SOTW2: Copying Work

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey Guys,😳

Carrying on from Hot Topic of the Week/Situation of the Week,

Here is the next situation ( For everyone's information, not relevant to any one in particular's life, all names just exist for the purpose of this post!)

So the Situation is like this....

Suppose this time, there are two really good friends, they have known each other for years and are so close and have never ever fallen out.

However, Now Studies are getting tougher for them both, there is more work and less time to do it. The pressure is on. The two girls here are Anjali and Anya.

Anya has more work than Anjali. This is as Anya chose the subjects which required you to write more essays and Anjali has subjects like Art but they both are in the same class for one of their subjects. Even though Anya has lots more work than Anjali, she gets it all done on time...but has to sacrafice her social time, so she does not go out much anymore and does not even have time to watch her fave serial.😳

But Anjali, has less work, and comes into school and has not done the homework for the lesson that they both have. So she copy's Anya's work. Anya has slaved away at this work and Anjali just copies it all, this has gone on for a while...but Anya has not said anything to her friend as she is fed up. Why should she complete all her work and for Anjali just to copy it all??

So what should Anya do?

She feels uncomfortable with the fact that her friend always copies her. Ok, it might not be an important homework but still, it is NOT fair that she works away and gives up her leisure time and having fun to do her work.....

But should she say nothing, as why risk their friendship over what Anjali might see a small petty issue.

So advice team, what advice whould you give to her?

Would you say to let her copy it or tell her friend she is not ok with this on a regular basis?

So guys,

Start advising the Anya's of this world😳

Love

Advice Corner Dev Team.😊

Edited by anon - 16 years ago

Well from what i can see is that Anjali is over doing. Anya has let anjali copied once and anjali took the chance and is doing that all the time. Anya is in a very delicate situation, she is scared that if she tell anjali to stop copying then anjali might get angry and affect their friendship.

But what anya should understand is that this not only about copying work but this will be affecting anjali studies as well as she is not studying, she is just copying the work.

Anya should speak to anjali is a very understanding way, she should tell her to try to study and complete her homework as this will help her in her studies. Maybe they could sit up and do the work together like a group and in this way anjali will be doing her work. Because this is not fair at all, anya is doing all the hardwork and anjali is just copying, she should deffo tell anjali, speak up her mind, and if they are real best friend, this will not affect their friendship. And besides Anya will be telling this for anjali own good as when doing her homework, it will help her in her studies.

--Israa

I think if its too much work They should share it.

Monday and wednesday Anya should do homework

Tuesday and thursday Anjali should do homework

and friday they both do their own home work.πŸ˜†

They both need to realise that by doing this no one is learning.

Somehow I feel Anya should sit and talk to Anjali, beacuse she cares about her and wants her to learn something, and by copying her Homework, Anjali wouldn't learn anything.

Anya needs to understand one thing, by letting someone copy her home work doesn't mean ur being a good friend but she's being unfair with her friends education, One in a while its ok but not everyday.

So Anya should talk to Anjali and tell her wats on her mind. If she doesn't have the courage to talk, then she can always send an email to her or write a letter and put it in her locker.

I know how annoying it is when you work butt off and someone whos just been chilling takes it off, *Anya*... especially if its your bestie cause you cant just tell em to buzz off.

I reckon Anya, should side-hint it again and again to Anjali. Like one morning be all sad and at the question, reply with something like, "Omg... theres like my cousins party but I cant go because i have to do that. Im so peed off cause i dont get to do much social stuff because im ALWAYS at home doing my ASSIGNMENT!"

We know how hard Anyas working, she knows how hard shes working but Anjali doesnt... and thats what Anya has to do now.. you know like 'Mess with Anjalis brain'. She could also be like, Ok test time! and ask Anjali a question she knows anjali wouldnt know and then be like... "omg but it was in our homework thingy! How could you not remember.. oh wait.. i know. Alright, ANJALI focus on ur homework as well as class work or else you'll fail πŸ˜† " but in a funny friendly way..

One trick that I used (its a BIG risk but it worked for me) is that you repeat your situation to Anjali, replacing her with another fiction person...
"Omg I hate my... *person eg neighbour* I did all this work that we both had to do and she just copied it at the end... she doesnt even know what it means"
Anjali: But... thats what I do to you, too... Do you hate me, oh my gosh!
Anya: No, you dont do that... you.. um, no but youre my better friend... you dont count.

It leaves the guilt tingling... πŸ˜•

Best of luck... "Anyas"

Well I can kind of relate to this situation because sometimes I let my friends copy off of me and I copy off of them when I forget to do it. But it's not on a regular case like every single day.😳

But what I think Anya should so is talk over with Anjali about her thoughts on Anjali copying off her everyday. If Anjali keeps on copying, she isn't going to learn anything and it wouldn't be fair to Anya because she wouldn't get any credit for doing the work. Anjali should realize that copying isn't the right thing to do. And I think Anya shouldn't be afraid to speak up because if she talks over things with Anjali, she might realize what she is doing and stop.

--Krishna😊

Oh, I have been in this kind of situation and I know that it is a wicked tough situation to be in.  You don't want to say no and hurt your friend over this matter and you feel bad and horrible by letting your friend copy it.

I think Anya needs to have a discussion with Anjali about this problem.  She should let her know that she has been doing all the work and it's hard for her to let her copy all her work.  And she should make her understand that it will not benefit her either in the long term especially on tests/exams when she will not be there to help her.

Anya should just let Anjali know that she will always be there if she needs help but this copying needs to stop.  If Anjali is a true friend, she would understand Anya's situation and start working in the class.  If not, then oh well she isn't worth Anya's friendship anyways.
Awesome responses guys!!!!

Great advice!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘
well i think they shud split up the work..
like if its an essay 1, de can write several paragraphs on different themes.. and thn copy it out other day.. dat way it will b equal work for both and anya will not have 2 take de entire load..
Thanks Sonu for advice.

Moderator's Note:
Ok next Q here, how shoud Anya go about approaching her friend in the first place 😳