 3 times, now I want more...😳...People around me are scared of me, that I will ask them to accompany me to the movie..🀣

Loved each and every thing to do with the movie, of course, except ImanπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Raksha
😳
^^ Welcomee Rakshaa! Hope you have fun time posting here!!

i highlighted the part!! amazing!! absolutely so much mature and so much perfect answer!! loved it!!

yu r sooo riteee!! real life is much different wen yu urself face it

Yup, in films and all, they always over materlise it so tht it looks like a 'fairy tale' kinda..but in fact in reality is far from it..

Anyways whts ur take on un recipracated love..???πŸ˜ƒ

aaiye salaam namaste . πŸ˜†

grr888 so u join saawairya fc when it is running 9thπŸ˜† lol i mean it is our 9th fc!!πŸ˜‰

We shud actually proper celebrate her on our 10th FC!!

Haha, thanks for your warm welcome folks..πŸ€—.

We are already in a minority by being the Saawariyans...Its always greeat to be the minority..We are Special😳...

A lot of them did not get the movie and are calling it names like body without soul and what not...And some even went to the extent of calling all those who were watching Saawariya to be smitten by the lead couple and that's why they were watching it...

I can talk for myself and I watched the movie because of the movie and not because of Sonabir...But after watching the movie, now I adore Ranbir and Sonam...

BTW, I always felt bad for Salman Khan in movies like HDDCS and Saajan where he ended up sacrificing the girl, but in this movie I hated his character Iman..I know its unfair, but kya kare..
πŸ˜³πŸ˜†